PDA

View Full Version : McDuck Collaborators....please read

McDuck
04-22-2004, 03:59 PM
HeyRetta,
Would you be interested in these disks?
I made three of these heart of garden like pendants for you, but one broke :mad:
What do you think and which do you want? all> non e?
-mary

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi Pam,
these shold be your beads. Am I forgetting anything?
-Mary

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Danielle,
Are these correct? I know you still need sea urchins too!
-M

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:15 PM
hi Charissa,
Hi Charissa, this is what survived plus some others. Let me know what you want or if you want something different!
-mary

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:15 PM
hi donna,
firefly and heart of the garden!
mary

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi barrie,
Here are some of your beadies, does not include the light blue pendant.
mary

ps okay since you sang so perty here is the blue flower too.

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi shirley,
Do these match your fibers?
-mary

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Denise,
here is the blue pendant and a really kewl perty marbelous blue beadie. What do you think of it? It is just larger than a quarter so it is a nice sized beadie.
Mary

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Mary,

Wait, wait, wait...I thought I said I'd take one of everything?!? You slacker, get back to work. I want more beads.

/ducks and runs.

Tee hee hee, YES Mary, those are lovely. ;)

~D.

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey vicki,
you should have your beadies today! they actually are two full sets, but i forgot to take a pre pic.
-mary

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Rofl Danielle, youand Barrie and Pam and... -M

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:48 PM
some extra's, cant remember who wanted some purple ones, they are lt purple here

lisilk
04-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, I can't collaborate but wanted to ooo- ahhhh anyway. Those are awesome, all so unique and creative. Well done Mary ! :clap: :clap:

McDuck
04-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Thank you Li. and why cant you collaborate? -M

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Extras?!?! There's no such thing!

If that means I get to pick more, I want the darker blue ones on the bottom. I figure I better get them before Barrie does! /giggle

~D.

McDuck
04-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Danielle, which dark blue ones? first pic bottom left hand corner, that is a vessel and two accent beads. ;) -M

lisilk
04-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Thank you Li. and why cant you collaborate? -M

Hi mary,

I have my second largest show of the year in 5 weeks. I am elbow deep in dyes. :p I need about 150 pieces, I have 85 completed. LOL. I won't be coming up for air much. LOL

I look forward to seeing what comes of these though. :clap:

Li

McDuck
04-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Okay, I hope I have everyone down correctly, now I know someone is supposed to get some purple sea urchins, i have those lt purple ones too andI cant remember for the life of me who wanted them. So many pm's and emails adn confusion :rolleyes:
If anything is terribly wrong please let me know so I can fix it. And who was making the purse??? Geesh, it is nowhere in my pm's!
Thank you all!
Mary

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 05:08 PM
I think we better stick a Heiney icon on this thread considering Mary's choice of juxtapositioning of some of those beads!

/giggles

:evil:

~D.

McDuck
04-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Li- Good luck on your show! You work is very lovely and you should do well! let me know if you can use anything, would love to make you something special, no charge... -M

Barrie
04-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi barrie,
Here are some of your beadies, does not include the light blue pendant.
mary

ps okay since you sang so perty here is the blue flower too.

I win! I win!! Oh wait, it's not a contest! :evil: ROFL! I have a great plan in mind for the octagon, have some intersting thoughts on the other ones, now I have to figure out one for the flower! LOL!! Can I incorporate lampwork too??

Now, you said "here's some of your beadies"! Does that mean I get more? (nope, I'm not greedie! Bwwaahaahaahaa!!! Too bad I don't get to keep them! LOL! )

Seriously, though if you don't have a home for that orange daisy set from the other day, toss that in too - got a cool idea for that! LOL!

Your booth is going to be the COOLEST!!!

TheBlueBetween
04-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Looks WONDERFUL Mary! I asked for some purple sea urchins - so if you have some of those, send them my way!

I'm so jealous of everyone else's beads!!! I LOVE that morning glory! And shirley's colors are to die for!

Yum. Can't wait to see what everyone makes out of these :)

Great work Mary McDuck :clap: :clap: :clap:

ringslingin
04-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Hi Mary, love them!

The purplish Sea Urchins are MINE... Hands off Danielle, Barrie, and all the rest of yas! I really did ask for em, so go 'way as my almost-5 yearold likes to say.

Shirley C.
04-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi shirley,
Do these match your fibers?
-mary

mary, these will do quite nicely! (OH, YUM!!) whatever i don't use will come back to you with the finished piece, k?

sheesh, i had no internet access today until half an hour ago - can you say 'major withdrawal'? ugh!

McDuck
04-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Okay Barrie, yes, you sung for the flower. LOL
Pam, yes some purple sea urchins for you and denise and daniele i believe.
Shirley, I am glad you like them and cant wait to see what you make!
-Mary

DonnaBee
04-23-2004, 12:22 AM
My beads look good, perfect!

Thanks again for starting this great collaboration series, Mary! I feel so happy to be in this company. I want to be at the show when it opens, so I can see everyone's works, in person, before they sell. I will be so proud of you all.

