PDA

View Full Version : On my way

KUNTZI
04-21-2004, 06:06 PM
I am new here 37 yrs old Correctional SGT.never took the time to even draw let alone A/B but I have desire to give it a shot.I watch a local guy at the beach and he just amazes me along with many others here on the forum.
I want to learn I have the tools and space.I will be soon picking some brains around here tapping the knowledge, I seem to have hit the jackpot of TALENT
Most of you are so lucky you have started with a raw talent foundation and you have improved. I will start far behind you and hopefully I can aquire 1/2 the talent I see here.Like I said I can hardly draw but Im ready to PAINT :D
some of my scratch (http://home.comcast.net/~dlbtkuntzi/art.html)

hinddee29
04-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Hi. You will have a good time here. There alot of great people here.
Your sketches don't look that bad. I don't know if it is me or not, but your
job might be affecting you. :D
Are all of these just off the top of your head?

Shane

Leaflin
04-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi KUNTZI :)
Welcome to the Airbrush forum and WetCanvas!
I think your sketches look pretty good.

AlpineAirbrush
04-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Welcome Kuntzi ! The Airbrush is a lot of fun but be careful because it is VERY addictive and you could end up like some of us around here. :D

I see some great contrast in some of those drawings, keep it up.

HF AIRBRUSH
04-22-2004, 02:11 AM
and welcome from the netherlands.... :p
i agree with the guy's...the drawings are not that bad...ive seen worse....

and a sgt.....eh...well ive never been in the army so you'lle be the first sgt..hahaha...

henk

KUNTZI
04-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the support.HF AIRBRUSH . I'mNot in the Army I work in a prison but I am in the US AIR FORCE RESERVES waiting to be activated to the middle east.Well thanks again I will be lurking about from here or over there :D LAter

Maryl Lehman
04-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Welcome Kuntzi! Your sketches aren't bad at all, artistic-wise! Some are a little strange maybe! ;) If you're anything like most of us here, you'd better watch it or you'll soon be hooked on airbrushing! :p You'll learn a lot on this forum---I sure have and I've been airbrushing for almost 26 years! There's always more to learn.....

Make it a great day!

~Maryl

Penny220
04-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Welcome to our forum. Your sketches remind me of flash art. Some of them would make some really interesting paintings. It might surprise you to know how little some of the best artists draw, some artists don't draw at all. Some great sketch artists can't paint. Contrary to belief they do not necessarily go hand and hand.

Caterwallin'
04-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi Kuntzi,
Welcome!
I agree with everyone else, I think that your sketches are great. You have and underlying talent that will help you with airbrushing. I like the concept motorcycle!

I totally agree with Penny! Not that I'm that good of an artist, but I cant draw worth a hooey! Never have been able to draw! Frustrates me to tears! I draw minimal reference lines on all of my painted pieces. I'm a painter not a drawwwwerrerrer! LOL!!!

Sam

ProfessorGreibowitz
04-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Hello, Kuntzi.

Welcome and your sketches are better than I could do without some reference to guide me. I am not great at drawing/sketching. I'd love to be able to draw from memory or live but spent my life trying to master the guitar. :D

This is a great place to learn about airbrushing. Good luck with it!

Tim

ADCook
04-30-2004, 05:43 PM
I've always thought that the definition of talent was 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. Passion is a big part of creating art. If your desire is there you'll go further than the guy with "natural talent". If I could offer a suggestion (I believe that good drawing skills make for better airbrush skills - they're greatly related anyway), I would recommend that you buy a book by Betty Edwards titled "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"... read it and then draw and paint every chance you get. Practice doesn't make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect.

You do have some great advantages today. There's a tremendous amount of information ot there for the airbrush artist. Many paints can be purchased ready-to-spray. The quality of airbrushes on the market today is fantastic, and from I can see, this web site is an excellent source for information.

Good luck in your in your creative journey.

Milo
05-01-2004, 03:52 PM
I would recommend that you buy a book by Betty Edwards titled "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"... read it and then draw and paint every chance you get. Practice doesn't make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect.

Have you seen another book similar in concept but simplified a bit called "So you thought you couldn't Draw?" by Sandra Angelo (I know the title sounds kinda goofy/put off).

Milo

prepsage
05-10-2004, 03:24 PM
I def agree with AD that drawing and painting go hand in hand in many respects. As you learn the different ways to control your medium (be it airbrush, pencil, or brushes) you will discover techniques that can be applied to other mediums as well. A good exercise is to keep drawing from life, be it a 30 second sketch of a person, to a 4 hour long rendering. As you grow more confident with your eye-mind-hand coordination, putting lines/strokes down will be second nature. Keep hittin' the pad.