PDA

View Full Version : Show and Tell Wednesday, April 21

Tink
04-21-2004, 12:43 AM
What a day! Donna (the beautimous Studio Wench) was here until LATE, and we had a totally rockin' time! And she is now taking my pictures for me! OMG I am SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She did a completely [email protected] job, too! I LOVE YOU DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a bead from my new Cocoon series... A big honkin' hollow:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10179-cocoon1.jpg

Two views of a Passion of the Flame. Donna was able to catch the light coming through the tranparent orange glass like a pro. It looks like the bead is on fire!:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10179-passionx2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10179-Passionx.jpg

kybeadmaker
04-21-2004, 01:17 AM
Tink...your beads are absolutely gorgeous !!!!!! I want a Tink bead...are you going to put them on ebay???
Harriet

Teri.p
04-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Ooooooo Tinkster - hang on to Donna, don't let go! She did a bang-up job photographing your beadies (oh yeah, the beads are pretty cool, too). ;)

Here's another set of Kitchen Sink Lentils - now that I've really gotten into making these, I am using every bit of glass. I keep a jar for my stringer ends, and once a week or so, dump that onto my work surface and pick 'em up willy-nilly. I do use light ivory for the base, and have started using a bit of SIS, otherwise, it's all ends and pieces. Fun stuff!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/23019-040180b.jpg

Teri

Tink
04-21-2004, 01:34 AM
*beaming* :D Thank you!!!!!! I have been going through what Prairieson calls my "Jackson Pollock Phase". LOL! Oh, what fun I have been having! It's like I'm seeing the glass with new eyes! I'm so glad you like them!

I usually just put my beads up on my site. My mailing list members get forewarning of new stuff going up. The pictures went up about 9 PM, and I hardly have anything left, which both amazes and greatly pleases me! :clap:

I pre-sell a lot, too, so even if I have a really productive evening at the torch, by the time I take pictures, only a handful are still for sale.

If something hangs around on the website for a week or so, then I move it to my sale page. If it languishes there for over a week, then it's off to eBay with it. LOL!

Thanks again, Harriet! It means so much to hear such nice stuff from someone whose work I really admire :)

cindy's studio
04-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Gorgeous beads you guys!! Tink, that hollow is great and fantastic picture!
Teri, your lentils are groovy!
Thanks for sharing!
Cindy

Betzbead ebay auctions (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=betzbeads&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50)

Briatha
04-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Tink they are all spectacular!
Teri super Kitchen Sink Lentils!
Cindy luscious set!

Emerald Dwarven Gems

JCA
04-21-2004, 05:17 AM
Tink Very cool bead I like fire stuff!!
Teri- Great Idea for using up the ends!
Cindy- Very Bright Beautiful..
Faith- Emerald Green Love It!
Speaking of fire.
Black base with turquoise flames

nursekatie
04-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Oh Tink!!! Incredible!!!! I want a tink bead tooo!!

Teri.....I love the lentil Soup beads!!! I admire you guys who can get that tool to work for you!!

Cindy! Lovely set!!!

Faith.....gorgeous as always!! (I now have a faith bead :clap: )

Jim....ohhhh....those are great colors together!!

Well...I hope I have something to show .......I think that is it for new stuff...at least what I have pics of.......Have a flamin good day!!! I have some new tools...so I hope to be flamin myself tonight!!!

blazinghussy
04-21-2004, 06:15 AM
Ooooh, Tink, gorgeous stuff! I just love those "Polock'd" hollows :)

Teri, great 'kitchen sink' lentil. I just love that effect of picking up scrap glass with a ball of molten glass :)

Cindy and Briatha - *DROOL* Fabulous!

Mr. Booger - YOWIE! I love the blue flames :)

Ok, my turn (and I'm actually on the first page for once!) Striking carnelian base with swirls and dots of orange, blue, blue filigrana, yellow, trans green, pea green stringers all over the little buggers and encased in clear. I had a great time making these (and using up the rest of my oxy before my delivery today) I just wish I'd gotten the silly things to come out a little more relative in size :) Ah well, at least they don't look like puke :D

Kel

GinaJ
04-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Good Morning, Everyone:
Tink - You are SO talented!
Terri - Those are great, good idea!
Cindy - Just Beautiful!!!!!
Briatha - Love the color, they glow!
Jim - WOW!!!
Katie - Those are awesome
Kel - Beautiful!!! (definitely NOT puke!!)
Here's mine for today.... I LOVE violet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lvideki
04-21-2004, 09:04 AM
What wonderful beads everyone! Tink... I just love the cocoon series! Very cool look to those beads!!

I am starting to think I have bead ADD... I don't hold on to concepts too long. I was on floral kick for a long time... then I went to boro for a little bit... now I am completely hooked on doing these freeform dichroic pendants. Lord knows I am a dichro junkie... I got my start fusing... but these are by far my FAVORITE because they are lampworked dichroic pendants!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10763-carribean.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10763-organza.jpg

And finally... my dear sister who has been making some really awesome displays, made me a super cute display for one of my fish beads. Isn't this too cute??
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10763-fishdisplay.jpg

Les

starlightdesigns
04-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Oh my!!!! You all are just blowing me away this morning!!!! You guys are SUCH an inspiration!

