PDA

View Full Version : Alone

colorme
09-07-2001, 10:21 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2001/44.jpg
Alone
9x12
Watercolor and WCpencils.

I posted this in the watercolor a couple of weeks ago..I decided to post it here because the tv screen has an abstractish wannabe look..lol

Jan-Michael
09-07-2001, 10:31 PM
yep...the tv sure does... :) and she has a contemporary face...:) I like her look....

colorme
09-07-2001, 10:35 PM
thanks, :cool:Jan-Michael

sassybird
09-08-2001, 04:08 AM
I like the mix of contemporary and abstract. I've noticed that you tend to change styles and mediums to suit your mood and subject matter. I do the same thing. People have been after me for years to put together a body of work in the same style and medium. Why, I ask them? It isn't me.

bug
09-08-2001, 05:23 AM
I enjoy seeing works like this, I like that comic feeling they have.:clap:

colorme
09-08-2001, 01:53 PM
sassy- thanks, right now I am trying everything out I don't want to just stay with one medium, there's all these great variety of mediums out there that I just have to explore..right now I mostly do mixed-media.

bug- thank you

LeeK
09-09-2001, 07:55 AM
Good composition and forms.

LeeK
09-09-2001, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by sassybird
I've noticed that you tend to change styles and mediums to suit your mood and subject matter. I do the same thing. People have been after me for years to put together a body of work in the same style and medium. Why, I ask them? It isn't me.

I think people are uncomfortable when they don't know what to expect. Artists themselves can be uncomfortable with work whose results are not predictable. It takes a certain kind of brave spirit to ride the waves and see what comes.

jheinrich
09-09-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by LeeK

I think people are uncomfortable when they don't know what to expect. Artists themselves can be uncomfortable with work whose results are not predictable. It takes a certain kind of brave spirit to ride the waves and see what comes.

interesting point. I think you've hit it.

j*

AmyH
09-12-2001, 08:51 PM
hi colorme :D

trying different things is key imo. ultimately, I think most (not all) artists do enjoy the challenge of creating a body that hangs together as a unit, and almost tells a story of the artists sublte leaps from piece to piece, however, in order to be able to paint exactly what you want, jumping around, doing different things, learning about how these different things work, and how you make them work, is very good. you will see a common thread as you get older (yep I am talking 15 twenty years, this is a long term deal for most of us ;) ), of work that has similar themes or looks or methods that hold it together as a whole. some may even be done years apart. keep at it.

amy

colorme
09-12-2001, 09:06 PM
thanks for the advice:)