PDA

View Full Version : Undewater scene........

Sundrop
04-22-2004, 03:13 PM
here is my underwater scene,18 x 30 " oil on masonite.............

shrinkinviolet
04-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Oh my, I may never go into the ocean again if that is what is on the floor! :evil:
Why did you decide to do these in black and white? How did you make them look like a line drawing? I like them very much. They are very imaginative.
Judy

Sundrop
04-22-2004, 11:11 PM
This is Oil on board,I apply the oil and etch it back off,with an eraser and toothpicks......................I like the effect of black,the camera really doesnt capture the true nature of the piece,so its hard to elaborate on it,I tend to like it more without color...........thanks for the interest...........Steve

Diane Cutter
04-23-2004, 05:58 AM
Having done some macro photography, I love this. I love the busy-ness and the shapes. It's amazing what is down there.... so fanciful and fascinating.

I also like the monochromatic look. It would be overwhelming in color.

Diane

Marty C
04-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Hi Steve,
Imaginative and effective. The black and white starkness helps to emphasise the detail. Well done.

artistodon
04-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Steve,
This is such a fun creative piece. I just love paintings with alot of detail and busyness to them. There is so much to see and enjoy. I love that. Thanks.

Don :)

ripvanblair
04-25-2004, 05:24 AM
I'll never swim in the sea again :eek: this is a really interesting piece--------well done-------Alan

Sundrop
04-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I'll never swim in the sea again :eek: this is a really interesting piece--------well done-------AlanThanks Alan,you can see more of my work here.... http://p2.hostingprod.com/@abstractsteve.com/