Well off to bed with me now. I had a long and unusual day. Which is better than other sorts of days I might have. I have this pic printed out now Mary, of my beads you posted in this thread. I like to live with the images, and begin to dream into the new design...

McDuck
04-23-2004, 12:58 AM
I cant wait to see what you design too Donna! btw i am sending you an extra beadie as a surprise! I know you will do it justice!
_hugs, Mary

Retta Gates
04-23-2004, 07:07 AM
HeyRetta,
Would you be interested in these disks?
I made three of these heart of garden like pendants for you, but one broke :mad:
What do you think and which do you want? all> non e?
-mary

The heart of the garden ones are finally visible Very nice, I am sure I can do something with those...DO you have any pinkish accent beads to go along?

McDuck
04-23-2004, 10:15 AM
The heart of the garden ones are finally visible Very nice, I am sure I can do something with those...DO you have any pinkish accent beads to go along?

Pink? let me go down and look shortley. I also have 3 jeweled toned flat beads to send you too. Kiln monster took off for last night! yeah! Are you on dial up Retta? As I can send you smaller pics too. Or I can try topost smalelr ones :rolleyes:
-Mary

sassybird
04-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Those are great for me:) If you haven't given away the other urchins and the ones in the upper left corner I would be interested in them. When you see my work you will know why I am looking for a lot of white...lol Oh, and the Earth one would go perfect with what I have planned.

McDuck
04-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey Charissa please pm me with how many other sea urchins you need and what colors. I willpost a pic in a bit with the ones from last night. they are soooooooo kewl! but i can make more to send to you on monday, np. I am so excited to see!

-Mary

McDuck
04-24-2004, 08:25 PM
Okay charissa, sea urchins, nummy ones too! look at thos huge honkin spiney ones! wooohooo. also my blue heart of garden set, forgot to photo the green ones, and my most prized hand formed long bicone with hearts. This is delicious in person!
-Mary

ringslingin
04-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Okay charissa, sea urchins, nummy ones too! look at thos huge honkin spiney ones! wooohooo. also my blue heart of garden set, forgot to photo the green ones, and my most prized hand formed long bicone with hearts. This is delicious in person!
-Mary

Mary, I just love those sea urchins! Really got my eye on the ones in the fourth row, fifth down. The three shaped like that are AWESOME! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I want em all!

Denise

sassybird
04-25-2004, 02:09 AM
-Mary

:D I am really looking forward to working with these beautiful beads. I've been measuring my material and the satin facing for the chokers. I can't wait to get started! I'll be making a few different sizes so that they will fit most anyone:)

McDuck
04-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Charissa, do you sell the chokers to any hospitals? Just a curious question. Would love to collaborate more on these chokers with you.
-Mary

sassybird
04-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Here are some of the pieces I have worked on. I pick the threads one at a time to pull them from the fabric design. This is all old unused upholstery material I inherited from a fibers student. I have a whole bunch already picked and ready for sewing and stringing beads on. Each piece will be lined with satin or some material that will make wearing comfortable. In some cases I sew the satin on without folding under in order for it to be raveled also. It makes for some interesting textures and color mixes.

I have never thought of selling them to a hospital, but I have given a few to people that have had any kind of neck surgery.

Detail of a half finished piece.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/1355-Image_3_Fibers_Detail.jpg
As you can see there are lots of strings to tie things with.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/1355-Image_1_Fibers.jpg
This is a piece that came out mostly white, with just a little color coming through.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/1355-Image_4_Fibers_White.jpg

McDuck
04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh Charissa I cant wait to see what you do with my beads! Is there an organization for those who have had neck surgery or a trach done? I can only imagine a small donation might go along way if you wanna try? I can make some really neat small 3 or two hole flower shaped beads too. OH so many ideas you have given me! I love to help those who have had such a hard time medically. My little bit I can do next to the research in the past. :)
-Mary

sassybird
04-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Oh Charissa I cant wait to see what you do with my beads! Is there an organization for those who have had neck surgery or a trach done? I can only imagine a small donation might go along way if you wanna try? I can make some really neat small 3 or two hole flower shaped beads too. OH so many ideas you have given me! I love to help those who have had such a hard time medically. My little bit I can do next to the research in the past. :)
-Mary

Sounds good to me:D I love helping ot people too, and if I can bring a smile to someones face it makes my day:) I hand sew everything, and use hooks and eyes or snaps to close them. The way the strings hang you can't even see the closures.

toozygoot
04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
I wasn't sure what this thread was about but here I am enjoying all of Mary's creations and then I find what Charissa is doing to get these great picked thread pieces. I can't wait to see what the outcome is!

Mary - that green bicone is super! Would it be possible to do it with a vine wrapping around it? And I love the little two-holed pieces. Those look like they would be great for all sorts of designs.

