PDA

View Full Version : OT: Leaving for a while...

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-24-2004, 01:30 PM
As some of you know, my dad was diagnosed with a cancerous mass in his small intestine. He had his appt. with the surgeon at Moffit Cancer Center down in Tampa yesterday, and they cleared their schedules to work him in on Tuesday.

I originally was not going to go due to logistical probs (Hubby is away, he has a commissioning ceremony for his ship on Fri that he can't miss, etc, etc) but after speaking with him and giving it extensive thought, I wouldn't be able to live with myself in the event something happ'd and I wasn't there. So, the Coast Guard (ladies, if you ever have sons interested in joining the service, send them Coastie, cuz they really care about supporting the families) is shipping Russ home on a plane tonight, and we'll be leaving for FL tomorrow.

I will be gone at least a month, and I'm unsure how frequently I'll be online at all to play in the forum. :crying: I will be taking most of my jewelry making supplies with me so I have something to keep me sane, and hopefully still work on my Garden project and get it done on time, but all in all, I won't be posting nearly half as much. I hope you guys don't forget me while I'm gone...

/sniffle

In the interim, I hereby declare DonnaBee as my stand in, and she better keep up my slack for me in the posting pretties department. I know she's the infinite optimist around here, so take good care of one another and know I'll be missing you all!

Prayers and Blessings for each and every one of you...

~Danielle

Gingerbiscuit
04-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Danielle, please know that you will be in my thoughts, and so will your Dad.

Take care of you.

Much love xxxx

Beads-Me!
04-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Oh Danielle - I hope everything turns out all right. We'll keep you in our thoughts back here on WC... Sending hugs and healthy thoughts...

McDuck
04-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Danielle you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Safe journey there and back for you all. let us know if we cna help you out in any way. huggles, Mary

LLane
04-24-2004, 02:10 PM
All the best Danielle...... we'll be thinking of you and your family.

Peace,
Lois

beclectic
04-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Safe trip Danielle and I'm glad your husband will be there with you. I'm thinking positive thoughts about your father. We'll miss your beautiful work, your enthusium and your teasing. I'll be looking forward to your return to this forum. :)

DonnaBee
04-24-2004, 02:32 PM
I am so glad you are going to go be with him.

We will look forward to updates from you, but only when you are truly able.

No one can fill your shoes, Danielle! I will of course miss you terribly, but of course I do fully understand, especially since I did go through something similar with my dad.

I know your dad must be a special man. Because his daughter is you! :)

(((Hug))) Wishing you and your family well as you travel.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-24-2004, 02:43 PM
/sniffle....Donna, everyone...your warm thoughts made me all misty!!!

Thank you so much for all your positive energy. It's truly a blessing to have found such a kind and compassionate group of artisans that I am grateful to call my friends.

Cheers to you all! :clap: :clap: :clap:

~D.

lisilk
04-24-2004, 02:47 PM
We'll keep your dad in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

Li

Shirley C.
04-24-2004, 03:03 PM
oh danielle, what a trying time for you. know that you're in my thoughts, and i'm sending healing thoughts to your dad. you'll be missed out here, and we look forward to your safe return. in the mean time, take good care of yourself - and your dad.

hugs to you!

SuzyQ
04-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Danielle, my prayers are with you and your family. We'll all be here when you return.

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh Danielle, you and your dad have been on my mind today but I couldn't get on the computer until now. I'm so sorry you're all going through a difficult time. I'm glad you'll be together to support each other. I'm sending good and healing thoughts for your dad, and for you and your family to have a safe trip. We'll be here whenever you can check in.

Big (((HUGS)))

Paula

debkauz
04-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Danielle, all my thoughts and prayers for you and your dad. I hope that things go well for you both. We will miss you and look forward to when you are able to post. Try to let us know how things are going if you have time.

debbie

mistymade
04-24-2004, 06:41 PM
(((Hugs Danielle))) Your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers, and so will you and your family. This forum will not be the same without you and there is no way we will forget you!

toozygoot
04-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Danielle - I've been away from WC! awhile and this was the first thread I read. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I will be hoping for the best of outcomes and you and your family will be in my thoughts. Hugs to you sweetie.

pat

Barrie
04-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Oh Danielle, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Of course you have to be there now, and we will certainly miss you!! Don't you dare forget about us!! In the meantime, stay strong, remember to lean on your dh (that's what they're best for in tough times), and pray for the best. Sending postive thoughts, and anything else you need.

And don't worry, your spot will be reserved for when you return!! ((((HUGS))))

TheBlueBetween
04-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Oh Danielle - I'm sorry to hear about your dad :( Hope everything goes well in the next month. We will miss you and don't worry, we won't forget you - how could we?

{{{Hugs}}}

Pam

GardensOnGlass
05-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Danielle, I just saw this post. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending warm thoughts your way. (((Hugs)))