PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Susan Doherty
09-09-2001, 11:10 AM
Hi. My name is Susan, I love to paint and would like to talk to other painters with the same interest. I love to show off my work to anyone who wishes to see what I have created. I have painted on many different kinds of surfaces. one of the most interesting is on a emu egg which has a natural emerald or opal green color. I have also painted flowers and birdhouses on two dressers . I have posted most of my recent work on my own commuity, so I can share with other artists. If you would like to see the pictures I will send the address or I will try to add a few of my favorite ones to this site. I'm just new here so I'm not shure how it works yet. I hope to talk to someone soon. by for now.

:

paintinpat
09-09-2001, 07:59 PM
Hi and welcome to Wetcanvas, Susan. I also have painted on Emu eggs for a lady in St. Louis that raised them. When I had a retail craft shop one of our newspaper reporters came in one day and said she had a strange request...did I or could I paint on these 7 - 8 Emu eggs...well I did a variety of subjects, from florals to snowmen, and when they picked them up they loved them all. So it just goes to show, you can paint on about anything. I would love to see your paintings if you would send the site to us. I'm not one to tell you how to post on this list, trying to myself just yesterday, without luck, but some sweet soul will come on and explain how to do it for you. I hope this forum does catch on as I consider myself a decorative artist more than any other method.
Pat

leesmith
09-10-2001, 12:33 AM
Hey Susan, hey Pat!

Welcome to WC Susan! If you will look above this thread, you'll see little gray buttons, one says " uploader".

You have to have images stored on your hard drive. If your images are bigger than 400 pixels, you'll need to do a "save as" to create another image, then size it down, give the file a different name BEFORE you try to REPLY and UPLOAD.

After you click reply ( or new thread ), type what you want to say then go to the top of the page and click the GRAY "uploader" button. A window will open, then click the "browse" button. Use the scroll to find the name of the image file you want to post from your hd, then click "Open, then click "upload image". Go to the top of the page and you'll see in tiny letters something like IMG: blah blah blah /IMG. Hilight that whole little message, then at the very top of your page click "Edit". From the drop down menu, click "copy". Now, close the browser window X in right corner until you get back to the "reply box" you had already started. Click inside the box for the cursor to appear, then go back to top of page click Edit, then on the drop down menu again, click copy. The IMG line will now be in the reply box. Then click Submit Reply button at bottom. It sounds complicated but after you've done it a few times, it'll seem EZ.

When I first started posting images, I was so SLOW at it, that I would lose my connection, that's a real pain cuz mine when I reconnect, takes me back to my home page!

tammy
09-10-2001, 01:24 AM
Welcome Susan,
Glad you could join us. We love to talk and can't wait to see your photos! :D

Susan Doherty
09-10-2001, 10:56 PM
http://communities.msn.ca/TogetherPaintCreations - this is the address of where some of my work is stored. I hope you would be able to just click and get it. Please let me know if it works. This wet canvas site looks like a great place to be. I didn't get a chance to check everyting out yet. Thanks leesmith for the tips on uploading pictures, I wil try it some time later.
Paintinpat - If you ever have to blow out any of the emu eggs, we found a small basketball hand pump worked great it took only one half an hour to blow out 20 eggs through a small drilled hole. I hope to talk to you soon.
Sue.

tammy
09-10-2001, 11:50 PM
Very beautiful work Susan. I liked the mailbox.

Susan Doherty
09-12-2001, 10:27 AM
Hi tammy, We came up with this idea a few years back and my customers and students just love it. My customers can change the look every season and my students like to carry just the pannels back and fourth to class instead of the entire mailbox. We have also done up the longer stiyle mailbox but not pictures as of yet.
I wish to find a place where I could market some of my work over the computer, has anyone found a good site for this purpose? I am also looking for a place where I can purchase supplies eg. brushes and paint. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks