PDA

View Full Version : CLOSING a THREAD

pampe
09-10-2001, 07:44 PM
SO how do you close a thread, end one, etc, when you no longer need replies???

Thanks
Pam

david ward
09-11-2001, 07:00 PM
Hi

I'm a relative newcomer here but I guess you are getting the same response as me , I seem to get lots of e-mails telling me someone has replied to a thread I subscribed to. It may be that I just added a comment to one whereas i am mostly interested in the replies to threads I started. I'm not sure if you can actually close a thread but you can stop the e-mails comig if you go to "MY WC" then it will show you a list of the threads you have contributed to at the bottom of screen. there is an option to "unsubscribe", just click on the one's you want to stop getting e-mails for.:D

pampe
09-12-2001, 10:41 AM
Thanks, DAvid, I am not set up to get the e mail.....I just want to end a thread that has outlived it's usefulness....

Thanks for the reply
Pam

Rod
09-14-2001, 08:12 AM
Hi Pam,
Normally threads are never closed, they are always left open for comment. If members are still posting then there must still be interest, once the postings stop the thread dissappears of the page. But is still there if anyone scans through past pages.

In rare cases a thread may be locked by a moderator if it is against site rules.

Rod.

pampe
09-14-2001, 11:05 AM
Thanks, Rod