PDA

View Full Version : My Puppy made a work of art!

ThinkSeeDraw
09-08-2001, 06:50 PM
Ok, i know u were probably expecting a piece of artwork done by my dog, but here's the next best thing, a picture of my dog! lol
This was done in NuPastels on some kind of watercolor paper, it is the 2nd work i ever did with nupastels...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2001/SophieDear2.jpg

LDianeJohnson
09-08-2001, 09:04 PM
strawberrrie,

GOD made your puppy, YOU made your painting. Nice work.

This is a good example of foreshortening. You can enhance this even more. Leave the softened background edging alone and bring the snoot and tongue into even better focus. But, make the eyes the focal point. Since you have attempted to capture the pup moving, some areas need to be softened as you have them. The ears can be even more flowing but bottom jaw with more with more definition. The teeth are done well, not too crisp, just suggested.

Looks like you are having some fun with pastel! Keep your movement loose and open without tightening...you're doin' just fine. Use a mirror to look at your picture in reverse to catch even more areas to refine.

Diane

ThinkSeeDraw
09-09-2001, 02:59 AM
That is a great idea with the mirror!! I will definetely try that out... And your right, the jaw does need to be defined quite a bit.... This came from an actual photo, i think i will post it ;)

yogi
09-24-2001, 11:19 AM
Yes, admittedly, I was expecting paw prints across a sheet of paper where your puppy had walked in your pastel dust, then decided to romp around your studio! But, alas, he didn't get to have all that wonderful fun.....YOU did! :)

You did a super job in bringing your adorable puppy to our screens. Thank you. Please post many, many more of your works. And, bring your young canine to visit here any time you like! :D Excellent work!