PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning thread 21.4.2004

Gingerbiscuit
04-21-2004, 06:01 AM
Good morning evereyone! Well, I expect most of you are tucked up and fast asleep just now, but I hope that you wake to a great day!!! It's a cold but sunny day here today. Lots of rain is expected later. Brrrrrr!

Lynne :)

lisilk
04-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Good morning Lynne.

I am in " sunny" California, haven't gone to sleep yet and it is freezing out side ( snowed last night. ) LOL.

Would you like this to be todays Show and Tell thread ? I can have a moderator change the name if you'd like but you must have tea and post a picture first. LOL. Otherwise, have a wonderful adventure in creating today !

Cheers,

Li

Retta Gates
04-21-2004, 06:15 AM
I am awake, Hello all! :) It was rainy here in Kansas yesterday. I wonder what today holds?

Take care all.

Gingerbiscuit
04-21-2004, 06:15 AM
Good morning Lynne.

I am in " sunny" California, haven't gone to sleep yet and it is freezing out side ( snowed last night. ) LOL.

Would you like this to be todays Show and Tell thread ? I can have a moderator change the name if you'd like but you must have tea and post a picture first. LOL. Otherwise, have a wonderful adventure in creating today !

Cheers,

Li

Snow and California are 2 words I don't associate together, lol!!!

I'm not showing and telling today, so I'm happy to leave the thread as is, but thanks anyway!!

Get some sleep!!! heehee :D

Lynne :)

Retta Gates
04-21-2004, 07:27 AM
:) I thought Cali and snow didn't mix till I went there in early spring and froze my "hiney" off. LOL

Beads-Me!
04-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Good morning friends! It's rainy here too - but I guess I'll put up with it because we really need the rain. I'm looking forward to the day ahead - no classes, no work, no real plans! So I think I'm going to hit a few places to see if I can get some of my jewelry in somewhere.... it's time! And I'm going to start calling around for a place to hold a bead show here in the fall. It'll be a lot of work - but I really think the area I live in will eat it up! So I'll let my fingers do some walking and start getting prices on rooms in the area.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and create something that makes you happy! See you around the forum.....

Teri.p
04-21-2004, 08:03 AM
G'morning, and happy hump day to you all! (Except for Nancy, happy first day of your 6-day weekend! :p ) Raining here, too, a lovely soft spring rain. Sure makes a difference when you can look through the rain and see all the new green.

My excitement for the day - I've started to get the itch to sew... Haven't done any -real- sewing for a couple of years, although that hasn't stopped me from buying fabric. :rolleyes: With my stash, I could do just about anything from sweats to a ball gown!

Teri

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 08:12 AM
/opens one eye....I don't think I can be sociable until I get some OJ...

/shuffles off to the kitchen.

;)

~Danielle

SuzyQ
04-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Good Morning All! I haven't anything pressing today. I have until 11:30 to just create as I please.

Nancy - Love to hear more about the bead show. Please keep us posted.

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 09:06 AM
G'morning creative artists of adornment!

I have a Dr. appt at ten. After that... not sure what I am going to do today! (probably photograph cigar purse for Deep Blue Sea project.) Perhaps begin garden bracelet.)

It's a little chilly here and no rain so far. Last night the county over from us had two tornadoes.

Nancy, you have really taken off with the jewelry and you really have the knack for it. I know your pieces will be scooped up! Great idea to research a bead show in your area! Best of luck to you as you begin.

beclectic
04-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Good Morning!

It is raining here too but not hard, just sorta wet. It was 65 F on the way into work this morning so not too cold, at least we didn't have snow like Li. I used to live outside of San Francisco and I have to agree with Mark Twain - 'The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco.' :D

Hey Teri, I just realized we aren't too far apart. You're just a bit outside of Indy. Do you ever get down here to Louisville? I go to Indy occasionally. I'll keep an eye out for bead shows and such in your area and maybe give you a heads-up if you are interested in meeting there. If not I understand and won't be offended or anything.

Donna - Yikes tornados. Don't you hate it when the sky gets green and the wind is weird? Always makes me very nervous. We bought a house with a basement after a tornado went over our rented house 8 years ago. We had to huddle under the stairs, I was not a happy camper. The hail was about the size of bowlie marbels. Fortunately, that one stayed in the air and their wasn't much damage except to trees and power lines in our area. Some of the surrounding towns weren't so lucky.

Nancy - Are there other lampworkers to go in with you for a show. Several of the local artists here get together twice a year and have a bead and jewelry show. The next one is next Sunday April 25th. I can give more details if anyone is interested in going. I'm definately going.

I'm at work as usual so back to work.

