PDA

View Full Version : "tenshi"

berlindoctor
09-09-2001, 01:20 PM
hello. im rather new to wet canvas so i thought i'd drop in and contribute to the chaos. this is actually the first time ive posted any of my work anywhere. consider it virgin. i'd be very interested to hear your thoughts/feelings/ramblings/etc..

thanks,

c.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2001/tenshi.jpg

RonMarko
09-09-2001, 02:42 PM
I like this art!

How was it done?
Is it all digital?
What are the dimensions?

Welcome to this forum BerlinDoctor - I'm sure that you'll be hooked in no time!

:clap:

berlindoctor
09-09-2001, 02:59 PM
uhm, what ive posted here is all digital. the final product is an 11x17 print with some stripped and disjointed poloroids added. if i ever get around to borrowing a digital camera, i'll have to put the mixed version up. i had to reduce the size drastically to put it up here and quite a bit of the detail is lost. *sigh*

tbd

FrozenSolid
09-09-2001, 06:55 PM
Thats great man, i really like that kind of art.

colorme
09-09-2001, 08:03 PM
i like this too:D

Jan-Michael
09-09-2001, 09:40 PM
I like it alot happening just out of sight.... Photoshop...?

jheinrich
09-09-2001, 11:14 PM
this one doesn't grab me like the other ...

I think it's because I don't 'see' anything in the shapes ... as if there is a house with no doorway.

barred windows, and a super-nova sun :D

perhaps you could elaborate on what 'tenshi' means for me?

j*

berlindoctor
09-09-2001, 11:33 PM
tenshi - Japanese angels. Like christian angels, they were messengers of god, but also helped bring the subliminity of nirvana to earth on the more human level. They more or less saved Buddhism by stopping the Daishi from sacrificing himself by throwing his body from a tall cliff, telling him that a lifetime of teaching the lore of Buddha is better than propitiation.

i guess in some ways i was trying to reflect the intensity of nirvana (or the tao in my case).

japanese pop culture influence kind of snuck in a bit. hence the slight appearence of anime style and neo-pop/urban digital tagging (graffiti).