PDA

View Full Version : Friday Morning Chatter!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Ha-HA! I finally beat Mary to the first post of the morning..it's officially 12:03 here, so I win!

/wink wink

I hope all you ladies that get up before I do (and go to bed after me!) have a wonderful rest and a peaceful, glorious morning filled with sunshine, happiness, the joy of having your loved ones at home, and MANY ideas of new things to create! In the words of Fred Babb, "Get in your studio and Make Stuff!"

I however, am off to bed! I should just go and conk right out, but darned if I'm not reading a really good book which will surely keep me up for another hour. :rolleyes: Darn good authors!

Blessings for a wonderful Friday to you all~

~Danielle

TheBlueBetween
04-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Watcha reading Danielle? I'm all out of good books at the moment... I've got about 5 duds on my bedside table at the moment.... good for putting me to sleep, but not much fun to read when you want something good...

And what are you doing posting at night instead of in the morning??? You had me really tired and confused all of a sudden! LOL! I'm off to bed soon too... it's been a long week - I can't wait till hubby gets a new job and doesn't have to work 80 hours a week and can start helping again with the parenting and house keeping... (or am I just dreaming again? we will see...)

:) Pam

Shirley C.
04-23-2004, 01:20 AM
good morning to y'all - or is that good night? it's only 10:25 thursday night here, so i shouldn't even BE in the friday chat yet. but since i had no internet access all day today, i just can't get outta here right now. gotta make up for all that withdrawl... (no, not a typo - pun intended, bad as it is)

friday is supposed to be a torch day for me. i'm so far behind on my beadies it isn't funny. gotta make beads for 3 jewelry orders, 1 bead order (i swore i'd never do a custom bead order again...), then make some beads for the silly bead contest at the isgb gathering, then make beads for the bead bazaar at the gathering, and a friend of mine who owns a bead store wants me to do a trunk show there, and... and... and there's a garden exchange calling for my attention, not to mention the fact that i haven't finished my deep blue sea piece yet, and... and... wwwaaaaaahhhhhh! i need a clone!

:music: send in the clones. :music: :music:

hope everyone has a fun, productive, and creative day!

McDuck
04-23-2004, 01:29 AM
Good Morning Danielle, Pam and Shirley! I am going to bed now. only 12:25 too. I am hoping I will feel better tomorrow going to bed earlier. Kiln has some things in it, seems quite a few of you just HAVE TO HAVE those blue morning glories :p so I made two more and a coral colored one too. ;) Then some touch ups on ones from the kiln monster this morning and few different colored beads to see how they look. I think that is it. Oh yeah and a set of Blue Garden of the heart beadies! Geesh i think I like them better than the purple ones! :eek: Can you believe that sacrilage? hehehe anyway that sneaky Danielle jumped in here before I could, only because yesterday I got tired of being the 400th person to say "good morning". LOL Okay enough chitty chatty cathy for me.

niters!
Mary

mistymade
04-23-2004, 01:34 AM
Danielle, you gave me a scare! I thought I lost a day (again). For a moment I thought, ...~crap, I missed my class!~... Have you seen the Penny Michelle turtle pendants that's on Corina's website? I thought of you as soon as I seen them, they're really cute!

Hiya Pam, Shirley, and Mary!

I have been so busy lately. I can't wait until I'm done with school, it's eating me alive. I will spend tomorrow (today) night in my weekend computer class, as well as all day Saturday and half a day Sunday. It's a fast track class so it only goes for three weeks, but it's really intense. And finals...I don't even want to think about it.

I can't wait until the cabin retreat...I can't wait until the cabin retreat...I can't wait....

Gingerbiscuit
04-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Well good morning everybody!!!

We have glorious weather here today. What a difference not to be cold!! heehee.

Have a great day (when you wake up!!)

