PDA

View Full Version : sorrow cry

colorme
09-07-2001, 06:51 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2001/indian.jpg

okay here's something new :) for the contemporary part of this forum...this is not only the abstract forum, okay this is was done in feb. i think, we were studying printmaking in my art class, and i used a meat tray..it was something different for me and i enjoyed it.

Jan-Michael
09-07-2001, 07:42 PM
I like this... :) and find it somewhat abstract.... hell anything that isn't realism is somewhat abstract...LOL

colorme
09-07-2001, 10:10 PM

sassybird
09-08-2001, 04:03 AM
I like this alot. As a fine art printmaker I love hearing about new processes, and am always experimenting on my own. I miss having other printmakers around to bounce ideas off of. I have two more classes in printmaking to obtain my degree. I got hooked my first semester, and changed my major immediately.

Will you tell me a bit about your experiences in that class, what you liked and didn't like etc.....

This piece has a very tribal look about it, raw and powerful.

colorme
09-08-2001, 01:43 PM
hi sassy:), well I took about 3 weeks of printmaking, I had never heard of it, it was my first time and I learned a lot, we first used a normal meat tray and we cut it to whatever size we wanted, then we drew the design and used a ballpoint pen to press in the design, it was all very easy to do, I printed only three of those in different colored papers..after that we started to go into lino-cut, we were supposed to make up an aboriginal 'dream story' i don't know if you've heard of this..it's actually very cool and I will post that print in the alternative forum so you can see it. I found lino-cut was very fun and there was many steps to it..I drew a bear and made up a dream story about it. I printed about 4 or 5 of those. Our last printmaking project was a collograph [sp?] we were to do whatever we wanted as a design, I did a guy with snake looking hair, i posted that a while back. I think i had fun printmaking but i wished we could have done more..