PDA

View Full Version : Thurs...April 22, 2004 yackity yack thread

McDuck
04-22-2004, 03:19 AM
Good Morning ladies and germs. OH I always wanted to say that. Showing my age I think! lol anyway it is now 215am, I am done for the day, kiln is over half way cooked, and I will have all kinds of new glazed beadies later this morning. flowers, masks, and beadies in general. then I have to pack them up tight and ship them out to my collab buddies. Oh I should have all different shades of sea urchin beadies too. :clap: my perties....

So Good Morning Everyone! I am going to bed and wont see this thread again until it's probably on the second page as usual!!

-Mary...errrr...the tired McDuck

Gingerbiscuit
04-22-2004, 05:43 AM
Good morning Mary, good morning everyone! I hope you feel better today Mary.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Lynne :)

Beads-Me!
04-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Good morning friends! Hey Duckie and Lynne! I think you have even me beat in busy-ness Mary... Hope you're getting some good sleep.

I'm going to play with some of the new ideas in my head today.... AFTER I spend sometime cleaning our house - what a pit! We have never really recovered from vacation and unpacking and laundry... :rolleyes: But then watch out - I'm going to ........ create!

Have a great day all!

SuzyQ
04-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Busy, busy Mary. Good luck with the show.

Clean? No thanks :) But I do have a mountain of laundry to tackle today.....

Just loaded my Painter 7 I have had sitting on my desk for months. I can finally see my way clear of real work and now get to play. Anybody have it?

Enjoy your day!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Good morning all! I see some of you slackers haven't uploaded your Deep Blue Sea projects yet!! /cracks her whip... ;)

I don't have much planned for the day other than working on my art purse. I'm at a dilemma trying to decide if I should stitch it shut like an envelope or make panels for it to truly make it a "bag". Ohh, the agony of trying to decide!

/yawn I think I need some breakfast to jump start my brain cells!

SuzyQ, what the heck is a Painter 7?!?! Is it seven good looking men in overalls that come and paint whatever you want them to? If so, can you spare at least 3 of them? I have a stack of canvases that need prepping and I'm sure a little eye candy would be a nice treat in my quiet studio. ;)

/giggle

~Danielle

McDuck
04-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Good Morning again! only over 6 hours sleep, this just isnt fair :mad: but when a little sunlight peeps into my eyes, thats it, sleep is over. So here I am all NOT so bright eyed and bushytailed. :rolleyes:

Peeked in my kiln and OMG you should see the things in there! The masks looked like they turned out so fantastic, but it will still be a few hours, over 380 still :(

Thank you Lynne, I do feel much better, but still have the *fog migraine* in my head. I hate those too.

Nancy, I am trying to get good sleep, but the sun is now cooperating with me and we still dont have anymore than vert. blinds on our windows. House is a money pit I tell you. :mad: Might I send some of my laundry to you too? I have a pile of blues that need to be washed. Both my pairs of jeans that fit my fat beadie butt are in there :eek:

I agree Danielle, can I borrow one or two of those painters also? Cute ones, I NEED EYE CANDY. thank you. Kitchen and family room still need to be painted. Hmm, decisions D. let me help, do you want to carry alot of STUFF, or do you want to just have a slim perty baggy at your side? glad to oblige.

Okay, I hear a treadmill and slimfast calling my name very loudly and isnt that rude i the morning???

-mary...errrr...mcduck...still a wee bit sleepy

beclectic
04-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Good morning all! I see some of you slackers haven't uploaded your Deep Blue Sea projects yet!! /cracks her whip... ;)

What a task master. :D Said I posted too early, now the rest are posting to late - make up your mind woman! ROFL

<snip>

SuzyQ, what the heck is a Painter 7?!?! Is it seven good looking men in overalls that come and paint whatever you want them to? If so, can you spare at least 3 of them? I have a stack of canvases that need prepping and I'm sure a little eye candy would be a nice treat in my quiet studio. ;)

/giggle

~Danielle

You are very naughty but what a picture in my head :::I'm naughty too sometimes:::. Sounds like you are pretty much awake to me.