My next torching day isn't til Saturday, and I've trying to come up with an idea, now I've got TOO many ideas I don't know what to settle on. It's like my brain is cluttered up now with all sorts of things, kinda like somebody's attic or basement, or garage... (I don't have any of those things, all my junk is stored out in the workshop!)

Time for a spring cleaning of my BRAIN!!!

.... so many beads, so little time...

DebbieSue
04-21-2004, 09:15 AM
I love that fish display. It's such a cute idea! Beautiful beads by all today! Great way to start my day... :)

Debbie

Onalee
04-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Wow, Some really nice stuff today. Tink I wish I could make the hollows. Yours are beautiful. Love the mill end lentils, the flame, and the beads with the carnelian. what colors on th light yellow biegeish bead? It is really sharp. Those dichroic beads are so striking. I think it is Katy that had the beautiful beads with the soft peach and gray or lavender. Love them.
Here are a couple of sets I've done lately. Onalee

McDuck
04-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Such a wonderful show and tell already! Great work everyone!!! :clap:
Tink I love those hollows!
Katie, that black and red bead is beautiful, it's calling my name!
Nothing from me but bisque about 300 more beads :rolleyes: nuttin really to look at.
-Mary

lepoppet
04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Well,
Its another crappie week at the day job and another round of Happy Colors on the torch.

Maria

Jamn!
04-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Tink Those are really cool! I love the transparency and the shapes!
Teri That's a nice set the colors are interesting
Cindy Very pretty set!
Briatha Those are really nice lentils! I like the shimmery look of them!
Jim I love your flames! Burn on!
Katie I like how you use all different colors! I really like the black one and the vessel is cool!
Kel They are pretty!
Gina Really delicate violet set and the blue/yellow is one of my favorite color combinations!
Les WOW!!! The little diver is so cute!! The focals are neat swirls of color!
Onnalee Such delicate and lovely beads!!
Maria I almost missed you set! Lovely!!
I have fumed a few beads lately and I am working on a couple more sets for ebay... I should get them finished today! I kept trying to clean the specks of silver off.. I thought at first they must be bead release! :D These are not the same bead but I wanted you to see what the fuming does on the sides! I almost like it better that the front of the beads!

*Naos*
04-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Everybody's beads are beautiful!! So much gorgeous work here lately!

Here's my latest. I'm quite unsure about it - not because of the work itself (I'm proudof it) but because of the price I'm asking. These 5 beads took over 5 hours to make because of shaping, Dremel usage, etc... I'll work in monochrome next time so that the patterns can be seen better but...uh... ~crossing fingers that I get at least one bid~

Antiquity - Egypt (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4106788531)

dread
04-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok I almost finished last time and the WC system went down so if I miss you or I cant get finished I KNOW YOU ALL have great beads !
Tink - OOOOOOO TINKY !!!!
Teri- Love em
Cindy - Yummy (working on a single or double description line here )
Briatha - in Awe
JCA- I love the blue
Nursekatie - OMYO those tubes (I like the purplypink mosaic myself)
Blazing Hussy - great beads
Gina-love the purple set (I love em all)
Leslie - Know what your talking about bead ADD! O HOW I LOVE YOUR DICRO
your sister made a great display !
Onalee - nice beadies
Jamn- OOOO cool bead
Leppopit - DITTO !!!!! Love the colors you used
Naos- I like the look

Well ........onto - I sort of forgot why I was here now - the list was so long of great beaders today !

O yeah. more painted bead samplers - used my new toy - an industrial hot plate that goes up to 1000 deg F to lay my flat glass on so I can attach to my bead (no more burny finger kinda feeling) works great. Also a (drum roll here) hollow lentil vessel (hollow challenged) - the BIG long bead (girl) is actually 4" long and about the diameter of a dime - why - just so I could see if I could on a minor with two concentrators - and I did - Honker bead though wouldnt want it to hit me in the head !

Gayle Harthcock
04-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Gorgeous beads here today!!! I had read a post earlier in the past week about someone wanting to know how to make ribbon beads. I was trying to post my little experiment there, but lost the thread. Will post these here then. I'm off to the day job! Have a great day everyone and keep on torchin'

koregon
04-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Good Morning all
here is mine for the day...a bit of "Victoriana"

Toni Lutman
04-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Great beads everyone!!!

Here's an ocelot spot frit vessel.

Toni

sandree
04-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Deborah...those beads are wonderful! Are you making a bead and then attaching a painted piece of glass...I wasn 't sure I understood. The girl is my favorite.

Sandy

mperaza
04-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Great beads today!! Don't have time to comment on all today.

Here's a few of mine from yesterday.
Marilyn

beadamaniac!
04-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Maria, love that black and white set! Also all 3 lentil sets and Tink, that bead is drop dead gorgeous!
Everyone's beads were beautiful! Can't wait till I get my torch running... WAH!!

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Holy smokes, Tink. I love your cocoon series!

Here is something a bit different from me lately. Minimalist.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/16432-2004_0421a4.jpg

mhartjen
04-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Wonderful eye-candy ... love the variety. Here are a few of mine ... Marna