PDA

View Full Version : painting on t-shirts

raphaŽl_eko
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Hello!

I was hoping to paint some words and images on cotton (and or cotton/poly blends) shirts and was wondering if you fine folks might have some advice on materials to use. Specifically, what the types of paints (I'm assuming something acrylic might work) as well as any fixatives that will help the paint last through friction and numerous washings. I would appreciate any links that you find useful too!

Merci beaucoup!

Barrie
04-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Welcome to WC! I wish I could help you with this one, but definitely not my speciality! I'm bumping this up to the top though, so maybe one of the others can help you with this, or possibly guide you to the right place.
Bon chance!

lisilk
04-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for bumping this up Barrie, almost missed it.

Hi Raphael and Welcome to Wetcanvas.

You are right about acrylics. Usually heat setting them will make them last. I use Jacquard Neopague and Jacquard Lumiere ( metallics.) They are arcylics made with a special binder for fiber. You can get more info at
www.dharmatrading.com on all sort of fabric dyes and paints and stamping equip. They do ship to Canada.

Make sure you post what you make !

Li

raphaŽl_eko
04-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey there,

Barrie thanks for bumping my post! And lisilk thanks for your advice. I've noticed some kits available at the local arts store. Please let me know if you have any cautions with regards to products that have not worked for you. Again, thank you both!