PDA

View Full Version : New beach scene.

Laura G
04-30-2004, 02:54 AM
My gallery has requested some odd size paintings, including some long narrow ones. This was fun to paint and I think it turned out fairly well. As a matter of fact, this is the first landscape that have actually found to be fun. Maybe I'm onto something.... Anyone see any details that need to be touched on? Any other C&C is welcome also.

pl_kpprt
04-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Lovely painting!! I like it a lot :clap: :clap: :clap:

artistodon
04-30-2004, 03:05 AM
Wonderful job. I love the colors. You captured the breeze in the grass beautifully. The birds are a really nice touch. I don't see anything that you could do to inprove upon it.
Don :)

Marty C
04-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Hi Laura,
Very nice work, the birds finish it off perfectly. The panorama format is great. Nice use of colour with the violets in the foreground drawing the eye.

Bobbo
04-30-2004, 01:23 PM
i like it too
serene scene
nice colors

bohemian0607
04-30-2004, 04:00 PM
nice, I wish the beach here looked like that :D

Laura G
04-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. There were a few things that were bugging me about the painting so I made a few changes. I think it is a stronger painting now. What do you think? Did the changes make it better?

Luka
04-30-2004, 09:22 PM
You are right, it is a much stronger painting now.

Very well done !!

surreal
04-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. There were a few things that were bugging me about the painting so I made a few changes. I think it is a stronger painting now. What do you think? Did the changes make it better?
Hi Laura,
The changes you made created a much stronger painting.

I think I would like the composition more if the growth of flowers on the left extended further into the foreground, touching the edge of the canvas.

Do you agree with me?
:)

Or not?

In any case, it is a very lovely painting.

ExpressiveAngie
04-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Just lovely. :clap:

katz
04-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Refreshing bright colors. I like the format.
Gay

Laura G
04-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi Laura,
The changes you made created a much stronger painting.

I think I would like the composition more if the growth of flowers on the left extended further into the foreground, touching the edge of the canvas.

Do you agree with me?

Or not?

In any case, it is a very lovely painting.

I think you have touched on the reason I have not been happy with my landscapes. They are nice scenes but I want to do something more dynamic. I think what I need is to have something very close in the foreground. I don't think I can do that with this painting but it will be foremost in my mind on the next one. Thanks for the input.

mjt
05-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Good job Laura!

I think what I need is to have something very close in the foreground.
No.....I don't think so. A good rule of thumb when painting landscape scenes is to leave out the first 50 to 100 feet of the scene. This is not where you want to draw the eye of the viewer.

Michael

chal
05-04-2004, 12:14 PM
I agree that the changes are good. Made it much more...grounded (not sure that's exactly the word I'm looking for). Anyway, I love it.

Michael -- good tip. I never thought about that.

Cara