PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Friday Show Me & Tell Me!!

McDuck
04-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Morning folks! I cant stop! someone call the ceramic bead police!

Anyway, this is what popped outa the kiln this morning. Flower is already spoken for! More Blue Heart of the Garden, some earrings or dangle beads too.

Barrie, there are some more disks, with and without holes, that huge honkin one I thougth you could do alot with, or use it on the fishin pole as a sinker :p

Retta Gates, those three, three holed beads are ones I thought you might enjoy using too. Please let me know if you are interested.

Good Day all and Show me your stuff!
Mary

Shirley C.
04-23-2004, 11:06 AM
gosh, mary, you're just going to town here... i love what you're doing! those flowers are wonderful!

nothing to show yet today - if i had taken a picture of what came out of my kiln yesterday morning, i MIGHT have shown it. it was my contribution to a "group" entry for the silly bead contest at the annual isgb gathering, and it was the ugliest-looking banana slug i've seen in awhile. just perfect! :D but i gave it to the person who's coordinating that project, so no picture.

actually, i put my efforts last night into my garden exchange bracelet, so that's what i have to "show".

Garden Bracelet Progress... (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36017)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm NOT clicking that link Shirley, you can't make me...

I won't, I won't....I'm not doin' it..no way...nope, un-uh...surely not..

I AIN'T clickin' that link!
<crickets>
.GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh the pressure.

I clicked it.

/sigh

No self control.

WAHHHHH!!!! I can't make one!!!!!

/cries

~D.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Ok, so I had to save myself from drowning in the Garden Exchange, so I leapt up and grabbed my Shrinky Dinks to play with...remember those?

Anyway, I was just messing around with them, and here's my goofy lookin'...err...something or other. ;)

~D.

somk
04-23-2004, 12:17 PM
D> I love this funky tag.. Must be fun to play around that medium indeed..

Shirley> gah.. much <3 !

Mary> your work is awesome.. those octagons are the fantabulous and I love those ceramic white/blue-green floral beads.. SO cute ! *off to your website*

~So

Barrie
04-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Good morning, I'm sneaking in real quick - I'm off to my sterling chain wholesaler this morning - must practice self-control! :evil: Mary, LOVE the hole-less disks! Gorgeous!! And that funky multi-hole thing - Yes!!! Colored gems or pearls in every hole! Bwaahaaahaaa!!!! Or maybe some cool silver bits - hmmmmmmm............... Putting on the thinking cap! You better get those out the door to me pdq, so I have time to make tons of stuff for you!! Can you get me your ring size? I have to (yes, HAVE to) take one of the plain beads from yesterday's show (you know the two blues and purple one) and make a ring out of one of it. I have a pretty cool idea - plain, but cool. And I figured if I just make it to fit you, you can have it to wear, and people will ooh and aaahh over how clever we are! :) Then you don't have to worry about selling it!
Okay, this ain't getting me out the door!! Shirley, your bracelet is coming along fabulously!! Can't wait to see the finished project!!
Danielle, that .....'thing' is gorgeous! It would make a cool pin! Shrinky dinks, go figure! :)

Okay, you busy little bees, I'm off and shopping!! I'll take a pic when I get home, and show you what I buy! LOL! I know, woopee, chains, who cares! LOL! Sorry! I'm having a life, and you guys are in it - so there!! LOL!! Have a great day!

beclectic
04-23-2004, 12:40 PM
<snip>
/sigh

No self control.

WAHHHHH!!!! I can't make one!!!!!

/cries

~D.

Funny post but if you are really feeling sad about not making a garden bracelet you shouldn't be. You make so many beautiful, original things. Like you tag art piece which is very fun to look at. The garden bracelet is just not the way your inspiration is pulling you right now.

Beads-Me!
04-23-2004, 01:13 PM
I can't wait to see those beads of yours in person someday Duckie! You're cranking out all kinds of beads! Danielle - when you come to the cabin I'll show you something similar to the garden bracelets which might be up your alley. Those shrinky dinks rock! Shirley - it's really hard to tell how colors will turn out sometimes until your finished - I think those will look fine. Barrie - silver.... sigh... please do show us what you get!

