PDA

View Full Version : Flower Painters

binkie
04-29-2004, 10:48 PM
My epiphyllums (sp?) are blooming if anyone is interested. They are the most gorgeous flowers and I took lots of pics. Below's a sample:

Dyin
04-29-2004, 10:59 PM
ha, don't do flowers but they're gorgeous...figured I'd get in and out before all the panting and slobbering over these beauties starts :p

SweetBabyJ
04-29-2004, 11:44 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Upload 'em to the image library, Gwen- that way everyone can share.

Dyin
04-29-2004, 11:53 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Upload 'em to the image library, Gwen- that way everyone can share.

see???? drooling! :p

K Taylor-Green
04-29-2004, 11:56 PM
I don't "do" flowers either, mostly cause I suck at it, but I sure love them. These are truely to drool over. (sorry Dyin)

MKathleen
04-30-2004, 12:15 AM
:D Yoooooooooooo I do flowers and these are spectacular. Thank you for sharing your lovely flowers with us.

Khadres
04-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Is this what's more commonly known as Christmas Cactus? The foliage looks kinda familiar in that last one. Gorgeous colors....too bad, I bet Dyin' coulda done these beautifully in OPs! :evil:

Deborah Secor
04-30-2004, 11:33 AM
I like painting flowers occasionally, too, and these colors are just spectacular. Could I make one request? If it isn't too difficult (depending on size of plants, etc) could you shoot some photos in daylight rather than with a flash? I've found that having natural shadows shows the shapes so nicely. I'm sure someone more experienced at flowers than I am will take these and make them sing, however! thanks for sharing......

Deborah

Mary Robinson
04-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Absolutely beautiful. I might give them a try, I love flowers. And thank you for sharing those.

Mary

binkie
04-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Dyin, you're a hoot! Have to tell you I drool every time I out to the patio just to gaze at them, they are so beautiful. :evil:

Khadres, No, they are not Christmas cactus. Christmas cactus's flowers are much smaller, although similar. These flowers are larger than my hand. I do have some smaller pink ones that aren't as dramatic.

Dee, they are in hanging pots under a shade tree. Some of them are in deep shade and the flash goes off regardless of the time of day. I do have some shots in which the flash did not go off. And I'm happy to post more or even send you some, if you'd like.

Julie, I'll be happy to load all the pics to the library if someone will tell me how.

I would love to see the paintings!!!! I tried one but just didn't do it justice.

Gotta get ready to go to art class and put my Dober pup up to be critiqued.

Dyin
04-30-2004, 02:35 PM
good luck on your critique...let us know how it goes! As to uploading...above the threads is a place called Content. Click on that, then Reference Image Library. There you'll find a button to upload images...should be self explanatory after that.
As for the flash...find your camera manual, most have the ability to shut off the flash so it can't go off. You can also set a lot to the macro position to get those shots from a couple inches! Wow...would love to see these big flowers for real!

binkie
05-02-2004, 01:07 AM
I managed to upload 18 pics to the image library. These were taken without a flash, Dee. :) Somehow I couldn't manage to get them all together. Each one is separate. If I can figure out how to load them together will do some more. Any suggestions on how to do this?

gwen

Deborah Secor
05-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Wow Gwen--gorgeous! I've never uploaded to the image library or I'd try to help ya... but these are some delicious pix!

Deborah

Orchidacea
05-03-2004, 10:29 AM
: : :slobber slobber drool drool: : :

(....wiping off keyboard)

binkie
05-04-2004, 12:09 AM
hehehe Luckily I took those pics last weekend. Went out there today in the heat and all the flowers had wilted. :( It feels like the middle of summer here!

Gotta get busy and find a pic of waves and rocks for my next class project.

gwen