PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Owl Show Em' If Ya Got Em'!

Foofaraw
04-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Well, today's daily thread was so scrumptious that I decided to see if we could get an evening one going that could rivel it! So c'mon, you know you wanna show em'!

This is a set of tabs that I was playing around with and got the coolest copper patina effect on. It was turqouise and blue. Not what I was expecting, but I love the effect!

http://www.foofarawbeads.com/images/AgeanSea.jpg

nicker
04-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Lovely set Jenn! :clap: This set was nothing like I planned in the start but it turned out not too bad!

Foofaraw
04-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Those are yummy!!!!! Don't you love it when something doesn't turn out what you were expecting, but you get a winner in the process? I like the new backround too!

double S
04-20-2004, 08:50 PM
jenn: lovely colors, I love copper looks
Nicole: great green and purples, frits?
Here are my first vessel attempts. the handles broke and the vessel necks are wonky but I etched them anyway.
Lisa S

dasi11
04-20-2004, 08:51 PM
love the frit....great tabs and I like the silver beads. well here goes. I wish I had this picture thing worked out. Here are some fish I made after the Sharon Peters class. I was practicing. I also found a great turquoise I had never tried before. It does not get the metals rising to the surface.

kenchunk
04-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Me too! Love frits! I have a life time supply of frits after Alex's frits bulk buy :rolleyes:

Here is one I made with frits.

Sachiko

Briatha
04-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Jenn gorgeous set!
Nicole lovely lovely purples!
Lisa great first vessels!
Heather delightful school of fishies! I love that turquoise set...the turquoise is lusious!
Sachiko scrumptious frit set!

nilaya
04-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Great stuff everyone. I love those frits sachiko!
and..although wednesday is half over for me.. :p heres mine.

Lorretta :)

Patricia'sglass
04-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Jenn, those turned out beautiful. Just wonderful beads tonight. I haven't been on the torch in a few days. Tomorrow, I hope. I love all those fish, heather. Are you gonna sell any?
Pattym

glassdude
04-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Here're my goodies for today. They are up on eBay now.
Encased Lentil Florals!
Not easy and really time consuming, but aren't they yummy!?
Jacqui

starlightdesigns
04-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Oh, wow.... AWESOME beads everyone!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lyddie
04-20-2004, 10:55 PM
I haven't posted anything in a LONG time. Thought I would share a couple. One is a floral a la Kristen Franzten-Orr and the others are a friend and me experimenting with palladium.

Lydia

Lyddie
04-20-2004, 10:58 PM
And a small bit of humor - What did the fish say when he hit a wall.....

Dam - Busted! :evil:

DebbieSue
04-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Beautiful beads tonight! Love those lentils. What a shame about the busted fish, she was a beauty! :(

Debbie

starlightdesigns
04-20-2004, 11:05 PM
And a small bit of humor - What did the fish say when he hit a wall.....

Dam - Busted! :evil:

Ooooh, how heart breaking! I think I would have cried like a baby over that one! :(

diva
04-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Beautiful work, everyone! :clap:

I had an unplanned boro session the other day. Y'know, I didn't used to think the stuff was hard to work with... :rolleyes: Almost two hours working on a flower marble that will never be seen in public - neat almost glowy color effect on the petals, but the shape was all wrong, one of the greens used for the leaves decided to be all crackly, the bottom of the flower didn't want to go anywhere near the center, and it rolled off the table and burned a hole in one of my favorite t-shirts before I finally gave up and tossed it in the kiln. Next time I play with boro for the first time in almost a year I'll maybe warm up with something easier... :rolleyes:

I had better luck with a wig-wag pendant (way more control over the twistiness than with moretti!) and a bunch of pairs of little round beads (the smallest are around 7mm, the big red ones on the end are 10mm) destined to become earrings (eventually).

Severian
04-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi all,

Took my first steps with lampworking this previous Sunday with a class at Blue Moon Glassworks in Austin, TX. I'm definitely hooked. These are my first beads ever - almost ashamed to show them amongst such wonderful beads as you all produce. Anyways, here goes nothin'!

-don

dasi11
04-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Severian....they look great especially for a first class!

Severian
04-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks Heather! I had a blast...I can just begin to feel the cash hemoraging out of my wallet. Yikes!

-don