PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Show and Tell All About It. :-)

Moth
04-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Well...it is 12:40 AM here in rockin' downtown Andover, OH; population 200.

So, it must be time for Sunday's show and tell thread. :clap: :clap:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!!

Me first?? Oh, all right. If you insist. ;)

This is a really simple little bag made from a river rock printed fabric. Lined with hand-beaded silk velvet. Double drawstrings and my job for tomorrow is to replace those generic silver beads with some custom lampwork. Wish me luck.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/24464-stonespoucho.JPG

OK...now YOUR turn!

~~Mary

Alethia Donathan
04-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Mary - Ohhh I just love that fabric! It's so cute!

Well it's not quite Sunday yet here in Hawaii, but by the time I get up and have finished with all of my mommy duties for Sunday...the day will be almost over for some of you.

Can't wait to see what else everyone has been working on....

Here's my contribution. It' a lampworked shell pendant with a four braid necklace using different fresh water pearls and peridot chips.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/10944-Shellnecklace.JPG
Have a great day everyone,
Alethia

lisilk
04-25-2004, 05:10 AM
Mary, thanks for getting us started for the new day. What a great purse ! Did you make the hand beaded velvet or is it vintage ? ( I'm a slave to vintage fabrics. ) Don't dismiss what you do as simple. You have no idea who's looking at that and wishing they could do the same. Would you consider doing a WIP and showing us how you put a " really simple little bag" together ? Wonderful bag !

Alethia- and what a dynamic contribution it is. It is so rich looking. That lampwork shell is stunning !

Nothing from me today...still working on the 4 seasons scarf. Beautiful start to a new day.

Cheers,

Li

SuzyQ
04-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Mary - Wonderful bag! It's so beachy.

Alethia - The greens of those beads just look so lucious, and what a stunning pendant!

Here is my version of a ribbon bracelet. Did anyone see those two dollar bags of ribbon at Jo-Annes! I couldn't resist.

beclectic
04-25-2004, 10:22 AM
What a great start to the day.

Mary - I like that purse, I know it will be even more wow worthy when you finish with it.

Alethia - that is one georgeous necklace. I love pearls and braids so it is right up my ally. The pendent is very different and pretty, did you make it?

SuzyQ - JoAnns has ribbon for $2 a bag, I wonder if the JoAnns here has that sale? I love the summery bracelet you made with your practically windfall ribbon.

Great work everyone.

McDuck
04-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Mary that purse ia adorable, especially for a lapadarist like me :p

Alethia, that is one beautiful necklace I lover pearls and that shell, WOW!

SuzyQ, I am not big on reds, but that is one highly cute bracelet. Watch out Nancy, she sneakin up on ya! lol

As for me, nothing today out of my kiln. Yesterday was yard work day.

-Mary

gypsysoul
04-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Would you consider doing a WIP and showing us how you put a " really simple little bag" together ? Wonderful bag !

Mary, I'd love to see one, too. Very cute bag.

Alethia, that piece is so luscious and elegant.

SuzyQ--adorable!

I hope it's okay to show just beads that haven't been made up into anything yet. These came out of the fire a couple of days ago:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/10675-blackabstract-042104.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/10675-purpleabstract-042104.jpg

Paula

somk
04-25-2004, 11:46 AM
I'll just be a "Wow" bird today :D

MaryMoth> Adorable fabric for an cutecute pouch ! I'd like to see the final with lampwork beads :)
Alethia> You found the brightest greenest peridot I've seen in a long time. . ! Gorgeous lusssccccious necklace.
SuzyQ> Happy is the word that comes to my mind when I see your bracelet :)
Gypsy> cool beads ! I especially dig the small one on the right.

What a great Sunday :)

Barrie
04-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Mary, the purse is adorable! I love it! Great fabric!

Alethia, beautiful pendant, I love the shell shape! The braided necklace goes so well with it! The peridot is a wonderful punch of color!

Li, your WIP is going to be amazing!!! I can't believe the work involved in those!

Miss Mary McDuck - a lapidarist? Me too!! Is there anything we don't do? :evil:

Paula, I don't know about the others, but I love seeing your 'components' before they're made up in to a finished piece.

Somk, I'm with you today, just a looker! Can't wait to see what everyone else has to offer today!!

DonnaBee
04-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Wonderful everyone!

Li, I love what you said:

Don't dismiss what you do as simple. You have no idea who's looking at that and wishing they could do the same.