Good morning everyone. If you haven't gone and looked at the pretties posted in the final entries in the Deep Blue Sea Project give yourselves a treat and go look.

I got a little more done on my Lush Garden project last night and posted another pic in the 'in progress' gallery. I'm remembering that I have a bunch of clip art CDs from some publisher software I have or from the Corel Draw I have and it has a bunch of (100s) of those turn of the century prints with children and young women. I'm going to have to get those out and review them. I think they will make good stuff for fabrics and cigar box purses. What else is in there? I'll just have to index that stuff somehow.

Well, had better go get in the shower before the workmen get here - today should be the last day of deck construction - YAY!!!! I'll have pictures to show tomorrow of it! I'm going shopping for new deck furniture today even - happy happy

Retail therapy, my favorite kind. :D

TheBlueBetween
04-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Good Morning!

I just uploaded my Under the Deep Blue Sea pictures!!!! Wow there are some BEAUTIFUL things in that project - I need to go comment next...

Sadly that damn alarm went off again this morning at 6:15, (I thought I turned it OFF!) But at least it let me photograph my necklace and get it up before Luke woke up.

Yesterday I got to stick my toes in sand... real beach sand!!! Granted the rest of me was all covered up with clothes as there was a cold breeze blowing, but we got to the beach and got to dig in the sand with sand toys and watch the trains go by on one side and the wind surfers on the other side with the Olympic Mountains far off behind the water. SO nice! Good for the soul kind of nice. Hello toes!

Mary, I just love a full kiln of goodies when you wake up in the morning... just like christmas :) Maybe better, even!

Well, had better go get in the shower before the workmen get here - today should be the last day of deck construction - YAY!!!! I'll have pictures to show tomorrow of it! I'm going shopping for new deck furniture today even - happy happy :)

Have a great day eveyone - see you over at the deep blue sea project in a few...

:) Pam

SuzyQ
04-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Danielle - You are too funny! I wish. It is a painting software program. Better brushes and applications than Photoshop, so they tell me.

Mary - Tell me about the slimfast. Is it working for you? I remember doing it in my 20's but I don't know if my body could stand such abuse in it's 40's.

Off to the showers with me! Fresh from the treadmill.....

McDuck
04-22-2004, 10:52 AM
I still havent made it to the treadmill :rolleyes: just came up to put on my jogging clothes. yeah it works well when I drink it in the morning, workout, and dont eat a late dinner. I love teh chocolate royal flavor. Nummy! I am 40 too, not too hard one me at all!
-Mary

Barrie
04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Morning ladies!! hmmmm, thinking I might have to get me one of those treadmill torture devices.........and maybe some slimfast. I woke up soooooooo b**chy this morning! Dropped of the dh & son at work, picked up the granddaughter, took her to day care, lazed around and drank coffee for an hour, then came home to tackle the email stuff, now the WC stuff, then off to the shower, then to the grindstone!!! I have this really UGLY (to me anyway) ring I have to do today, as a custom piece. It's a style copy for a friend/customer and normally I don't do copies. But it's such a challenge, that I decided that since itwas for her, and not going to be sold publicly, and it is different from the original, I would try it. Might be cursing myself by the end of the day, but oh well, might as well give it a shot.
Sure would rather be shopping for patio furniture - but not with our ugly little deck. Or sticking my toes in the sand! But I have 7 cats, that would not be a good idea in this yard! Of course cleaning, laundry and the like are out of the question (that's why I have a husband and three kids, let them do the menial tasks, I'm creating! :evil: It's hard work being an artiste).

Have a wonderful day (Mary, you should take a picture of your full kiln for us - that way we can peek too - but wait til their cooled first! :) ) I'm off to check out that Deep Blue Sea project, and then to the shower!!!

MadameKali
04-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Good.... er.. afternoon :)

I just want to tell everyone (new though I am) that I won't be around this weekend... going home to see the family :eek: . Hopefully I'll have plenty of eye candy for when I get back! I've got a choker in the works.

Susie