PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on my eBay auction template...

pixelscapes
09-08-2001, 11:43 AM
Hi everybody,
I haven't listed anything at eBay for a while, and I need advice!

I've always felt that a well-designed and thorough auction description goes a long way towards getting bids.

So, I've been working on a <a href="http://www.beware-of-art.com/artist/personal/auction_planning/ebay_sample_01.htm" target="_blank">generic template for my sculptures</a> at eBay, but I'm not sure if it breaks their new "acceptable link" limitations. Please take a look and let me know?

I hope to start these auctions around $175 with no reserve... that way if I only get one bid, I'll be OK...

Also, any advice on layout, information provided, or anything else eBayish would be appreciated!

-=- Jen "eBaywatch? *bounce* *bounce*" de la Cruz

leesmith
09-08-2001, 01:53 PM
Hi Jen,

The listing looks good! Do you do other media, and subject matter?

If you do, devote a line or two telling about other work you do using keywords; for example, " I work also in oils, pastels (etc ) I paint in the styles of: contemporary, expressionism, modern, abstract, impressionism, realism, pop art ( etc ). I really enjoy painting florals, landscapes, still life, portraits, architecture, animals such as dog, cat ( etc ) Just be sure that all of these keywords apply to what you do. In the listing they don't have to apply to just the item you're listing. The more keywords you use, the more this sculpture is going to show up whenever someone is searching one of these keyword. In titles ebay only allows keywords that apply to your specific listing.
Adding many keywords in your descriptions will get you more traffic.