TheBlueBetween
04-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Good Morning everyone :)

Someone (Luke I'm sure) was playing with the alarm radio yesterday and so lucky me it went off at 6:15 and so here I am. Must get some OJ too, good idea Danielle...

It looks like rain here too, but then it is Seattle and it always rains so what's new with that? It could clear up... they sky looks green though, so I'm not sure that's a good sign.... or maybe I just need that OJ really bad?! LOL.

I made 3 pieces last night - 2 purple bracelets and another leopard jasper necklace - will see if they make it into a show and tell before I have to leave to take Luke to speech class. While he's there I'm going to run over to Ben Franklins and see what my options are for that clasp. I wish there was time to run over to JoAnn Fabrics instead though - they probably have a bigger selection.

Good luck Nancy! Your jewelry is beautiful and I'm sure you will be a success. Have you thought about aproaching some of the local boutiques and seeing if they will buy some of your pieces to resell?

Have a nice creative day everyone :)

Pam

Teri.p
04-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Barbara - hey neighbor! No,I don't get out much.... although I do travel to Columbus several times a year to visit my dad. I'd love to get together when you come up this way!!

I am, however, planning on a trip to L'ville next year for the Gathering. I just realized that it's going to be held there, so I'm starting a Gathering Fund today.

Y'know Nancy,there are so many MI artists that your bead show will no doubt do very well. Actually, it's (relatively) close to me so I would consider applying to be a vendor; or at the very least attend as a buyer! :cool:

Teri

McDuck
04-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Oh so much talk already on this board! I feel behind :( :rolleyes:

Nancy, I wanna table at your bead show!

We had tornados the next town over from me, did a bit of damage in Joliet. We heard thesirens go off twice I think. But we needed the rain and I hope noone was injured from the storms last night. Donna I am glad to hear you and yours are safe too.

I read so much I cant even remember what to comment on, I feel so thick headed this morning again. Dan's alarm must go off at least 5 times before it rushes outa bedlate. he doesnt hear it half the time and it is loud enough to WAKE THE DEAD! I have to push at him, hey turn it off! so I dont want to be up at 430 and go back to bed. Might just have to change myhours, but hey, i would be able to open the good morning hello thread daily. LOL

Okay,I have a kiln full of bisque from last night, glazed a bunch of things, have a few more to finish to mail off collaboration items tomorrow. The masks go in today and if I didnt stink them up, one shoudl go out tomorrow too. I might post them tomorrow if they look good. Short of that all 10 colors of sea urchins are going in today. Yeah! magic kiln tonight, woohooo.

Okay, I need to get on my treadmill, a slimfast, a shower and then work!

hugs and good day to you all!
Mary...errrr...McDuck

Beads-Me!
04-21-2004, 10:42 AM
As soon as I nail down a place I'll let everyone know. I'm shooting for late Oct. - early Nov. and I plan on keeping it fairly small the first time. If all goes as I hope it will - we'll be making this an annual event. The Fire and Ice Show in Traverse City in the Spring and the ?? show in GR in the fall. There are so many of us in southern MI and northern IL, IN and OH that we should be able to put on quite a show! More details as they come.....

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Nancy~

Are you considering having vendors who sell completed jewelry or mixed media pieces that include beadwork? If so, I'd love to be part of the show. You might draw a larger crowd if you include jewelry sellers as well as bead makers.

Just a thought!

~Danielle

debkauz
04-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Morning all. Actually, the morning's almost over, bu who's counting? I am feeling quite lazy today. We went out for dinner last night and then got caught in all the rain on the way home. One of the poor cats wouldn't come in before we left and was totally p*$$ed at us when we got home. He's still complaining this morning. I am glad that all in the Chicago area are safe from the tornados last night. We didn't get anything but rain in the city, but I heard on the news that 4 or 5 people were killed. I love storms, but NOT when people get hurt and loose their houses.
Need to get off this computer and start doing something constructive. I finally had 2 days off in a row and I am being quite lazy. Since I have to go back to the pit tomorrow, need to get something done.

Be creative!

Deb

beclectic
04-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Barbara - <snip> I am, however, planning on a trip to L'ville next year for the Gathering. I just realized that it's going to be held there, so I'm starting a Gathering Fund today.

Teri

The Gathering, what is that? :::she asks, feeling stupid::: :o

Beads-Me!
04-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey Barbara - don't feel stupid! The Gathering is the International Society of Glass Beadmakers annual get together ie: convention. Last year it was in Boston, this year Portland - next year Louisville.

Here's a link for more info:The Gathering (http://www.isgb.org/gathering/index.shtml)

And yes Danielle - I think a few vendors with just finished pieces would be great. Some of us had finished jewelry along with beads in TC but I think a couple of good jewelry booths would be a good idea. I think we're also going to have some related type workshops throughout the day as well such as basic stringing, wire wrapping, etc. I know that I heard from several people they would have liked that in TC but there wasn't enough room this year... I'll keep you posted!

