PDA

View Full Version : Need some WC love.....

Loriola
04-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi-I hope this doesn't sound whiney but I'd love some help/advice. I have an auction on ebay ending tonite & I'm trying to figure out why it hasn't had any bids. I've had pretty good luck lately w/ebay so I'm wondering if I did something wrong w/this auction. Are the colors wrong? Too $$$? Bad pics?

I know ebay is fickle but I was pretty excited w/this auction. Sorry for the whine!!! And I really appreciate anyone taking the time to look!
Thanks!
-Lori

Lori's Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4105616135&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

beadsbybrat
04-21-2004, 12:41 PM
WOW! Those beads are beautiful! I love the daisys. I don't see anything wrong with the auction. The pics are good and the starting price is good for the amount of beads and the quality. Maybe you will get some ebay sniping in the last hour or so! :D Beleve me if I was not saving for my kit I would bid! They would make a Beautiful necklace and bracelet!
I hope you get some bids! (even if they are not mine :p :D )

the brat

Shawn T.
04-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Lori,

Your auction looks great! The beads are wonderful, my auctions they few that I have had, seem to sell at the last hour, don't give up. Wishing you the best.

Good luck,
Shawn

Orca
04-21-2004, 01:14 PM
It's the fickleness of eBay, there's nothing wrong with your beads, they are colorful, bright, beautiful!

As others have said......don't despair! Amazing things can happen in the last hours....minutes....even seconds!! of an auction!!

Lizardglass
04-21-2004, 01:23 PM
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but it seems to only happen on certain auctions. I don't know which mode you use to upload the pics and maybe I just don't have the program to support it but I only get the top part of the auction. I get the part with the name and the bid and the seller info but I never get the larger pic or the description. Maybe other people are having the same problem seeing it?? I dunno , I talked to eBay they couldn't figure it out. Maybe someone here will know? The picture I did see looked great.
Liz

beadamaniac!
04-21-2004, 01:28 PM
I saw that set earlier in the week. They're gorgeous! The starting price might be intimidating, but I'm sure you'll get a bid before they end. And if not this time, then next time.

Loriola
04-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all the support everyone!!
Liz-I'm a little freaked out that you can't see the pic or description. The pics are hosted thru my website, but the description is thru ebay. I think I might need to use smaller files from now on to make it easier for anyone that has dial-up.

Lori Peterson
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: No clue! I think they are gorgeous, fun, usable, collectable, artistic, and wonderful!!!

Beth Myers
04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Lori,
I saw these the other day and liked them alot.
I don't see anything wrong anywhere.
My thought is this, buyers are looking for those "Spring Time" colors, soft pastels, you know. That's the only reason I can find.
Give it time, I was told it takes a good three years to really develop a presence and name that keeps a good following, I don't know how true that is, but I can see the logic.
Just don't give up! You have alot to offer.
Beth

ValorieCox
04-21-2004, 01:58 PM
If they don't sell....I'd switch out the 5-6 orange/yellow spacers and substitute them with hot pink spacers (very in this year with black and white). The focals and main beads look great! :) Val

edit, hehe, Beth we posted at the same time. :) Yes, Beth has it right, a layout background color switch would be nice too!

Loriola
04-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Hi Val-
Funny you should say that! I have spacers rolled in your beee-yoo-tiful fuschia frit just a'waiting to go! I've just had a bunch of black & white & pink auctions & I saw this AMAZING white dress in a magazine that had black-outlined daisies w/yellow centers...do you think I should have posted a pic of the dress?

And Beth-thanks for posting the pic!

Beth Myers
04-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Ohhhhh Lori,
I like Val's switch idea......wish I thought of it.......that would be easy to do and give you two great sets.......now go....MAKE MORE......wink!
Beth

Teri.p
04-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Lori - I'm with the others..... and hoping you get some of those last-minute bids. Personally, I really like the beads, the mix of shapes, the color combo, and the whole pic package. It's weird, isn't it....... I recently made a set using a little unusal combination of colors - I loved thoes beads - and it took three times around for them to sell on eBay.

So hang in there, kiddo!

Teri

cankeep
04-21-2004, 03:22 PM
I saw those gorgeous beads a few days ago and thought they'd probably get a ton of bids! They're wonderful and fun... I love them just the way they are, but Val's suggestion of adding some pink is a good one. Pink with black and white are hot this year...or pink with anything!