All right - I already know what I need to do different next time (this one is way to choker-ish... Duh - measure? What's that?! :rolleyes: ) - but here.. for the very first time are my ribbon/fiber necklace...err...choker and bracelet ensemble.... Now how can I add ribbon to earrings... hmmmm....

beadyeyedgirls
04-23-2004, 02:00 PM
ok, trying the pic thing here for the first time...lesseee if this works! these are my first pmc pieces, which have since been made into earrings. fired last weekend.

ok, didn't work. i can't seem to make it smaller in iphoto & make it STAY smaller. poop. nevermind!

beadyeyedgirls
04-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Anyway, I was just messing around with them, and here's my goofy lookin'...err...something or other. ;)

kewl! whatcha gonna do w/that?

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Jessica~

Not really sure WHAT to do with that tag thing... LOL. It was just a practice piece...the one I have drying atm is much better.

As for help with Photoshop, I'm a pro, so let me know if you need help. I can walk you through reducing and saving for the web in any size.

~D.

beadyeyedgirls
04-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Jessica~

Not really sure WHAT to do with that tag thing... LOL. It was just a practice piece...the one I have drying atm is much better.

As for help with Photoshop, I'm a pro, so let me know if you need help. I can walk you through reducing and saving for the web in any size.

~D.

pendant?

& the photo is in iphoto...i'm on an imac. i actually have photoshop installed on this computer somewhere...but am totally inept at all this photo schtuff. i can figure out how to upload to yahoogroups & to email them...& that's about it, lol! would it help if i email it to you? macmail gives me a straight out option to pick the size for mailing...can send it small. & thanks!

McDuck
04-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Shirley, I bet it will look grand when you are finished!

Danielle, I like that taggy thingy you made alot!

Nancy, umm I like the bracelet! The choker might look like a clown fringe when worn :rolleyes: *inserts foot into mouth* sorry my honest opinion.

Other than that, you all are FAB!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 02:47 PM
pendant?

& the photo is in iphoto...i'm on an imac. i actually have photoshop installed on this computer somewhere...but am totally inept at all this photo schtuff. i can figure out how to upload to yahoogroups & to email them...& that's about it, lol! would it help if i email it to you? macmail gives me a straight out option to pick the size for mailing...can send it small. & thanks!

Jess, send your image to [email protected]

It can be any size. I can handle just about any file size. ;)

~D.

lisilk
04-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Mary....you are cracking me up. I'm imagining this 5 ' pile of disc's and beads in your room with just a head sticking out at the top. They are cool though !

Danielle. That's really pretty. I love the colors and tactile nature of it.

Nancy That's wild ! It's very girlie and feminine. I love the mix of materials.

I won't have anything to show for a few days as I started another epic scarf. This one is themed- 4 seasons/ 4 elements. ( ?? :rolleyes: ?? )

Cheers,

Li

somk
04-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Li> wow.. I so want to see that !.. A set of 8 scarves would be cool too. ĀOne for each season and each elements.. yummm...

Not a big day for me but nonetheless, united colours of griffins :p (from left to right, up to down : Aventurine, Mother of pearl, Amethyst, Rainbow Moonstone, Blue topaz)

~So

lisilk
04-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Li> wow.. I so want to see that !.. A set of 8 scarves would be cool too. ĀOne for each season and each elements.. yummm...

Not a big day for me but nonetheless, united colours of griffins :p (from left to right, up to down : Aventurine, Mother of pearl, Amethyst, Rainbow Moonstone, Blue topaz)

~So

Somk

Those griffins are fantastic. Had you ever done any type of scuplture ? You seem to have an eye for design and 3-D look.

Actually I'm doing one scarf with those 8 elements. ( Yikes ) I have done series of scarves in the past though. I started a WIP so you can watch it progress.

