PDA

View Full Version : am i nuts? or... just a lush in the garden

Shirley C.
04-26-2004, 07:09 PM
:rolleyes: i just can't stop doing these garden thingies. nancy, you were right - very addictive!!

so this time i'm going to try doing a necklace. yep, i MUST be nuts. i'm not going to put doodads all the way around the neck, just on the front part of the piece. but the rest of it will be a multi-strand thing so it will be thick like the garden part. i don't know when i'm going to have time to work on it, because i'm going to be focusing on my collaboration piece for mary. but i did get started - i strung the base of the garden portion, and gathered up a bunch of materials from my stash. here are pix of what i'll be working with. sheesh, wish me luck! (and no, i'm really not a lush - heck, i have a glass of wine maybe once in 6 months and that's it.)

debkauz
04-26-2004, 07:20 PM
I can't wait to see the progress! I think it's going to be a really pretty necklace! Being a lush in the garden must be a good thing for you. :evil:

Debbie

artbabe21
04-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh, boy! Another one!! :D Glad you laid out all your beads & do-dahs, I just had out my Rio Grande catalog looking at leaves, flower caps, etc for a bracelet. You have me hooked!! :)

lisilk
04-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi Shirley. Yeah, thanks for doing a WIP. I really want to see how everyone works. How people put the end cappy things on ( LOL. see why I need help ?) How they are put together, etc.

Thanks !

Li

TheBlueBetween
04-26-2004, 07:49 PM
oh FUN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

artbabe21
04-26-2004, 07:54 PM
How people put the end cappy things on ( LOL. see why I need help ?) How they are put together, etc.

At least you have it down better than I, who calls them 'doo-dahs'...ah, end cappy things...LOL!

Shirley C.
04-26-2004, 07:58 PM
At least you have it down better than I, who calls them 'doo-dahs'...ah, end cappy things...LOL!
um, yes... in my former life as a software developer, we called those sorts of words "technical terms". :D (used 'em all the time!)

oh boy, the rio catalog... you're in trouble now! :clap:

beclectic
04-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Shirley, Unakite, yum - and those lampwork beads they are just fantastic. Did you make them, you are so talented. Lots of other do-dahs, uh beads too. :)

These things really are an adventure. Each one is so different. Thanks for starting this thread.

froggee501
04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
I LOVE THAT STONE!

okay, I really really like all natural stones... I'm a gemstone fanatic. :D

Beads-Me!
04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
:D Shirley's hooked.... Shirley's hooked.... :D This will be fun to watch girlfriend!