PDA

View Full Version : "Wind Walkers"

Jan-Michael
09-08-2001, 06:37 PM
Created in Bryce.. you're actually looking at them trought two layers of water... added the other effects in Photoshop....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2001/WINDWS.jpg

angelfehr
09-08-2001, 07:25 PM
What do you think of Bryce? I downloaded a trial version, but it is wretched...keeps freezing up and didn't come with anything resembling a tutorial.

Jan-Michael
09-08-2001, 07:59 PM
I have Bryce 4 ... 5 is out now and probably what you downloaded... I love Bryce it's a fantastic program... but without a manual it would be rough... I have been using it for about 1.5 years and still learn something new all the time... there are some good tutorials out there that might get you started.. not sure about the crashing problem with 5... haven't heard about that...

MichaelRH
09-08-2001, 08:17 PM
Jan-Michael-

I have been looking at quite a few of your posts...(with the time I had to do so), I like the sense of movement you've captured here, as well as the beautiful colors. Your image ties in very well with yout title.

I could see this image quite large on a wall....it has a great mood!

I've never heard of "Bryce"?? Is it primarily a paint program like Photoshop? What are some of the advantages if you don't mind listing a few...?

I do use the computer for *some* manipulations, but the finished product usually appears in the form of drawings or paintings. I feel the computer is a good tool for exploration, but for who-knows-what reason, I have seldom used it to make images (finished images)..I use it more for reference.

I do like Adobe Photoshop, but I've never really used Adobe Illustrator.

Again, Jan-Michael, I was wondering if you also draw or paint? (in addition to your computer images)..just curious. I'll have to review your posts just in case you HAVE posted drawings or paintings...and I've been (unfortunately) to busy..to spend much time with them.

I recall some heads/faces you have posted and I want to take another look around to find these. I think the element of mystery you convey in your work is beautiful. I find it thought provoking...

--Michaell

dornberg
09-08-2001, 08:27 PM
very interesting shapes and feeling

allanom
09-08-2001, 08:47 PM
Vertigo inducing!.. I'm falllllllliinnnnnnnnngggggg.....

Interesting concept. Don't think I could handle this wall-size (hope that's not just because I'm past 50 :O).

jerryW
09-08-2001, 08:50 PM
a good result has happened

Jan-Michael
09-08-2001, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the comments... MichaelRH.. Bryce is a 3D rendering program... in a nutshell it allows you to build scenes ... texture the objects... apply lighting.. you can also create your own objects in it..so it's kind of a modeling program as well... I really enjoy Photoshop as well... that's where I usually finish my image.. I do penicil sketching as well as 3D art... have only uploaded one of them... have to get them scanned to upload... :) allanom... yep 50 here as well don't think I could handle it wall size...LOL :)

quadros
09-08-2001, 11:44 PM
Wow! This image is terrific! I like the effects you gave it!

rsmak
09-09-2001, 12:05 AM
this is great,I like it very much

rosanna

Ceu
09-09-2001, 03:19 AM
This is great , love the feeling of wind flowing thru the people.
:)

jerryW
09-09-2001, 03:45 AM
if nothing untoward occurs 50 also in december, no free walls but otherwise, would be tolerable even inviting.

YLCIA
09-09-2001, 10:53 AM
This is really awesome! I love it.

Julia