Cheers,

Li

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Ok, fixed and posted for Jessica of BeadyEyedGirls!

Gorgeous Jess! I love them!

~D.

beadyeyedgirls
04-23-2004, 04:46 PM
yay! thanks very much, danielle!! :clap:

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Ok, here's some Shrinky Dink flowers I made...they need to be refined a bit, and then varnished so they're shiny (I know all you magpies like shiny stuff../wink wink) but I think they're kinda' cute. Once varnished and paired with some fiber, wire and beads, they'd be sweet, I bet.

Anyhoo...

~D..

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 07:00 PM
And here's another piece of tag art I'm thinking of weaving into a necklace design...

~D..

beclectic
04-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Ok, here's some Shrinky Dink flowers I made...they need to be refined a bit, and then varnished so they're shiny (I know all you magpies like shiny stuff../wink wink) but I think they're kinda' cute. Once varnished and paired with some fiber, wire and beads, they'd be sweet, I bet.

Anyhoo...

~D..

I like them both very much. I think you've got a Lush Garden started here. Hint, hint.

McDuck
04-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Somk - oooh i really like the griffin. lovely work, its this brass too. hmm were the others brass or something else?? :rolleyes:

Jessica - very kewl puzzle pieces. sterling did you say?

Danielle - love the flower beadies! way kewl!

-mary

GardensOnGlass
04-23-2004, 07:56 PM
OK, I'm going to try this uploader thing. This morning Nancy (Beads-Me!) was gracious enough to post pictures of her interchangable watches & I said I'd show mine. The beads are by the very talented AdrianaS, the picture blurred a bit when I resized it. Also attached is one of the stained glass pins that I paint.

OK, the uploader doesn't like me. I've resized the pictures, my computer tells me they're the right size but the uploader is showing them to be larger. I liked the old uploader better.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Lori~

If you want to email me the pic files, I'll post them for you if you like.

I'm a Photoshop pro resizing and adjusting sharpness...;)

~D.

GardensOnGlass
04-23-2004, 08:41 PM
You're a peach!

beclectic
04-23-2004, 08:47 PM
OK, I'm going to try this uploader thing. This morning Nancy (Beads-Me!) was gracious enough to post pictures of her interchangable watches & I said I'd show mine. The beads are by the very talented AdrianaS, the picture blurred a bit when I resized it. Also attached is one of the stained glass pins that I paint.

OK, the uploader doesn't like me. I've resized the pictures, my computer tells me they're the right size but the uploader is showing them to be larger. I liked the old uploader better.

This uploader is finicky. It says that a picture can't be bigger than 500 x 600 so if a picture is say 600 x 450 then it says it is too big, stupid thing can't compare the small number to the smaller of the allowed numbers it compares it to the first number. In the projects it says a picture can't be bigger than 200KB but if you try to upload a picture that is 198KB it will accept it and then display a red X.

I've had the same problem with some blurring when a picture is shrunk, just sharpen it again and it usually fixeds the problem.

beadyeyedgirls
04-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Jessica - very kewl puzzle pieces. sterling did you say?

hi mary,
they're made from pmc, so actually they are .999 (fine silver). sterling is .975 silver & the rest copper. i tumbled them very briefly to keep a soft finish...may yet do more, lol!

danielle...more cool stuff!

Gingerbiscuit
04-24-2004, 04:52 AM
Mary, great goodies from your kiln today.
Shirley, I bet your slug was very handsome!
Danielle, your shrinkies are great. Love the tags. I think shrink plastic is magic stuff!
Barrie, I hope your wholesaler didn’t break the bank. LOL!
Nancy, I love the colours of your set.
Li, I am so looking forward to seeing your scarf in progress.

And this is where WC went down for me !! OK, off to bed, and hopefully WC will be back in the morning.

So, your work is exquisite. Fabulous!
Jessica, I love your puzzle pieces.

Fabulous show and tell!!! :clap: