PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight over my Ocean

Loki
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm glad we now have a forum devoted to all things ocean!

Usually, I haunt the watercolor forum, but I think I can make this my "second home"... :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2004/9734-moonshine_ocean.jpg

This is hopefully the first of many contributions here, I hope you like it!

Comments/suggestions welcome and thanks for looking!

artdreamer1
04-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi Loki,

I'm also a lurker from the watercolor forum; absolutely LOVE this--the colors are so great;wonderful atmosphere. Only crit I might have is that,to me, some of the clouds seem too "sharp"--I mean some of the edges could be softened(my personal opinion)--some almost seem like mts. to me(right side); could just be the scan or my computer tho...

Really like it alot!!! What size is it and is it watercolors? I love this forum;just what the doctor ordered. The first and second paintings that I did(out of 5 total) were of a surfer on a wave and just the wave itself; second came out a lot better although I kinda like the surfer in the first. Needed this forum tho--as soon as I get another scanner or digi camera, I'll be sure to post here(and on the watercolor forum, of course). :clap: :D

Michele

ripvanblair
04-28-2004, 05:08 AM
Superb colours Loki , there is a nice peaceful feel to this one------well done------Alan

Marty C
04-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Hi Loki,
This has a haunting, ethereal feel to it with the moonlight reflections over the ocean. A beautiful, sensitive piece.

ripvanblair
12-13-2004, 06:32 AM
This is very nice, these colours work well, a nice peaceful scene------------well done---------Alan