Charissa - now I know what I am going to hunt for next time I'm in a fabric shop. I love the combo of beads and great threads like that!

pat

McDuck
04-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey Toozy Pat! I sure miss the heck outa ya! I will work on a bead with vines wrapping around, will have to se what i can come up with. -Mary

sassybird
04-25-2004, 09:27 PM
I wasn't sure what this thread was about but here I am enjoying all of Mary's creations and then I find what Charissa is doing to get these great picked thread pieces. I can't wait to see what the outcome is!

Mary - that green bicone is super! Would it be possible to do it with a vine wrapping around it? And I love the little two-holed pieces. Those look like they would be great for all sorts of designs.

Charissa - now I know what I am going to hunt for next time I'm in a fabric shop. I love the combo of beads and great threads like that!

pat

Hi Pat,

The best place to find the upholstery material is at an upholstery shop that works on couches and such. They usually have remnants that they will either outright give you, or a bunch for very little money. Be prepared to have a lot of patiences and sore fingers in picking threads. I use a curved darning needle.

McDuck
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Okie dokie all. Please let me know when you receive you beadies. alot of you should get them today! :clap:
Thanks,
Mary

toozygoot
04-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Charissa - have you tried using a curved dental tool with a plastic handle? You can get them in pharmacies. I have 3 of them with different widths of "pick" ends from fine to slightly thicker. I think it would be easier on your hands. And thanks for the tip!

pat

DonnaBee
04-26-2004, 02:22 PM
I got my McDuck ceramic beads for the collaboration and they are even more beautiful in person. THUD

I sent you a PM Mary as well. I know what I am going to do with them all already. This is SO exciting for me.

These ceramic beads are beautiful! I knew they would be, but the internet pics do not do justice.

I can't believe I will have pieces on display at Bead and Button. Pinch me I'm dreaming!

I will have for Mary's booth a Dragonfly necklace, a Heart of the Garden necklace and earrings... and... A flower BANGLE!

Thank you for all listening to my enthusiasm. It wouldn't be as fun without this place to share.

McDuck
04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
WooHOo, Charissa received her beadies too! So three down, 5 to go, I think. Anyone else receive there beadies in the mail today?
-Mary...errrr...McDuck who cant wait to see the finished projects!

Shirley C.
04-26-2004, 06:56 PM
gulp... my moment of truth just arrived. i haven't opened the box yet. ok, i'm gonna leave this post for a minute and open it.
oh my good grief!!!!!!

all i can say is that i sincerely hope i can do these beads justice. they are absolutely positively wowzer yowza gorgeous! mary, your work is... well... stunning! right now my head is spinning...

hubby ordered up a massage for me and him, and she's coming to the house tonight (has table, will travel). i know what i'm going to be thinking about while her fingers are digging into my muscles.

thank you mary, and i'll get right on this project!

McDuck
04-26-2004, 07:06 PM
I will be right over for that massage too Shirley! i tried hard with what I had to make beads to match your thread colors. They looked like they might do that and i am so happy you think they do too! i cant wait to see what you design out of them. I know Donna already started! LOL that Donna is a go getter!

I am sitting on pins and needles to see what you come up with!
Mary...errrr...McDuck who is so happy beads are arriving!

DonnaBee
04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
psst..

(a McDuck flower set on a Stacy Lynne large ball-end sterling headpin)

The loop I made looks maybe a little wonky, but in real life, it's a good loop, turned out just right... This could be a bangle where the flower lies on top of wrist, or a necklace.... I have to examine it some more...

Mary, you make gorgeous ceramic beads!

McDuck
04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Thank you Donna, I am glad you are enjoying them so much! -Mary

Barrie
04-26-2004, 11:29 PM
Thank you for posting that Donna!! I was wondering how the hole ran in that flower! You are right, Mary makes gorgeous beads!!!!! (Can't wait to get mine to work on!!)

DonnaBee
04-26-2004, 11:35 PM
I was wondering how the hole ran in that flower!

There is also a hole running cross ways through the flower base, perpendicular to the hole I used.

This makes it very versatile! I was surprised to see this feature, and very impressed with that Mary!

So.... if I wanted to, I could put another wire through this other hole and dangle things from it. Or leave it plain (it doesn't detract) And yes, the two holes are set so that you can wire through both at the same time easily! Oh heck, I will get you another pic so you can see.

Amazing....

DonnaBee
04-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Here is the side hole not in use. (Down by the leaf. Sorry, photos are a bit blurry)

TheBlueBetween
04-27-2004, 05:08 PM
My beads came! :clap: :clap: My beads came! :clap: :clap: My beads came! :clap: :clap:

They are beautiful beautiful beautiful! Now if I can just do them justice by the 15th....

Thanks Mary!

McDuck
04-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Here is the side hole not in use. (Down by the leaf. Sorry, photos are a bit blurry)

Wow, you guys been chatting it up here and I didnt even know it!

The vertical hole is to run beadalon or other material through. some have 2 holes in that direction, you can add leaves through the holes too or off of the wire from the center. I tried to make them versatile enough to do alot with.

OOh Pam, you got your beadies did you? Cant wait to see what you will make too!

-mary

McDuck
05-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Just thought I would bump this up so people can see how lonely thebeads were before you all design the life into them!
-M