hiding in the same house
trying to leave no more
than a half glimpse
as i close the door.
i sit
open a new pack of cigerettes
and wait.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2001/jfc.jpg

sorry about the size of this image. any smaller and it would have lost so much detail. its less than half its origional size as it is.

im not sure if this should be considered abstract or what. i really dunno what style this would even be considered. any ideas?

also, if youve got any thoughts as to the meaning, im incredibly curious as to how this piece might be interpreted..

tbd

Jan-Michael
09-09-2001, 09:50 PM
strange it has a religious feel to it...maybe not intentional... :)yes it's abstract... have you ever seen any work by Syyd Raven... reminds me of some of her images...she's a good friend and does some very kewl work...:) here's a link...
Syyd Raven (http://www.renderosity.com/~syyd/html_pages/artvisive_gallery.htm)

berlindoctor
09-09-2001, 10:12 PM
yeah, the religious aspect of it is very intentional. the two dark "figures" in the upper left are picking up the debris of a destroyed church.

syyd's work wasnt bad. i kind of gravitated more to her abstract elements more than her well defined stuff. i guess its that element of intentionally placed chaos always fueled me. that, and her "tourin shroud" piece reminded me of joy division meets andy worhol.. hehe

tbd

FrozenSolid
09-09-2001, 10:31 PM
Thats amazing, you have alot of tallent

jheinrich
09-09-2001, 11:03 PM
I come back to this image.

illustration:

woman. mary. dark goddess, sensuous and desiring while caught in the pedantry of social mores.

worshippers, many of them, all cubisting into one great nothing disciple; dancing and praying and made of the words which entrap her.

just me.

j*

Tony Perrotta
09-10-2001, 04:16 PM
Hi Doc,

Very cool I am just getting into abstracts and I like this style alot. What medium did you use, and tecnique to apply the paint.

Great Job, Tony.

AmyH
09-12-2001, 08:53 PM
one word; excellent.

amy