PDA

View Full Version : Heading out on Lake Huron

brrice
04-22-2004, 11:52 PM
The owners of this boat wanted me to do this painting for them. The scan doesn't pick it up well but the name is french L'Aigle Noir. I live near this huge lake;Lake Huron is one of the great lakes in the center of North America. The family is heading out on the lake to do some water sking. The harbour is in the City of Sarnia,Ontario which borders with Port Huron, Michigan, USA. This painting is a 11"x 14" Acrylic on Masonite. I am learning how to do figures so I know I need work in this area. I just found this photo of the painting I did last year.

artistodon
04-23-2004, 02:18 AM
Wonderful piece Brian. There is so much to see in this painting and I really like that. Great composition and use of color. I especially like the job you did on the water.

Don :)

Marty C
04-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi Brian,
Nice rendering of the boat and harbour. It is interesting to note the contrast of light blue sky and very dark water - it must be deep water and with such a far horizon amazing to think it is a lake and not the sea!

ripvanblair
04-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Nice effect, gives a great feeling of distance, I'll bet the owner is pleased with it-------well done-------Alan

laudesan
04-26-2004, 03:32 AM
WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!

I too bet the owner is absolutely thrilled!!

brrice
04-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks Don, Marty, Alan And judy-joy,

Lake Huron has very deep water. I have noticed that when the wind ripples the water it does show up as a deep blue color way out on the distant horizon; in comparison to the reflected sky on flat calm water. I grew up around the ocean and when I moved to this area I was amazed that an inland lake could be so big. There are some beautiful beaches on this lake and I think I will do a beach painting this summer.

Yax
04-27-2004, 12:46 AM
As viewers, you have put us there on this lake enjoying a warm sunny day. Very nice work. Yax