PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning chit chat

Gingerbiscuit
04-24-2004, 05:22 AM
Goodmorning everyone!

Another glorious day, and weekend to boot! We are working on my "studio" (aka cellar!) today. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm up and running with my torch and kiln.

I hope you all have a happy and productive day. :)

beclectic
04-24-2004, 07:49 AM
Goodmorning everyone!

Another glorious day, and weekend to boot! We are working on my "studio" (aka cellar!) today. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm up and running with my torch and kiln.

I hope you all have a happy and productive day. :)

I am doing the same thing, converting part of the basement into a studio. :) We have the desk unit built and partly finished. We still need to mount the torches, run the hoses, rerun the wiring so the kiln won't blow all the lighting in the house (I don't know who wired the basement but they must have been insane, the lights brown down on a slow beat even when nothing significant is on), install the lighting, buy and install the storage, buy and install the ventilation. I know there is more to do but I can't think of it at the moment. We are not working on it today though. :(

It looks like it will be a nice sunny day today so I'll probably tackle my already going wild garden. I've got old fashioned hollyhocks, which I love but they will take over the garden if you don't get rid of the extras that decide to grow in the roses, the herbs and smother out the more delicate perinnials. :D

I'm still working on the bracelet and there is a bead show tomorrow so it looks like it is shaping up into a good weekend.

Have a fun day!

GardensOnGlass
04-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Morning everyone! My daughter and I are off to Boston for the Bead Extravaganza! I'm volunteering for part of the day & I'm sure I'll find some beautiful beadies that need a new home! It's cloudy, damp & chilly here but the sun appears to be trying to break through. Gotta check the Boston weather before we head out.

Have a great day all who follow!

mistymade
04-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Good morning Lynne, Barbara, Lori, and everyone who follows!

I have to sit in my computer class all day (woohoo~said in the flatest voice possible) I'm sure I will doze off as soon as the teacher turns off the lights. Zzzzzz, I'm so sleepy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Beads-Me!
04-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Good morning my friends! I got to sleep in this morning for the first time in about a month - boy did that feel good! Now I'm off to get some more ribbon - I need a few more colors (yeah - right :rolleyes: ) so I can make a few more bracelets today. We're also getting our sailboat cleaned up and ready for the season. I do love spring and all the possibilities of the seasons ahead..

Have fun setting up your studios! How exciting! I still need to finish up my studio formerly know as our pool house.... Someday! And Misty - good luck staying awake - how not fun....

Alrighty then - it's off to shop for ribbon and buttons! Have a wonderful Saturday all!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-24-2004, 09:45 AM
/yawn, stertch

Must....get.....OJ......

Mornin' all y'all! WC took a hard dive for me last night, so I finally just gave up and watched Iron Chef all night long. LOL. That's always fun to see.

Lori, I haven't forgotten your images...they'll start the show and tell for today! Can't wait to see what's in them!

Not too much on my list of things to do today..maybe a little housework, and since it's sunny, I'm going to spend some time with Ian outdoors, take him for a wagon ride and go to the park for a bit. He LOVES to be outside.

Barbara, I'd love to see a pic of those Hollyhocks...that's the name of my hubby's Coast Guard ship. We commission her into service this upcoming Friday.

Anyhoo, I better go wake up the little ankle hugger and get breakfast going!

Have a great day everyone! :)

~D.

McDuck
04-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Good Morning, Ladies! Isn't it fun to set up the sutdio? Mine still needs a touch here and there to be finished. Barbara, go ahead and send me your "extra" pesky holleyhocks, I always wanted some! Misty, watch out for the head bob, teachers tend to dislike it. lol heya nancy, remember to buy lots of ribbon cuz you might decide you need another color and hate to have to run all the way back to the store, you know, better safe than sorry. Danielle, isnt it like 645am there?? why not let the lil ankle hugger sleep in a little? enjoy the silence of the day.

As for me, i am waiting on the landscaper, going to see what price he is going to charge me for removing 3 bushes some stones and moving around some dirt. Luckily it shouldnt be a cash deal as I belong to the Illinois Trade Association and we barter. woohoo! Going to check the kiln this morning. Only half full because I had my lapidary club meeting last night, then this weekend there is a bench jewelers show in Arlington Heights.

have a sunny and wonderful day!
Mary

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-24-2004, 09:56 AM
6:45?!?!

Woman, where in the world do you think I live??

LOL..I'm right next door in Detroit, you silly duck.

It's almost 10AM.

/bonks you

~D. ;)

McDuck
04-24-2004, 10:02 AM
*ouch* oh I forgot, LOL was thinking of Pam, hehehehehe. Chalk it up to be sleepy. :p i sorry, Mary

TheBlueBetween
04-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Good Morning :) And here you are talking about me already ;) It's 7:43 so I did get to sleep in a little, though that alarm went off again. Need to break it or something - someone is having too much fun with it.

Hey I meant to tell you all yesterday that JoAnn Fabrics is having a HUGE SALE today (and yesterday) 50% off fabric and 40% off most everything else in the store. So if you need goodies, go fight the lines!!!

