PDA

View Full Version : Mark and Sean

Kitty Wallis
04-23-2004, 03:21 AM
Silver Falls park in Oregon
The piece is 50"x36"

Adiro
04-23-2004, 04:37 AM
It's beautiful, Kitty, I love the colors of the fall! The two little figures really change everything about this landscape, it's not about the road anymore, it's about who's walking on it, and where are they going...
I love it!

Kathryn Wilson
04-23-2004, 07:19 AM
Kitty, I am in awe of the size of this piece - wow! You certainly have used some wonderful colors here and I like how you delicately covered the path in the foreground with leaves so that it makes the path look curvier than it really is.

Superb!

gr8pets
04-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Wow, 50" x 36"!!! This is so lovely. I'm wondering how long it took you, and how many sticks you went through on this large piece!

I bet it's amazing to look at in real life.

Christi

billiam
04-23-2004, 08:30 AM
a wonderful place to take a walk. untouched nature can be so beautiful and calm. a great piece of artwork. bill

Khadres
04-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Just another of your "tiny" sketches, eh? :D

This is lovely, though I'll admit, with the description saying the location was Oregon, I was expecting a lot more GREEN.

I'm amazed at the way you can keep the almost sketchy feeling on something so large! One would think that something that big would snare you into all sorts of picky details, but you manage to keep the painterly look with just what is required to carry the focus. Fantastic!

Alachua Artist
04-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Great format size! I like to work large (I used to paint billboards as a master craftsman signpainter). This subject matter lends itself to the large format. You have maintained a wonderful feel and movement in the painting. Working large can be overwhelming... very well done!
:clap:

Pinecone Conniff
04-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Your work is incredible, Kitty! You command this medium!... :clap:
With a piece this large--did you post this from a slide or a digital photo? I am having posting issues so I thought I should ask you how you are able to show your beautiful art so beautifully!
Annette

K Taylor-Green
04-23-2004, 12:28 PM
My imagination doesn't stretch to working that large, specally on paper, ANY kind of paper!! But it is truely beautiful, and reminds me of a lot of walks that I have taken. :music: Kate

k9artisan
04-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Truly a beautiful painting from a very talented artist. Thank you for sharing this with us Kitty!
~am :clap: :clap: :clap:

SweetBabyJ
04-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Beautiful- cool, crisp air, sharp gusts of wind, and colours singing everywhere. Great piece, Kitty.

eileenclaire
04-23-2004, 01:08 PM
You take landscapes to a whole new dimension! Beautiful!

Kitty Wallis
04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Your work is incredible, Kitty! You command this medium!... :clap:
With a piece this large--did you post this from a slide or a digital photo? I am having posting issues so I thought I should ask you how you are able to show your beautiful art so beautifully!
Annette

This one came from a slide, photographed by me and scanned in a pretty good slide scanner.

Kitty Wallis
04-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks to all of you for your comments. This is a special piece for me, of two friends just getting to know each other, the boy accepting the man.

It's a typical Oregon early winter scene, wet air, foilage dried by the hot summer, rewet, signs of excessive moisture most of the year in the mossy trees. Silver Falls is about 100 miles inland, not in the rain forest region.

The distant hazy air was done with 'crumble colors' grays made from pastel colors, crumbled into tiny bits when nearly dry and stirred together, misted and pressed into sticks. These grays are full of light.

Detail showing grays.

Kathryn Day
04-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Beautiful!!!