PDA

View Full Version : Misty Morning

nancy_ellen56
04-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi everyone,
Well it has been a bit since I was able to get on here, have been working on a new piece. Combining what I am learning in art class along with the helpful step by step instructions in "Painting Magic" by jerry yarnell. I had to improvise a lot as I was using Painter Classic and not real oils. Anyhow here is a digital version of jerry yarnell's misty morning sunrise. Of course I didn't do everything just like jerry, I can't help myself, I must put my own brand on each project... jerry's only has the buck standing in the water and I decided he was lonely so I added the doe in the back ground. I have some tweaking left to do, but here it is, any comments are welcome.

Jet
04-29-2004, 10:23 PM
WOW,
Great result...
It sure looks like oil or acrylic painting.- or Some kind of medium that is yet to be discovered. :clap:

Love it.

Regards

nancy_ellen56
04-29-2004, 10:33 PM
thanks, your opinion means a lot to me..Guess you are my mentor in a way...some day maybe I can paint a well as you do..It was all done free handed in Painter classic...just this time, I made myself follow instructions to a point and tried to remember what I was learning in class and apply it to my work this time..Of course I also tried to keep in mind all the helpful suggestions I have recieved here...I have worked on this for about a week, a few hours at a time...thanks again.

JCoop
04-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Nancy, WOW! The atmosphere is wonderful... I love the way your painting just glows! Lovely technique... gonna watch for all your posts from now on.
IMO the only thing it's missing is a little texture. However that's not a crit. I love what your doing!

nancy_ellen56
04-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Joel, thank you...You guys have been extremely helpful to me and I appreciate every bit of advice or comment I get. I just don't know how to get the texture thingy down yet. I start with a grainy paper selection but as I draw or paint everything free handed on this by the time I get through blending and pushing the colors around to obtain the shape or color effect I'm after, the texture of the paper has been blended away and the texture I tried to give it by using greater opacity and grain gets lost in the conversion to jpeg. I will keep trying though, any suggestions, I don't like the effect that I get from the selection that adds surface texture.

Laura Brito
04-29-2004, 10:58 PM
You did a real nice job on it! I like the doe too! It must have taken a long time to do too!

nancy_ellen56
04-29-2004, 11:10 PM
thanks laura, the color selections present a problem as I couldn't use the exact step by step color mixing and selection as the instructor but it was fun figuring it out. The deer I achieved by going to a blank canvas and drew and painted it freehand. once I finally got a body shape that looked like a deer and not a llama..lol..I shrunk it to the size I needed for the buck cut and pasted it to my painting in progress and then I flipped the image horizontally and shrunk it some more to create the doe in the back ground. After cutting and pasting her in I made a few alterations to change her up.

themanda
04-30-2004, 01:51 AM
you're showing an amazing amount of improvement! i can tell you're paying a lot of attention in class. i love your gentle sunbeams coming through the tress.

excellent work! :) :clap: