PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Show Offs!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Here's the pics I'm posting for Lori!

First one is her Adriana Watch and the second is a Butterfly House Pin...she'll have to comment on the particulars. :)

~D.

Beads-Me!
04-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Too fun! I've never thought about attaching with toggles... How does it feel on? Here's anotherspiny knotted bracelet I finished this week - fruit salad! My buddy Paula picked up a bunch of fruit beads and sent them to me and this is what happened....

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Too fun! I've never thought about attaching with toggles... How does it feel on? Here's anotherspiny knotted bracelet I finished this week - fruit salad! My buddy Paula picked up a bunch of fruit beads and sent them to me and this is what happened....

Nancy, everytime I see those "Stephanie" bracelets I just want to get on a plane and go where she's teaching. I have been dying to make one of those! That one just screams summer and fun. :D

Paula (not she of the fruit beads, but definitely a fruitcake! :p )

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-24-2004, 11:22 AM
...Paula (not she of the fruit beads, but definitely a fruitcake! :p )

MOre like a she-devil in disguise! She's leading me down the path to wickedness...sending me links to cool glass tags and inks and papers...evil woman...evil, evil, evil!

/winks at Paula

~D.

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:52 AM
MOre like a she-devil in disguise! She's leading me down the path to wickedness...sending me links to cool glass tags and inks and papers...evil woman...evil, evil, evil!

/winks at Paula

~D.

Hmmm, I don't believe I've ever been called a she-devil before -- I think I like it! buhwaaahaaaahaaaaahaaaaa! :evil:

Paula

Gingerbiscuit
04-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Nancy, I love your fruit bracelet. Very summery and cheerful. Why is it called a Stephanie bracelet? :)

lissadivamama
04-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Here are a couple of new ones for me today, which are off to a show along with my Deep Blue Sea project necklace/earrings (the bracelet hasn't made anymore progress, so it will probably stay with me for a while :evil: ).

The 1st one is a bangle bracelet...I've made my own out of 12-14 g wire before, but had a few of these and tried to come up with something fun and different...1 down, 3 to go!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/4_04/silcopbang.jpg

Next is a 3-strand fw pearl, peridot, apatite and liquid silver bracelet.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/4_04/pearlperiapbr.jpg

Last but not least, a Peace chaplet created for my monthly Rosary Artisan's submittal - it's Czech glass, fw pearls and sterling.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/4_04/peace2.jpg

Oops, I also attached an Anglican Rosary I also submitted - Fancy Jasper, Rock Crystal, and sterling.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/4_04/fjrosary2.jpg

Lynne Smith
04-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on this forum which is fast becoming one of my favourite along with the bead forum of course.
Great work everyone. Lissadivamamma, I love your 3 strand bracelet. I have never worked with liquid silver before. Do you thread it on softflex?
Below is a handbag that I made for my son's wedding. The two fabric swatches on the side are the colour of the outfit. Green suit with red blouse underneath. Red bag and shoes and the necklace is made using reduction beads made by me with commercial red beadspacers.
Lynne S

Gingerbiscuit
04-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on this forum which is fast becoming one of my favourite along with the bead forum of course.
Lynne S

Welcome to this forum Lynne. :clap:

I haven't been here long myself, but I must say that this is a fantastic group!!! I love it here, and am only sorry I didn't find WC sooner. :)

I'm sure you looked stunning at the wedding!

Your namesake :D

Beads-Me!
04-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi Lynne! Welcome to Wearable Arts - there's an awfully nice bunch of people hanging out here.. I call them Stephanie bracelets because Stephanie Sersich developed this particular design and teaches how to do it around the country. I took her class in February and have been making them ever since!

beclectic
04-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone,
Great work everyone. Lissadivamamma, I love your 3 strand bracelet. I have never worked with liquid silver before. Do you thread it on softflex?
Below is a handbag that I made for my son's wedding. The two fabric swatches on the side are the colour of the outfit. Green suit with red blouse underneath. Red bag and shoes and the necklace is made using reduction beads made by me with commercial red beadspacers.
Lynne S

That necklace is georgeous and the purse is really pretty. I bet you had the second prettiest outfit at the wedding. The bride is always the prettiest.

Welcome to our group.

debkauz
04-24-2004, 06:04 PM
As usual, great things! I love being able to see everyone else's work. It's very inspiring. AND GUESS WHAT! I actually broke work and bought a digital camera today. I got a Nikon Coolpix 4300. So once I figure it all out, I will actually be able to share pics, too.! I can't wait! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Debbie

DonnaBee
04-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Lori, nice watch and Butterfly House pin. They are very, very yummy and scrumptious!

ooooo Nancy great work from you as usual. It looks like it's on waxed linen? Gosh, but I love that stuff..

Melissa! That bangle! *thud* It's the perfect mixture of copper and silver, to me. I love it, love it, love it!!!!

Wow Lynne, welcome to this Wearables forum. You are very talented in different media, I hope you post here lots!

Oh Debbie, that's a good camera... you are really going to like it. :D (Love your sig line, BTW)

Backyard Beads
04-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Here is my newest. Cruise worthy for sure!

DonnaBee
04-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi Manon! Mouthwatering! lol!

DonnaBee
04-24-2004, 09:25 PM
I meant the colors! They pop! Like citrus!

McDuck
04-24-2004, 11:51 PM
GReat show and tell everyone! Manon, i love that bracelet! -Mary

Gingerbiscuit
04-25-2004, 04:53 AM
I call them Stephanie bracelets because Stephanie Sersich developed this particular design and teaches how to do it around the country. I took her class in February and have been making them ever since!

Thanks! I just did a search on Stephanie. Wow, some wonderful things to look at! Wish I could take a class with her. You are all so lucky on your side of the pond to have such a wealth of great shows and brilliant classes! Maybe one day ....

beclectic
04-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks! I just did a search on Stephanie. Wow, some wonderful things to look at! Wish I could take a class with her. You are all so lucky on your side of the pond to have such a wealth of great shows and brilliant classes! Maybe one day ....

Maybe you should give a show in your area, start giving classes. I know that one of the reasons beads are so big here in Louisville is that Bonnie Blincoe teachs lampwork and a lot of her students have pursued the muse once they got bitten by the lampwork bug. Things have just taken off here for glass. There is a big glass blowing and working venture here called Glassworks, they promote glass in a big way and have a great gallery, tour and classes. I even talked to a guy from New York, a stained glass artist, who moved here because he said this is the place for glass. Now that's what I want to hear about my city.

limamike
04-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Here's one of my latest that I just love! (I hope I figured out how to add the attachment....)

McDuck
04-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Oh Lori that is really pretty! I like it alot! -Mary