PDA

View Full Version : ** TOP CAT "cheater"**

Jet
04-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Oh Boy !!

here's someone who is taking advantage of technology to enrichen his Portraits (http://www.wbranson.com/paintedportrait.htm)

Look at those jobs, he's quite an artist in several disciplines.

Yet he manipulates a photograph and turns it into a painting alright..

... I like that...and he charges ...no pennies either !!

.....that's my kind of bussiness...sigh! ..... :D

What program do you think he's using ? ... Most likely it's Painter ....

....What do you think ?......

ps..this is the Main page (http://www.wbranson.com) of his site.

JCoop
04-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Hi Jet. I checked it out. The guy is definitely top notch! I really like that porcelain look that he produces. It's great and I'm sure he's raking in the bucks. Personally, I prefer something that tells me the artist has really interacted with the canvas. His work is very clean and professional... maybe too clean, if you know what I'm saying. I do agree that his work is phenomenal though!

Jet
04-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Hi Joel, I agree with you.

That 'clean' look is really an underdeveloped painting most photographers tend to do, somehow their teachings don't let them stray too far from the realistic look and is as far as they dare to go with their works .

There are a couple of 'pro' photographers here in town that claim doing digital embellishments paintings-look alike to photos and they look much the same as this one.

The same thing happens with some photo manipulators when they think that manipulating a photograph is destroying completely the image converting it into a spiral , or squares or something that doesn't look like the real thing.

You can see both examples at the digital manipulation forum here at WC:
1.- The photographers that don't dare to go too far from the photo look and
2.- The ones that distort a photo until no recognizable features are left in the final picture.
Some don't let go and others get lost in the process, but that's the way most beginners started doing digital work, at one of these ends (me included).
Later on, we learn to play with extremes and wander at some place in the middle until we start having fun and develop around.

Glad that you noticed that detail from this TOP CAT cheater.

.......and he charges no pennies either ..... :)

Regards

flowerfancy58
04-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Beautiful work! I'd say either Painter or PhotoShop:)

gloria

themanda
04-29-2004, 06:35 PM
it's very good photo art. he's got a nice touch. but painting..no way!

sure wish i could rake in $7k for a piece, though. if he's honestly making that much on his commissions, then more power to him. but, just because he's got that price thrown out there doesn't mean that he's actually MAKING that much. i mean, i could say that my prices range from $200 to $15000, i just haven't had a buyer yet. :) yeah, that's it!