PDA

View Full Version : Sorceress

digistyle
09-09-2001, 10:22 PM
This was something I had bouncing around in my head and finally put it on "paper". I was trying to create a piece with a sorcerous atmosphere. Painted in Photoshop.

digistyle
[edit: grammer]

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2001/sorceress.jpg

RedShoes
09-12-2001, 12:42 PM
I really like this! My only comment would be, could you make the orange ball have more glow? I love the colors you've chosen and her eyes!! :clap:

digistyle
09-22-2001, 03:20 PM
Thanks, RedShoes. I originally tried a few other variations on strength of the sphere's glow before settling on this one. It came down to this one and another that was about as bright as her eyes. In the end, I felt the subtle one worked best (for me).

digistyle

baquitania
09-24-2001, 06:05 AM
Awesome work as usual Digistyle, I have no problem with the orange ball. Neon Green is always used as an evil color, so it's a nice change of pace... I would change the background myself, to close to her dress and skin color, more contrast would make her more dramatic... What about dark blues for an erie night scene, just a suggestion, keep up the great work...

Bobby

kg7er
09-24-2001, 07:39 AM
Looks great, as always, Digi. I think you captured the feel admirably. I haven't been around here much lately, so I've probably missed a few other good ones you've posted. I've got so many places to post, I just can't keep up.

digistyle
10-10-2001, 02:49 PM
Bobby: Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'd try them out, but when I flattened the layers and saved the file, I didn't rename it, so I lost my layers (a real bonehead mistake!).

Ron: I know the feeling. I'm browsing three additional boards myself. Plus, I've been trying out a lot of traditional art mediums lately. Never enough time to do everything!

digistyle