PDA

View Full Version : First post here

peterfg
04-23-2004, 02:18 AM
I posted this in the Figure forum as part of their April Challenge. Be nice to get some comments here. I used PS, a Wacom tablet and two reference photos. I set the airbrush to dissolve to make it look like a pastel painting.
I've also got Painter, but haven't got the hang of that at all, yet. Do you think think this kind of image would be easier to achieve in Painter?
Thanks for your comments.
Peter

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2004/39347-nudenew1small.jpg

Elvira
04-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Nicely done, about being easier to achive in Painter perhaps after you have become comfortable with the program that is the crux of the matter, being comfortable with your tools.

The Pastel and Chalk brushes in Painter are very nice to work with, my advice to you is to set yourself a project you can play with and just play with the brushes until they feel right to you also customize them to get the effects you want, you can save your customized brushes in your own file so that you don't lose them when you reset the default and you can find them when you want them.

Edie

Ceu
04-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Very nice work, she looks perfect. and I do agree with Elvira, besides practice makes perfect.

flowerfancy58
04-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Very nicely done. I use both programs, Painter much more than PSP these days because I love the brushes:) I'm sure you could have done it in Painter, but don't know that it would have been easier though.

gloria:)

digistyle
04-25-2004, 05:47 PM
I like the way you used the hot and cold colors. The patterns they create are as interesting as the figure.

digistyle