PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

digistyle
04-21-2004, 10:33 PM
It's been quite a while since I've been on the boards. I've had a lot on my plate this year (the plate's still full, but I'm managing it better. :) ), but I felt it was time to get back with you good folks! Sorry to post and run but I still have some stuff to do tonight. I'll be back on the weekend for some long overdue browsing and commenting. 'Til then here's a little something that I finished this evening (I finally completed something!) that I thought I'd share. It began as a exercise from a painting book and gradually developed into it's current state.

Painter 5.5 (No, I'll probably never upgrade to a newer version!)

digistyle

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/1629-elfport.JPG

flowerfancy58
04-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Good to see you again Digi!

I'll look forward to seeing your posts, and the this one's a goody!!

By the way.....never is a LONG time ,lol:)

gloria

baquitania
04-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Digi, digi, digi.... *shakes head* I'm gonna have to call you a cyber dino if you don't upgrade! Say the word, and Painter 8 will mysteriously fall in your lap if I have to mail you my copy... Yer too good to be using 5.5...

Welcome back by the way!!!

Bobby

Jet
04-22-2004, 05:25 AM
..a cyber Dino ?... :) ... :p .... :D .... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2003/27782-rofl2.gif

..Oh, you're too funny !!

Well said , Digi has to get his hands on P8, the best for the best... oh brother !
Digistyle, you'll scream... Vive la diference !!

Keep posting ...

Regards

LadyAlba
04-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Well welcome back! Long time no see! Can't wait to see all that wonderful art!! :clap:

JCoop
04-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Digi, you've probably got tons of great painting ideas piling up in your head by now. It's true... Painter8 is calling you... Im psychic and I can tell by the aura which flows from your post that you secretly want it... C'mon digi... get with the "program".

Nice piece! The nose and the mouth seemed a bit askew... hope you don't mind that I adjusted them...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2004/30872-elfport_2.jpg

Ceu
04-23-2004, 09:40 PM
:clap: welcome back digi, I missed seen your work around here. by the way she looks wonderful. and welcome back :clap:

fugitive
04-24-2004, 03:38 AM
It's been quite a while since I've been on the boards. I've had a lot on my plate this year (the plate's still full, but I'm managing it better. :) ), but I felt it was time to get back with you good folks! Sorry to post and run but I still have some stuff to do tonight. I'll be back on the weekend for some long overdue browsing and commenting. 'Til then here's a little something that I finished this evening (I finally completed something!) that I thought I'd share. It began as a exercise from a painting book and gradually developed into it's current state.

digistyle

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/1629-elfport.JPG
Don't everyone yell at me, at once. Hi digi, glad to see you again. The first work, I ever tried to emulate here, was his loose lion, many moons ago. But now, I have a big pain in the neck, with this one. For whatever, I removed the hair, to illistrate, what I see as wrong, and filled it in a little, just to see better.
greg

Jet
04-24-2004, 11:30 PM

digistyle
Digistyle,
I thought it over, and it hit me !

Now i really can't see the need for upgrading to newer version, you have all you need for working as a traditional painter.

I really 'need' the added bells and whistles because i don't do much traditional work and more photo transformations, and the new P8 has a lot more 'cheating power' than its predecessors.

The new P8 has very different brushes than P5 so you'll have to adapt to some extremely artificial brushes, which means to me that i will be able to simplify my working around with the new powerful 'do it all' brushes that takes the painter still farther from the real thing-(that's good for me)

It's funny how i am looking for simpler and easier ways of doing digital art, that might be cheating to the traditional artist, and that seem to be a correct assumption after all.
The thing is i don't feel cheating is bad, but i feel it is desirable in a program.

But how do the software Guys get to convince a die-hard traditional into thinking they must have the new improved program that saves some steps, that has better ways of "emulating" the real thing, which would sound as a better and faster cheater for me.
It's their job and they excel in it..

Well, today i learned something new ,at first i thought: this is a stubborn guy !
But later on, it just hit me ! you are completely right, if P5.5 puts you closer to the traditional way, why would you want to stray from that.
i am amazed at your strong conviction that you DON'T NEED an update now or ever.

Gotta respect that.
...about my personal needs, i wish there comes a version that follows my eyes or understand my words.
{ paint water 9 right 5 deep now 6 shallow} and away it goes... but i can't help it... i like it simpler and i need new ,newer, newest versions . yes 8.5 , 999 going berzerk here ....

Salute to a die-hard traditional
--Deep bow--
Regards

digistyle
04-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks for paintover and suggestions, folks. I don't mind them at all. I appreciate the help! Sometimes I get so caught up in the process that I miss the big picture.

Jet: Thanks. It may interest you to know that I'm still using Photoshop 5.5, too. I guess I've gotten comfortable with them (or I'm too cheap to spring for the upgrades! :D). As a general rule of thumb, I never upgrade any of my apps unless I feel there is a compelling need to do so. So far, I just haven't felt that need with Photoshop or Painter.

Bobby, you crack me up! :D Here's a quickie reply for ya!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2004/1629-digisaurus.JPG