PDA

View Full Version : Ondine

2003maryann
04-22-2004, 12:07 PM
First I skected the black and white yatch 9see attached picture taken in 1963) THen I used making fluid to cover the whole yatch and some of the waves I indicated. Next playing sky was fun using acrylic red, blue and white until desired effect was achieved. removed masking fluid and painted in the sails using (as suggested from members of wet canvas on another marine painting) colors from the sky in the shadows. This picture helped me see the shadows in the sail and will be a good reference to keep on hand for future painting . First time I ever used Daler poster board instead of watercolor paper. First try was on paper but it ripped. Everyone here is out of watercolor paper the heavier type so i thought I would try the poster board.
It felt differnt but proved effective.
All comments about the boat, detail and coloring welcome.
2003maryann

shrinkinviolet
04-22-2004, 01:13 PM
MaryAnn,
You need to go back and edit your post. You need to start over again and browse and upload your image. When you come to the next window with
this {IMG}http://www.wetcanvas.com/community/images/22-apr-2004/20472-bw_pic_of_Ondine.jpg{IMG} Highlight everthing from {IMG} to {IMG} , then copy, then close window. You will be back in your 'Post" window. Right click, where you want the picture to be and click paste. The same line will come up where you want the picture to be. But after you hit send the picture will show up in your post. Do the same thing for each picture you want to post. I hope that you can understand these instructions, they are easier than they sound.
Judy

2003maryann
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
I entered Ondine in the stormy sea project and both my pictures are shown in the submission and then the final entry. you may want to check them there until figure out what you said. Thank youfor trying, i am hopeless sometimes when it comes to computers.
2003maryann

Leaflin
04-30-2004, 12:23 PM
I fixed the images for you Mary Ann (hope I got the right ones).

I love your sky.
Your colour combinations work wonderful together.
The crispness of the white sail really sets the sky off well.
Well done!

Dark_Shades
05-01-2004, 05:11 AM
Ohhh this is lovely ....... wonderful colours, and great atmosphere and movement..... all set of with the white sail

..... like this alot :clap:

PETERH
05-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Lovely painting Mary Ann!

You can feel the wind and hear the waves!

Great sky!

2003maryann
05-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Thank you one and all for your wonderful encouraging comments. I sometimes can't believe I did this. I have had this surge of wanting to do sailboats, sky and water and so far I have done five different ones in April.
Right now I seem to have dried out and doing fantasy and drawings. But I want to get back to the skies and develping the technique I just learned by doing it. We have had nothing but rain and more rain right now in Grenada.
Coming in today by dinghy it poured. Maybe that is where I got the feel for the weather I have shown in my paintings.
2003maryann