PDA

View Full Version : corel painter question

atyp1
05-02-2004, 08:17 PM
hello, does some of you can help me?
There is a MIXER window in corel painter 8. I would like to use that as real color palette. After I'm mixing color in the mixer, I would like to use that just like in real world ...I would like to have on my brush really the colors (not only one but these i can seein the exact point of mixing) i've mixed.
The only thing I found is a "sample color" tool ...so you can "read" exactly the color you mixed, but I dont want that. I would like after I mixed the color to bring exactly what i mixed imiediately to my works space. And than the color you are bringing is "live" there is some GRADIENTS on the brush etc. How can I use the mixer pallete in corel painter 8 ...to feel the gradients on my brush which I can see in mixer window after my mixing there. and...not only to "read" sample color and move that to working space.

I hope you understand what i mean.
sorry for my engilish. greatings from sunny cracow.
adam

Jet
05-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Welcome to WC..
..I guess you're asking too much from P8, i don't know if that's possible exactly as you want it, but as far as i know, the closest you'll get is having a 2-color brush with a custom gradient of your choice...

Let's hear some Painter wizards around..

Regards

flowerfancy58
05-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Maybe I don't understand your question, not sure:)

But your color picker will pick up whatever colors you mix up on the palette...... you mix your own gradients, color etc, and then choose which color you want to use by running the dropper over the palette .

Hope that's what you wanted to know:)

gloria

atyp1
05-02-2004, 09:48 PM
I was asking , how to use (if there is such a possibility) the mixer in very real way.
I know that there is a picker, but the picker is making my brush not so real and very "poor"...it will alwyas give you one color to one pick.

I'm interesting if there is a method to mix colors on the mixer and than to bring this beautifull effect on your brush to the working space.
Notice that in real world when you are painting it is very often that you have the "gradients" on your brush THE SAME LIKE YOU GET ON YOUR MIXER PALETTE.

I'm asking that because the "behavior" of the mixer is almost perfect , it mix the colours in very nice way ...but it is very irritaiting to use than the PICKER..just to "give" to your brush only ONE "poor" color. It looks great on the mxer because it is "alive" the colors you are mixing have some gradients and I'm asking if there is some method just to mix and that just to SHIFT what you have uder your brush (on the mixer pallete ) straight to your working space.
Notice that the picker will take only one "poor" color ..and look how beautifull "dynamic" color you have just under your "1centimeter" brush -when you mix for example 2 or more colours.

So This possibility of shifting this colours (with real gradients ets) which you already mixed on your mixer to the working space would give really perfect power to painting.

I dont know the painter so well, so it is the reason I'm asking ..here....maybe some of corel painter masters ..will know how to do that.

Or at least if it is real to build such a brush etc . that you could mix the colors for example ine the corner of your work space . and than to bring that to your work. But the most imortant thing for me is ...to have this possibility ...that when I'm mixing two or more colorus like in mixer window, ..than I can use exactly this eefect i created ...on my brush! ..and not only .....one picked colour!...

do you understand what I mean ?

many tahnks for some advices and for interesting this matter.

greatings
adam

flowerfancy58
05-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Adam,
I have no idea. Perhaps someone else here may know of a way to do that, but I sure don't.

gloria

@mD
05-02-2004, 10:04 PM
I dont have painter 8 but are you maybe looking for a cloner,,a cloner stamp or cloner brush????

Jet
05-02-2004, 10:22 PM
I believe--
In theory you can build a brush with several bristles and give different color to each bristle.
That would take care of what you want, although i don't know if that can be made in the AUTO mode you are describing here.

I believe that brush can be built but -be warned- it will be extremely "heavy" and your computer will get ssslllooowww as a snail unless you have a super machine faster than 2.5 ghz with more than 2 G RAM, super fast video card i wouldn't recommend it.

*-Look for alternate ways !!-
-*It can be done if you know your ways in between layers and blending modes,
- * you can build a brush that pulls a little or a lot color each time you add a new color on that same layer,
- *you even can pull some color from a layer underneath the one you're working on by tweaking your brushes controls.

So the effect you want CAN be done, but maybe not in the exact same way as you want to pull it off..

As far as i know, because i never use Painter, so i believe there are many members who know more about it...

Good luck !!

Regards

Elvira
05-02-2004, 10:37 PM
I think what you want it to be able to have the brush pick up and paint all the colours that you have mixed together, just like it happens with real paint when you use your brush to mix the colours. I as far as I can tell this impossible with Painter unless Jet Lera's idea of building a custom brush that can pick up multiple colours would work.
Edie

ExpressMark
05-03-2004, 12:28 AM
At this point I dont feel that it si possible though I will expeiriment with it. The problem with a custom brush if that can even be done is how would you assign multiple colors to it. The only way I know at the moment is shoosing a color via the picker.

I will examine this to see what I might find out about it.

ExpressMark

Cronious
05-03-2004, 05:31 AM
Here is a sort of way to do it.

>Mix you paint in the mixer pallet
>Clear your colour sets
>Now pick out the tones from the mixer pallet and gradually create a new colour set
>Next choose your brush
>Goto the 'Colour Variability' window and click the pull down menu. Choose colour set

This should give you a brush with all the colours in one brush.

Its worth playing with this, putting more or less colours in the colour set.
Also it might be worth playing with the 'Colour Expression' settings

Hope this helps

Crone Woman

atyp1
05-03-2004, 06:43 AM
thanks for every advices. I will work on it.
i dont know corel as well, so i was asking.
And is there some simply way to make the working space behave exactly the same like color MIXER window?
Simply I wouldn't need mix colors in the mixer, ..if I could make such a "mixed" effects in such a simply way in my working space.
than i could use simple colors and mix them -just painting.

is it possible such a kind of brush behavior?

greatings
adam

(i will try every methods you described)
And maybe someone knows another aplication which bahaves more naturaly, ..maybe "Deep Paint" or other? Do you know some other great painting applications?

adam

Jet
05-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Here is a sort of way to do it.

This should give you a brush with all the colours in one brush.

Crone Woman

Thanks a lot clare, i was about to post the same or so.
I had to go through many tutorials on the web, and gather that info.

I knew that was possible, but i am not using Painter at the moment, and somehow i felt like i must had dreamed about it, when nobody had even heard about it and was positive it was impossible.

Well done Clare..glad you had the solution

Regards

Jet
05-03-2004, 09:45 AM
And maybe someone knows another aplication which bahaves more naturaly, ..maybe "Deep Paint" or other? Do you know some other great painting applications?
adam
There are many "toy" programs and i know some have some features like the one you mention here.
Meanwhile you might try a free program called, ArtRage, or the Gimp, or Nature Painter Digital Canvas (http://www.naturepainter.net/) where i did this and is as close as i could get, but you might have better results.This is a 15-day trial version.

..........................http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2004/27782-natpainter.jpg

There are many more programs, and i remember one that claimed to be better than Painter, but don't recall at the moment.I'll go through my links collection see what can dig out.

Regards

Cronious
05-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Glad you found this useful. I am still learning painter, hey I am still learning things in PS and have been using that for about 7 years :eek:

I am reading a lot of books at the moment. The two I have found are the 'Painter 8 Creativity' and the 'Painter WOW book'. I have found it easier to work throught the Creativity book as there are excersise to complete and it is a very compelling book, where as the WOW book is more of a drop in and out book, but very informative.

If you are new to painter as I am it is well worth getting a few books to help getting you started.

This technique is one I picked up from the WOW book when I was flicking though it.

Hope this helps,

Regard

Crone