EBay is so fickle! I had a hot run of great bidding for the beginning of the year but had a few auctions recently go for just the opening price or just a few dollars more. I can't figure it out, but I try not to take it quite as personally as I used to when the bidding is slow.
It will pick up! (crossing my fingers and toes....please let it be so....wondering if there's a version of the rain dance that we can do to induce the "high rollers " to all want our beads and bid like crazy)

Jamn!
04-21-2004, 03:50 PM
I think the beads are just fine. I think they are pretty , interesting and I like the color combination, but something is bugging me and I think its the yellow spacer beads in the middle of all of them. Maybe if they were on the ends it wouldn't distract from your main beads. You also have all the white beads on the end and I would have mixed them up with the black more.

Good luck! The winner is getting some wonderful beads!

jujeebeads
04-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Lezlie made a good point about the "fickleness" (is that a real word?) of ebay. Your beads are beautiful, but don't take it personally. I know I have felt that way about some of my auctions and I shouldn't. Some of my beads sell for the opening bid and others surprise me with all the last minute bidding wars! So keep positve and if they don't sell (which they probably will:) ), you have been given some great alternative advice here! Good luck and keep up the great work!!

Judy :cat:

denizen
04-21-2004, 04:00 PM
The beads are cute, but I kind of jumped back from my screen when the picture first loaded--the colors are LOUD and the type in the picture is BIG!
The overall effect is kind of jumbled instead of showcasing the beads.

Lee

Booger
04-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Lori-
I love the beads AND the colors. I like the ad layout and the asymetrical bead shapes put together. Ebay is a spooky place. Sometimes it works and sometimes the right buyer is saving up for something else. I can't find a pattern or logic to it but there are gazillions of auctions out there everyday. And if doesn't sell today? Try Val's idea or make some jewelry with them and sell them at a local store for much more. THEY WILL SELL.

Cause they are just wonderful.
Good Luck To You!
Sheryll

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-21-2004, 04:11 PM
The beads are cute, but I kind of jumped back from my screen when the picture first loaded--the colors are LOUD and the type in the picture is BIG!
The overall effect is kind of jumbled instead of showcasing the beads.

Lee

I agree with Lee. The background and words in the display totally distracted me from the beads. I bet they would stand out a lot more if the layout were more simple. I don't think it's necessarily the yellow...just the busyness.

I see the bicone in the picture up top and it's awesome. If that picture weren't there I don't think I would have noticed it fully in the display.

Loriola
04-21-2004, 05:05 PM
I am DEFINITELY taking everyone's advice to heart. I think that I'll experiment w/a more subtle layout next time.

I am feeling the love :D!

Peg
04-21-2004, 06:23 PM
It's almost bumble bee time again! And I LOVE daisies - so I decided to make a set of beads that would show off a bunch of different daisy interpretations in bumble bee colors. Voila! 19 beads, including TWO focals (the heart and the bicone), 6 lentils, 3 rounds, and 8 spacers. I used Lauscha black, effetre white, and a GORGEOUS rod of yellow that, after removing the beads from the kiln, turned out to be a luscious streaky orangey-yellow that seems to glow from within.
SIZES (just to give you an idea)

I always try to look for positives when checking my writing.
"The beads are terrific." I love them and they should sell.The only thing I would do different if I were writing the above instead of bunch I would say group or collection of different daisies. Bunch makes them seem a little more common and the second thing I would say the luscious streaky orangey-yellow glows from within and leave out the kiln bit. It sounds a little like you don't know your glass and I know you must to have turned out such lovely beads. The third thing if it were me I would remove the huge kiln annealed from the bead picture as it catches your eye more than those striking beads you have shared. Peg M

Loriola
04-21-2004, 06:33 PM
hey guess what?? there's a bid! whoo-hoo.

Peg-good advice, thanks! I think you're right about the big kiln annealed part. I'm going to tone it down next time.

nilaya
04-21-2004, 08:04 PM
I Love those beads! I saw them a few days ago and added them to my fave beads to drool over folder :p Ive had sets up that appear to have no interest..but that auction software i trialed showed me that 12 people had it on there watch list..these people often leave it to the very last minute.
I bet you get more than one bid by the end :)

Lorretta

nilaya
04-21-2004, 08:08 PM