Charlee
04-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey y'all! Flitting thru - am on my way out of town to see my Gran. I hope to be back in a couple of days, so will post my deep blue sea when I return. Not an emergency, but sort of a command performance. :rolleyes: Please send me peacful, calming thoughts and pray I keep my temper & tongue in check. Her husband of 2 years has the knack of truly, deeply pissing me off. Other than that, life is good and all is well. ~snort~

Charlee

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 11:27 AM
LOL Charlee..

Try and keep it together for the sake of earning your angel wings. ;)

~Danielle

beclectic
04-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey Barbara - don't feel stupid! The Gathering is the International Society of Glass Beadmakers annual get together ie: convention. Last year it was in Boston, this year Portland - next year Louisville.

Here's a link for more info:The Gathering (http://www.isgb.org/gathering/index.shtml)

Once I get more time at the torch and start making more beads I want to join the ISGB. There is also a Ky. Beadmakers Guild I want to join. I can't believe I'm so lucky to have the convention here, in my city next year. I'm going to start saving now so I can take at least one workshop maybe 2. :::bouncing up and down over something that is over a year away::: :D :clap: :D

Charlee - sending calming thoughts. Just ignore him like I used to do with my step-grandpa. I'd just nod my head and say uh-hun. There was no use talking reason to him, he never listened and was very set in his ways. I actually started to like him for his good points after I did that.

MadameKali
04-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Good morning, folks! Technically, I still have fifteen minutes to say that . . . lol. It's a "gloomy" day, but I never mind rainy days, it's a lovely day to sleep in. This is my last week of freedom before I start my new job at Starbucks! (Henceforth, I am known as the " 'bucky ho." But I love Starbucks and will gladly sell them my body for their coffee goodness :) ) I am going to work on a choker today that I am making out of maille with "African Jade" beads and burgundy and olive swarovski crystals. I'll throw up a picture soon of a bracelet I made my roommate yesterday.

Teri--let me know next time you're in Columbus :) Have you ever been to Byzantium here? It's a bead and jewelry supply store, very funky. And you'll love Louisville, it's the only really urban place in Kentucky, my beloved home state. I'm travelling down that way this weekend, actually, and I'll be driving through L-ville. (Excited about driving home in the spring, Kentucky is SO beautiful--but I'm biased :) )

(I just realized--unless you mean Columbus, Indiana . . . :o )

~Susie

Teri.p
04-21-2004, 11:56 AM

~Susie

hehehe, no worries, Susie - my fault for not being more specific. Yep, my dad lives out in the country somewhere near Columbus, IN.

But, Cols OH is probably just as near; and I do remember reading somewhere online about that fab bead store. Sounds worthy of a road-trip!

Teri

beclectic
04-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Go<snip> And you'll love Louisville, it's the only really urban place in Kentucky, my beloved home state. I'm travelling down that way this weekend, actually, and I'll be driving through L-ville. (Excited about driving home in the spring, Kentucky is SO beautiful--but I'm biased :) )

~Susie

What about Lexington? ROFL

I'm not from KY but I live here and it is a beautiful state. One of the prettiest I've ever been in and I've been to about 45 of the 50. I guess it depends on what you like. Anyway the dogwoods are still blooming and I think the Redbuds are too especially in the hilly parts where it is cooler. For those who don't know both those flowering trees grow wild in KY and put on an impressive show this time of year. In some areas, like around the Kentucky River cliffs they spill down the cliff sides with dark pink and white and there are little wet weather branches (streams) that make small waterfalls down the grey wet rocks too. It is like fairyland.

Barrie
04-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Good morning everyone!! It's still morning here, although I'm sure most of you guys are well into your afternoons! I've had a slow start, there was a glitch in the daycare for my granddaughter, and I ended up having her until 9:30, so having a toddler around really puts the brakes on any constructive work! :) Today I'm going to make some beads, post some auctions, make some jewelry for a teahouse that's opening in our area soon (gorgeous place too!), then tonight I'm teaching a class at the local community college.

Nancy! Way to go! I'm organizing a bead show myself for the fall, which will be the first one in our area, ever! :) I'm hoping it works out well, but having only ever been to one or two real bead shows, I'm drawing blanks in lots of areas!! I love the idea of finished jewelry as well as loose stuff. And I just had a brainstorm for including other beadmakers - will have to mull that over and see if I can come up with a plan!! LOL! Never enough time in a day!!

Well, off to my grindstone everyone!! Have a blast, stay warm and dry - we're having a sunny morning, but there's supposed to be showers later today -good thing I like rain!!!