LLane
04-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Hmmmm..... looks like this is the late night bunch!!! I was up and read Danielle's post last night and then went to bed.... I didn't know half the "town" was up checking the board!!! :D

With Mark out of town... I stay awake later.... but get up at the same time... ??? Have to take the dog to the groomer ..go to the post office and various other errands.... Then ready to go out of town to get my parents and drive them back from Florida. (aaakk) I was going to try to get some pieces submitted for the Gathering for the juried show... but guess this trip is going to keep that from happening. (Hmmmmm guess I should have started earlier??) :confused:

Y'all have a good weekend.... and week..... will see you back here end of next week!!! (Shirley... I expect you'll be all caught up by then right???) :D

Peace and Procrastination,
Lois

Teri.p
04-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Mornin' all! Danielle, you are indeed a sneaky one.... ;)

More coral play for me today; I got one of my oddlots from Bill yesterday and have only tried it a little. Also got a couple of pounds of pink shorts - and I got the tongue to strike first time out! Probably beginner's luck.... :rolleyes:

I'm really digging the happy spring mornings this year. I moved from the city to a semi-rural area last August, so it's the first time in years that spring means birds singing instead of horns honking.

Lois - you drive safely - and that's an order!

Teri

lissadivamama
04-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Good morning everyone! I haven't posted in a yakkity-yak for a while. I told myself when this forum was open, I would chat more, since I have more in common with you guys ;) , but have mostly been lurking!

Been frantically getting some inventory for a few spring shows - a good friend of mine who is also a jewelry designer (she brought me over into this crazy addiction) does home shows plus a few others and always includes my work and a few other local artists. I always give her too much inventory, but better that than not enough!

We are still working on selling the house and looking for a new one - have seen some real dream homes, but they are mostly out of our price range! Looking at 3-4 more tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a great day - this is my long day at work, but I actually have show&tell material today also - but it will have to wait until I'm home from work since its on my other computer! :)

DonnaBee
04-23-2004, 09:13 AM
G'mornin creative artists of adornment! :D

I am bleary-eyed and foggy-headed. More coffee, more coffee!

Danielle thank you for this, I think it's the nicest blessing a friend could ever wish for me:

I hope all you ladies that get up before I do (and go to bed after me!) have a wonderful rest and a peaceful, glorious morning filled with sunshine, happiness, the joy of having your loved ones at home, and MANY ideas of new things to create! In the words of Fred Babb, "Get in your studio and Make Stuff!"

I however, am off to bed! I should just go and conk right out, but darned if I'm not reading a really good book which will surely keep me up for another hour. Darn good authors!

Blessings for a wonderful Friday to you all~

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Awww, you know I love ya' sista' girl!

~D.

McDuck
04-23-2004, 10:10 AM
morning, morrning again! got to bed earlier last night but still slept in. Looked at the clock at 742 and thought aww much better, then looked again :eek: 845! *EEEP* At least I got my hello how are ya's in earlier. Looks to be a beautiful day here.

To everyone a good day and Lois a safe trip.

Huggles,
from the McDcuck

Beads-Me!
04-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Good busy morning to you all! I'm late posting although I've been up for hours. I had to make sure the house was presentable for a customer who just HAD to have more beads for her new watch we did in class the other night. Have you guys made the interchangeable strands for watches? They are a pain to put on - but I love being able to change the strands to match what I'm wearing...

She just left and now I'm going to work on the ribbon necklace. The kids had me all worked up last night and the last thing I wanted to do was make something purty in the mood I was in... :rolleyes: It's much better this morning! I have music playing, my favorite candle flavor burning, the sun is shining and the kids are at school!!! Whoo-hoo!

Have a wonderful Friday!

GardensOnGlass
04-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Good morning (albeit, late morning) everyone!

Pam, have you read the book, The Saving Graces by Pat Gaffney? It is THE best book I've ever read. If you're a woman who values your female best friends (sound like any of you out there?) you have to read it. It's just a bit confusing at times during the first couple of chapters until you get used to the fact that each chapter is told in a different charachter's voice & it goes between present day and past events, but it is the book that has touched me the deepest of all the books I've ever read.

