PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Spring Clasp?

gypsysoul
04-22-2004, 04:24 PM
The March/April 2004 Step by Step Beads shows a fringe bracelet on the cover with a clasp that the author of the project calls a "hidden spring clasp". Can anyone point me to a source to purchase one? The clasp looks like a cone with a hook and a cone with an eye, and inside of each is a spring that looks sort of like the kind of spring in the handle of a curling iron, to which you attach your stringing material. If you have the magazine, you can look at the project photos to see what I'm talking about. If not, the best I can do is the link below, which has a picture of the cover, but it's pretty small and doesn't show the spring as do some of the project photos.

http://www.stepbystepbeads.com/sbsbeads/issues/ma04toc.cfm

Paula

beclectic
04-22-2004, 04:27 PM
The March/April 2004 Step by Step Beads shows a fringe bracelet on the cover with a clasp that the author of the project calls a "hidden spring clasp". Can anyone point me to a source to purchase one? The clasp looks like a cone with a hook and a cone with an eye, and inside of each is a spring that looks sort of like the kind of spring in the handle of a curling iron, to which you attach your stringing material. If you have the magazine, you can look at the project photos to see what I'm talking about. If not, the best I can do is the link below, which has a picture of the cover, but it's pretty small and doesn't show the spring as do some of the project photos.

http://www.stepbystepbeads.com/sbsbeads/issues/ma04toc.cfm

Paula

I have that magazine, nice bracelet. I think I saw a clasp like that in one of my catalogs. I'll look when I get home and let you know one way or the other.

gypsysoul
04-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks, Barb. It just occurred to me I should go dig out Rio Grande's catalog and look there, too.

Paula

gypsysoul
04-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Well, duh, I should have thought to look at Rio Grande before posting here. They have four different ones (pages 383 and 395), replacement springs, and some tips on using them. So I guess I answered my own question. lol

Paula