PDA

View Full Version : Digital video - clueless

glfshepard
04-24-2004, 02:53 PM
I am interested in playing with some digital video, and I have software already. I don't have a video camera. This is what I was thinking of doing to play around with the medium...

Download a few videoclips from the Internet, and play around with editing them and making a kind of "video collage".

Is this is potentially frustrating endeavor? For example, the software is difficult to learn (I have Apple's iMovie and some other program too)? If I take different source material, would I be able to give a cohesive feel to the video? Or does that require a ton of editing?

For people who do this type work, do you find the editing process tedious or an integral part of the art-making experience?

Thanks.

Elvira
04-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Video is very much like movie and animation it requires a lot of patience and creating a video collage would require much editing and reworking inorder to come to the final result.

I use to work in a building where there was a co-opeative for making digital and other video format tapes, (Center for Art Tapes) the people who created these projects spent many hours after having shot or compiled their images and sound tracks in the edit studio to attempt to achieve the result they wanted.

In many cases the editing part of the project was the most work intensive and required the individuals to place a time constraint so that they would actually finish the project.
Edie

kbilltv
04-25-2004, 06:09 AM
I've taken to animation. Seeing my art live and breathe is worth the time it takes to make it so.