PDA

View Full Version : The Babe

Vasili
05-01-2004, 12:17 PM
I decided to start a series of baseball studies and this is the first. Babe Ruth swatting one out of the park, back in the 20's.

It's my first B&W painting. I hope to find time to do several more. I have a feeling there mightr be a market for this type of thing. Who knows....

The photo leaves a lot to be desired. It's a bit glossy. Anyone's advice on how to photograph a painting better, would be appreciated.

acrylics
11 X14
Canvas board

Vasili
05-01-2004, 12:20 PM
bAH! the photo didn't attach.

once more....

scotchpie
05-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi Vasili

I like this painting a lot and yes there is a market for b+w paintings. mixed with your sporting theme could be a winner.

have you seen the b+w works of Alain Bertrand? (www.catto.co.uk >works available >Artists)

It is something I plan to try one day.

Great work
Andrew

Bertoni
05-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Well done! It has a lot of spirit and movement. The scene is really interesting in black and white!! :clap:

Vasili
05-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks, for the comments. I also plan on trying an oil color painting of a few sports themes, as well.

I shot a couple of better photos of it....

ExpressiveAngie
05-02-2004, 07:54 PM
I havent even considered doing a black and white painting...what a lesson in values that would be!

Very cool.
Thanks for showing it.

billiam
05-03-2004, 06:30 AM
it definately will fit in for a baseball fan. i really like it. bill

rossism
05-03-2004, 10:31 AM
My boss would love something like that. He's a real sports fan. I think there is a great market for sports themed art.

As a football fan, I have so many useless items with my favorite teams logo. Cups and beer mugs, car magnets, key chains, shirts, jersey's, flags, clocks, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure you'll do great!

Ryan

Vasili
05-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks, for the comments.

It takes lots of discipline for me to not dip my brush into some color along the way. HA!