I don't know what today will bring. Hope a little torch time and a little yard work time... hubby wants to go for a family bike ride, but I'm afraid that will blow my daily energy budget and I'll be worthless for the rest of the day. We will see...

Oh and I got a new (to me) magazine yesterday - Belle Amore or something - it's upstairs, but I know you all must know it - it's got all kinds of wearable art and fiber and beads and felt and everything beautiful - and I'm the one that's been in the dark. Anyway - O.M.G. I LOVE IT!!!! It has MY kind of jewelry in it!!! I'm going to have to go buy all the back issues I can find!

Ok, off to find some OJ or a smoothie or something... have a great Saturday everyone :)

Pam

beclectic
04-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Barbara, go ahead and send me your "extra" pesky holleyhocks, I always wanted some! Mary

Those pesky hollyhocks are already 2 ft. tall with a root down to China. I'm going to have to chop them out and there will be no saving them. Just go to the nursery and buy one little seedling of the kind that grow to 6' tall. Next year you'll have more than you know what to do with. I keep moving the tiny ones to places they can be left alone but they are even growing in the lawn. They remind me of mint which they kill off once they get big. Just shade that other pest, mint, right out. It is almost 11 a.m. here, not much morning left. The Derby celebration Marathon is going by in front of my house as we speak. Only the stragglers are left. The road will be open in a few minutes. One more weekend of not being able to use our roads and then Derby is over for another year. Next weekend is the only weekend I don't like my house and location. Oh well, that is probably why the house was so reasonablly (cheaply) priced. It's worth it to have a big 2 story with a basement and huge rooms. One weekend a year is not to high a price to pay for comfort the rest of the time.

TTFN

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Mornin' everyone. You with your gardens and sailboats are making me wistful this morning (yes, it is still morning here in Phoenix!). We've been here over 12 years, and I have yet to hire someone to jackhammer some areas in the yard so I can replace the concrete-like caliche with something that actually resembles soil. We keep threatening to actually move to a house we like, so I never do anything about the garden issue. I so miss gardening! And water. The lakes! Oh no! I think I actually miss Michigan! :crying: In about three weeks, assuming they're still there, the rhodies in our old back yard in Royal Oak will be glorious. Huge blooms you'd need two hands to hold in the most amazing fuchsia/lavender color that positively glowed. SIGH. I think I need to go buy a plant or something. Maybe a trip over to San Diego. lol Have a loverly day, everyone! :)

Paula

Barrie
04-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone!! It's only 8 am here, just dragged my bead butt out of bed, finally slept in for once! Woohoo!! But now, I have to quickly shower, take the dh, son and his g/f to the hardware store to pick up paint for son's room, a couple of extra rollers, and some sandpaper. Then we'll dash back here, I'll pack up my tool box, and head into town (45 minute drive) to teach a silversmithing workshop. Today is day 1, tomorrow, day 2 - thankfully it's only a two-day workshop, but I sure won't get much time to play, or work,or anything!!! Fortunately my stufents are always the best, so I am looking forward to convrting some newbies to the addiction (I feel like the local pusher :evil: )

Enjoy the sunny skies, the fabric store sales, the bead shows and all the rest of your fun Saturday activities!! I'm off and running (well, maybe off and staggering - need a new bed, achy this am!)

debkauz
04-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Morning all,
Well, I think that I have the sleep in record for the day so far. Only got up now cause the cats were banging on the bedroom door with their bowls! LOL I have had 2 terrible days at work and would like to spend the whole day doing absolutely NOTHING! I think I am going to go and find a tumbler, though, if I can get one at a store.
Wish I had those hollyhocks, too. I have phlox that have taken over everything. I need to dig up about a ton of them. I don't even want them in the compost pile!
Have a great collective day doing whatever you want to be doing!

Deb

River's Song Art Jewelry
04-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi all,

I'm so glad it's Sat. :clap: :clap:

I'm in California-so it's only about 9:30 in the morning here.

My dear husband just left with some of our pieces--(yes, he makes jewelry too). He's off to a street sale in our little town. We have some pieces in an upscale gallery here and they're having an "Inside, Out Sale" today and tmrw.

I'll be at home making jewelry--so he has a couple new pieces to sell tmrw.

It's heaven to be alone--I spend the week with 14-year-olds--they are a joy, but they do suck the bone marrow right out of me!! (I'm a teacher.)
It is completely silent here this morning--no radio, nothing, just silence--Oh, what bliss!!!

Have a good day everyone!! I've loved looking at the pieces you've been creating this week. I can't wait for summer when I will have more time!!

flynfire
04-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey! I made it in time for a morning hello...that is, if I type fast enough. (I don't do mornings)
Yesterday about 1000 artists from the big city swooped in on Marfa (pop. 2400) town for a new gallery opening. Talk about wearable art! Some of the outfits were pretty, shall I say...stunningly creative. I thought of you all as I sat sipping wine and eating little wasabi coated peas.