PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 4/21 Show & Tell

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Ok, so here's a pic of the ongoing project of my art purse.

This is the back panel which is just about finished. I just have to do the stitching and beadwork around the image of the girl in the hammock.

Whew, this takes a while!

~Danielle

Shirley C.
04-21-2004, 05:20 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

looking terrific, danielle!

looks like you and i were on the same page - started a new show and tell thread at the same time. feast or famine, eh? :D

artbabe21
04-21-2004, 05:45 PM
DANIELLE!!!! WOW!! that is gorgeous! I finally was able to get the pages to download on the other thread for other parts of the purse....
How will it be constructed...?? sewn, cigar box??

did you get some of the images from ArtChix studio? She has amazing stuff, she's a buddy of mine from when I did all the multi media stuff....if not how did you do them? On the computer? Did you use something new to make them not fade?

http://www.artchixstudio.com for anyone interested...they also have a zine with all sorts of mixed media art...:)

Barrie
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
WOW!! Danielle, that is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see the finished piece! What a project!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beads-Me!
04-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Gorgeous Danielle! Will we get to see it at the cabin?? :D

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Shirley, thanks!! You can never have too many show and tells IMO. /wink wink

Cathleen, I get my images from art-e-zine...I donate here and there to the maintenence of their site and in return they provide you with links to vintage images they have on reserve, etc. Then I print them on t-shirt transfers, transfer those to fabric, etc, etc. Some of my images I've altered digitally to make digital collages as well. The embellishments are so easy to come by really, what with the scrapbooking surges. I just use whatever I happen to have.

The base of the bag is Tyvek and then it's lined with cotton so the inside of the purse is nice and neat. I obviously wouldn't recommend running around in the rain with these or washing them, obviously, but other than that, they're pretty durable. Tyvek won't tear no matter what you do to it.

I'm wondering if I should just stich the two panels together envelope style, or if I should add panels. If I need to do that, then I have to dream up three more pieces! LOL.

So anyhoo, that's my story.

Barrie, it has been a project for sure. It takes a while to get all the images put together, then printed, then transferred, then stuff glued on, etc, etc, especially with a toddler under foot! He's got sticky fingers!

Nancy, you betcha I'll bring it to the cabin! The more ooh's and ahh's a girl can get the better. ;) /giggle

~Danielle

lisilk
04-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Almost missed this one.This is very cool Danielle. Really nice compostion and palette. Fiber collages are a lot of work but so worth the effort. This is going to be great !

Li

Gingerbiscuit
04-22-2004, 04:37 AM
Just lovely, Danielle!

Lynne :)

artbabe21
04-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Cathleen, I get my images from art-e-zine...

Thanks Danielle...I've been in some swaps with Gillian & she's put up some of my work on her site....she's incredibly talented & that site of hers, I have no idea how she keeps up with it & her own art!

Anxious to see the finish on your purse! :D

Cyndi L
04-22-2004, 09:04 AM
That is crazy wonderful! (or wicked cool, as we say in MA)

I almost missed it since I didn't have a lot of time yesterday. Glad I didn't miss it!!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Li~ Thank you! Glad you didn't miss it too! Shirley and I were competing for show and tell threads. ;)
It took me all day yesterday to do that second panel, but I'm really having fun with it.

Lynne, Cyndi, thanks so much! /giggle, I remember having friends who used to say wicked cool way back in high school....seems like just yesterday!

Cathleen, Gillian does have QUITE a site. I really like it. It's chock full o' inspiration for all sorts of things. I'm thinking about starting a small ATC or Tag Exchange here requiring some sort of beading. I think it would be a fun change of pace for ppl and tags are small enough that materials wouldn't be costly.

Thanks again all!

~D.

beclectic
04-22-2004, 09:57 AM
<snip> I'm thinking about starting a small ATC or Tag Exchange here requiring some sort of beading. I think it would be a fun change of pace for ppl and tags are small enough that materials wouldn't be costly. <snip>~D.

What are Tags in this context? It sounds interesting.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 10:19 AM
AHhh HA!

See here!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2247507#post2247507

/grin

~D.