PDA

View Full Version : 71 Plymouth 'Cuda - Auto Art

Charger
04-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey; this is my first post here. Thought some of you would like to see my painting of a 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda. I'm really into vintage cars, especially Dodge and Plymouth (hence the name), and I just got into painting/drawing. Hope you like it.

Sorry about the picture quality by the way - I'm sure most of you know that it always loses something in translation

Charger
04-21-2004, 05:00 PM
It just occured to me that certain of you might not know what a '71 Cuda looks like. Here's a real picture of one.

ExpressiveAngie
04-21-2004, 05:10 PM
How cool is that?!!!

Awesome job, I love it! :clap:

billiam
04-21-2004, 06:20 PM
looks great, the first cuda's were awful. a guy close by did an orange and black conv., with a 383. he has another he has started on. it's surprising to drive thru the neighborhoods down here, if the garage doors are open. i still remember lighting up the tires in front of high school at lunch. paint some more autos, i'm rev'd up. bill

Ursus17
04-21-2004, 11:40 PM
I really like the way you got the shine on the car. The composition is also pretty neat.

Great job - thanks for sharing!

Charger
04-22-2004, 03:36 AM
Hey look, I'm from Abu Dhabi! Who knew? :rolleyes:

looks great, the first cuda's were awful. a guy close by did an orange and black conv., with a 383. he has another he has started on. it's surprising to drive thru the neighborhoods down here, if the garage doors are open. i still remember lighting up the tires in front of high school at lunch. paint some more autos, i'm rev'd up. bill

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the early b'cudas, either, but ya can't like everything. I love it when I'm driving around and catch a peek of plum crazy in someone's backyard. I don't stop any more though, unless I'm in the Charger. People tend not to like my "sharp eyes."

I'll post a couple more of my paintings.

mf.sutton
04-22-2004, 04:20 AM
I love this, very nice work

mike

Rosebudlr
04-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Your "Cuda" is awesome. When my husband and I married, we owned a 68 Dodge Charger copper in color with a black vinyl roof. I still love that car and wish we were still in possession of it. Cuda's were nice too , have you done a Charger?

surreal
04-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey; this is my first post here. Thought some of you would like to see my painting of a 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda. I'm really into vintage cars, especially Dodge and Plymouth (hence the name), and I just got into painting/drawing. Hope you like it.

Sorry about the picture quality by the way - I'm sure most of you know that it always loses something in translation
Hi Charger,
Welcome to the Acrylics forum!!!
:)
I like your very bold painting!
:)

chevygirl
04-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Excellent work, I too love classic cars, and your painting is just great.
Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more. :clap:

scotchpie
04-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Hi there and welcome

Great painting with a very contempary fell.

What are the dimensions of the work and what support do you use.

I would love to see more as I am sure others would also!

Keep on posting

Andrew

artistodon
04-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Does anyone else smell burnt rubber, or is it just me? Very nice contrast and composition. I love it.
Don :)

Charger
04-23-2004, 07:27 AM
What are the dimensions of the work and what support do you use.

Sorry, forgot to mention. It's 16"x20" acrylic on stretched canvas. :)