PDA

View Full Version : Mural :)

Thumper
09-08-2001, 09:04 PM
This is an 8 by 10 foot mural, painted on the wall of my home, using acrylics. this is the first mural that I've ever done, and I've learned so much by doing it. Enjoy :)
Joc
Sorry it looks so fuzzy. . . but I had to resize it drastically

jpope
09-08-2001, 09:26 PM
Oh, Thumper, it's beautiful!! Something so idyllic and airy to lighten your home. Very impressive!:D

Christie
09-08-2001, 11:05 PM
Oh, this is just beautiful! I wish that I had the patience to do this sort of thing.

YLCIA
09-09-2001, 09:47 AM
Wow!This is awesome.Beautiful.

Julia

bug
09-09-2001, 09:49 AM
You did an amazing job, beautiful!:clap:
Really great conversation piece I bet. Now you need a party to show it off. :D

dcheek
09-10-2001, 02:05 AM
Wow, this is too cool, I want to grab a chair and walk out into it sit down and just relax...Beautiful:cool:

cherid01
09-10-2001, 11:05 AM
You did a wonderful job on your mural. I'm trying my inexperienced hand at murals with acrylics. Did you use glazes in this piece.? I'm trying to learn to use glazes because they seem to have such radiant light. It's slow going and lots of experimenting but I'm determined to learn. I really enjoyed your mural picture. Great job:clap: !
Cheri

Thumper
09-10-2001, 06:27 PM
Thanks Everybody. . .
Let's see, I had never done a mural before, and I had no idea how to do one (which is why I did it in my own home. . . ) I used wall paint, in the primary and secondary colors, and I also bought 'real' acrylic (liquitex) pthalo green, crimson red and burnt umber. I started by just blocking in the basic colors, using the wall paints, but i now feel as though that step may have been somewhat unneccessary. I didn't use glazes, it was more impressionistic, if anything else. I did, however use a glaze for the steps, to make the darker parts lighter near where the direct sunlight shines through.

I basically did a section at a time. . . completing that before going to the next part, and then I went back at the end to touch it up. That's something I don't normally do, but the painting was so overwelming as you can imagine, that I needed those finshed sections to give me the confidence to continue.

I'm sorry for my horrible description, but I basically just bought the paint and tried my best. I was really discouraged at first, but by continually working on it, I was able to finish it.
Joc