PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Weather

flowerfancy58
04-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I did this one in Painter8, and used the fine camel brushes, and then the palette knife most for his clothes. The background was air brushed:)

gloria:)

justjean
04-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Beautiful work Gloria, the umbrellas transperency is wonderful

Jet
04-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Excellent fresh-mood painting.

a nit pick......I'd like some sharper details here and there.
(just a minor thing , as we can use the sharpening tool and go around the crucial spots.)

Well done
Regards

@mD
04-24-2004, 02:11 PM
I like the light and the colors,the two red colors are nice together and the sky is also very nice,and dramatic. Actually it is very attractive in my eyes.I think every thing in the picture is very nice absolutely in my taste. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GoldCoin
04-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Gloria...
Very clever and well done, a male version of Mary Poppin's? :clap: :)

flowerfancy58
04-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Thank you for the kind comments:) They are ALWAYS appreciated!

I suppose this have some possitive life message involved in this one.

Jet, i don't see where you could be talking about as far as sharpening the details?

Chiers
04-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Nice job Gloria.

Jet
04-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Jet, i don't see where you could be talking about as far as sharpening the details?

OK, i'll risk my sore neck here.(it has been squeezed too much these last days)
At first sight everything has a certain degree of blur, even the umbrella spokes, so it gives me the sensation of a blurry picture.
Now if we go over the opicture and place some sharp highlights on the spokes the shoes, face and hands , then it will be more lively.
i was going to do it but it probably won't help , because i want to give the notion without being too specific on exactly where and at what intensity.
It's something i feel this picture needs, but maybe it's just something that is not supposed to be that way, at the same time it jumps at me and just doesn't click....oh, well.

...never mind....
....i'll go ahead and try it --Don't worry i'm not posting it.

Regards

JulieBoyles
04-24-2004, 11:09 PM
This is great Gloria! :clap: Your background is very lifelike and I love the way you made the ground look wet! The combination of airbrush and palette knife really works well here!

Great Job!

Julie

flowerfancy58
04-24-2004, 11:19 PM
If it works out, go ahead and post it Jet:)

gloria

JCoop
04-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Gloria, why is is that everything you post has so much character. Do you ever paint anything boring? You have a huge talent for subject matter! I like this alot! One little thing... the hilite on the ground near the shoe is somewhat distracting.

flowerfancy58
04-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Lol, thank you Joel.....we must have a mutual admration society thing going on, because that's what I think about your subjects too:)

That "highlight" you are referring to is........ A PAINT SPILL, rofl!! (I can't beleive I didn't spot that before I posted, It's fixed now though. I always have to resize a version to post here. I noticed that wasn't in my original version of it though. Thank you for pointing it out to me:)

gloria

digistyle
04-25-2004, 05:18 PM
I like the feeling of motion that the figure has. The weather can't dampen his spirits!

digistyle