Nancy, would you mind posting a picture of the interchangable watch strap? I've been struggling for weeks with a design for one. I've made one with beads from AdrianaS, and I think I've put it together and torn it apart about 10 times.

Have a great day all!

TheBlueBetween
04-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Good Morning everyone - for real this time!

Lori, I HAVE read that book! It was great! I love that genre - I think it might have started with the Ya Ya's way back when... I read quite a variety of books. The last good one I read was The Time Traveler's wife - I couldn't put it down - and I cried for the last 50 pages of it. Other favs this year so far are Life of Pi, Charms for the Easy life, all of the Outlander series... and then lots of duds like I said before - not favs.

Mary McDuck, you are KILLING me! I might just have to put my butt on a plane and go to B&B just to see all these beads in person. I'm squirming over here HOPING one of those flowers is coming my way (please???) LOL!

Well today is going to be busy - or maybe it's not. Speech class this morning, then I promised Luke a trip to the farm to see if the goat had her baby yet... there are 9 baby pigs and 2 baby sheep to look at too. But it might rain. Then I have to go look for deck furniture again, since yesterday was a bust... then home before the sitter gets here (if she's going to, she's been sick) so I can melt glass for a couple of hours. Somewhere in there the house needs to be cleaned and lunches and dinners to be made. Ah well... it's probably a good thing I have to put healthy food into my kid, or I might just skip real meals today.

Speaking of meals, Luke is demanding smoothies and oatmeal, so I have to run... have a nice Friday everyone :) See ya all around I'm sure!

Pam

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Lori, I agree...that is a GREAT book. So is the book Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. Omg, that book is so heart wrenching, but it has the most profound wisdom.

It's definitely a two-boxer. ;)

~D.

Beads-Me!
04-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Sure Lori - just a couple of quick shots. One of my favorite that I wear all the time and the other has some of the extra strands in it... Easy to make - a pain to put on!! :rolleyes:

Shirley C.
04-23-2004, 11:10 AM
...Somewhere in there the house needs to be cleaned ... Pam
ok, i give up ... why?

:D :D :D

McDuck
04-23-2004, 11:11 AM
That is a cool concept nancy! i really like those and the three strander is divine!

GardensOnGlass
04-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks Nancy! I'm feeling quite stupid at the moment, I never thought of lobster clasps, DUH! I have toggles on mine. I'll post a picture, but Addie will probably cringe when she sees how I've put her beautiful beads together.

I never feel comfortable posting pictures because of all of the talent on these forums!

Danielle, I read that one too! Made me cry also.

TheBlueBetween
04-23-2004, 11:19 AM
ok, i give up ... why?

:D :D :D

HA! Because the dust bunnies are going to take over if I don't? Because I have company coming for dinner tomorrow? Because I hate having to brush my feet off before I put my socks on!

I hate housework. I need to figure out how to take a couple sales a month and use that to pay for a cleaner. NOW THAT IS AN IDEA!!! That will get me inspired to make a few things this weekend!

TheBlueBetween
04-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Ah well... my little babysitter is out of commission for awhile - she's got an autoimmune disease and is just coming out of remission again. :( So any good vibes you can send out for Geneveive would be great.

Don't know when I'll get to get out and melt glass now... will have to figure something else out.

McDuck
04-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Sending bright white healing lite to Genevieve adn good wishes for hot glass melting to you Pam!
-M

beclectic
04-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Sending bright white healing lite to Genevieve adn good wishes for hot glass melting to you Pam!
-M

I always use bright pure white for protection and a sort of med. blue for healing. I guess it is an individual thing and probably depends more on intention than anything else. :)

TheBlueBetween
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
I always use bright pure white for protection and a sort of med. blue for healing. I guess it is an individual thing and probably depends more on intention than anything else. :)

I appreciate whatever type of light you want to send :) Thank you!