PDA

View Full Version : Lake Superior Lighthouse

shrinkinviolet
04-22-2004, 01:23 PM
This is the Lake Superior Lighthouse. I'm not at all pleased with it. :( But it's time to quit fooling with it and go onto the next painting.
Judy
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2004/18123-wip_001.jpg

Yax
04-22-2004, 09:47 PM
This is a fine painting Judy, and what a wonderful presentation with that grand frame. Yax

Rosebudlr
04-22-2004, 09:58 PM
You know, I only live 50 miles from Lake Superior and I have never gone to see this lighthouse? After looking at your wonderful painting, I will have to take a drive there to see. I think its very nice and elegant in the frame you choose to display it is awesome.

brrice
04-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Where is this on Lake Superior, I would love to go there some day. That a steep cliff . Lake Superior is beautiful . I have seen many photos of the north shore. I like the color in that cliff. The only thing I would suggest is to add some blue in the water. But it looks good the way it is too. That frame is unique.

shrinkinviolet
04-23-2004, 02:00 AM
Thank you Brian, LeighRose,and Yax. There is a story behind this grand frame.I bought a mirro with that frame on it at an Ebay store a couple of months ago. Three times they sent me a broken mirro. After the third time, I gave up as it was obvious that they were not going to try again. So I unscrewed the back of the mirro, removed the glass and now I have three grand frames waiting for pictures. Life is strange sometimes. :music:
Judy
PSI dont know where this lighthouse is located.

artistodon
04-23-2004, 02:12 AM
I love it! Providence at work. That frame was made for this painting.

Don :)

Marty C
04-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi Judy,
The frame makes it, I think. Bad luck turned good. Well done.