What an excellent thing to say! I hope I don't forget that, I want to make it my sig line! :)

jujeebeads
04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Beautiful work Ladies! (and gents, just in case!)

Alethia, I LOVE that necklace!! :clap: :clap:
I have to learn how to string better, and that certainly inspires me!

I am so glad I found this forum. This might be a silly question, but is it fairly new?? And just what I needed, another forum to take up more time staring at my computer! :p

have a great Sunday!

Judy :cat:

toozygoot
04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am loving this forum!

Mary - that purse is just so sweet! I love the fabrics and the shape!

Alethia - gorgeous showcase for that great focal!

Suzy-Q - great little bracelet! I remember the first time I saw a piece using ribbons at a Best Bead show and I fell in love with the whole idea.

Paula - awesome beads with so many design possibilities! Love the colors!

pat

artbabe21
04-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Good morning & welcome to all new to this forum...:) Lovely work everyone!

This IS my very favorite thread & I SO look forward to the clever & most beautiful sharings!! It can be such a spring board for everyone's creativity!!:D

McDuck
04-25-2004, 03:45 PM
I really need to take an hour or two out to make something real to put in here. ;)

lisilk
04-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Suzy- What a fun bangle. I'd never really seen jewelry using a lot of fiber before this forum started. Now you all are inspiring me to try it myself....after my show. :p

Mary- I think you win the production merit badge. You are unstoppable. LOL. They're all so cool.

Paula- I too like to see the beautiful beads before they become jewelry that I can't afford. Thanks for showing them !

Back to the mines...

Li

AmyK
04-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Two recent bangles...my lampwork beads.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/34286-seafoambangle.gif
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/34286-avapinkbangle.gif

lisilk
04-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Very nice Amy. I am partial to the first just because of the turquoise color though I also love the patterns on your other beads. Thanks for showing !

Li

flynfire
04-25-2004, 07:42 PM
What great works today everybody! I'm still waiting for cabs, so have been gloomily melting scrap silver into beads (I will not become infatuated with BEADS). Actually, I did use some scrap for a ring. I wanted to see how small I could saw a glider! Darn. Where's that Fugly Design Challenge thread when you need it?
On a brighter note, I did sell two pendants this week!

Shirley C.
04-25-2004, 08:11 PM
ah, my favorite thread! everyone's work is so inspiring.

i haven't completed any wearables in awhile, but i did have some torch time last week (a little bit...).

the blue disks will be going into a bangle that one of the flight attendants ordered from me when i flew with my mom back to connecticut. :D

i'll try the coral disks in the piece i do for the mcduck collaboration. maybe. still trying to visualize it when i'm not working on other stuff.

the floral bead will be going to someone just as is.

and the last set is for my bead show inventory. unless i break down and "make stuff" with it... :evil: the center bead is hollow, and the scanner doesn't pick up the metallics on it very well. it's shiny gold with little blue iris fritty stuff on it.

and today i worked on my lush garden project. i'm getting close to being finished. yay! but i have an idea for another one, so this may not be what i end up exchanging - we'll see.

SuzyQ
04-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Shirley that floral bead is to die for! You can show us your beads anytime.

Amy I like those bangles. The coffee strawberry ice cream combination is yummy! (yup, still on a diet...)

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my ribbon bracelet. It's funny, I often make jewelry I would never wear, like that bracelet. I'm just not a red and yellow kind of girl but I wore it today. Mostly because I wanted to see if it was "wearable". I was amazed at the number of compliments I got, as well as the order! I guess I should make a few more for my show next weekend.

Emjay
04-25-2004, 10:10 PM
New style for me. Much prettier in person--iridescent beads.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/11303-RAW_bracelet.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/11303-close_up.jpg

beclectic
04-25-2004, 10:33 PM
New style for me. Much prettier in person--iridescent beads.

I like the style it really showcases the pretty beads. Have you thought of trying it with a smaller clasp for a more delicate look?

Beads-Me!
04-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Great work everyone! I love the variety here... Suzy - look at you go! I love it. Here's one I finished up last night with a whole bunch of shells from vacation....

DonnaBee
04-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Everyone, wonderful wonderful wonderful!

But Nancy, what are you trying to do to me! *thud* You are a dynamo!

Emjay
04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Barbara--I was just messing around experimenting with this one. Didn't give the clasp much thought, just grabbed something. You are probably right!
Nancy--I'm not a shell fan, but that is GREAT! Love the etched "beach glass" beads.