PDA

View Full Version : Impasto Brush Question

JulieBoyles
04-20-2004, 05:36 PM
HHHHEEEELLLPPP! :confused: :confused: :confused: I've been working for a few days on getting the hang of using the impasto brush settings. I tried them when I first got Painter 8and was having some trouble so stopped using them. Well, I've finally broke down and admitted to myself, that these brushes really produce the look I'm going for right now. I've got the hang of using the brushes themselves and have even created some custom brushes. :clap: . . . . My problem is this:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Apr-2004/21314-BrushQuestion.jpg
The writing shows the settings of the impasto brush I used.
When I get too heavy handed or go over an area too much I get those light areas like I have circled. And no matter what I do, I can't get rid of them. Needless to say, this can (and has) ruined a whole piece. So my question is, how do I get rid of areas like this. Is there a setting for the eraser tool I can use?? The other part of the question is, how can I get rid of strokes that are in the wrong place, that is erase the color AND the impressions. Summed up, how can I erase Impasto Brush strokes back to the original surface????

PPPPlllllleeeeaaassseeee, somebody help me! :crying: :crying: (banging my head on the desk!) I'm having a bad art week and it's only Tuesday!

Thanks in advance!

Julie

JCoop
04-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Julie, Julie... take some deep breathes :eek: I'm so sorry you're having bad art week. Believe me... I know how you feel. Just keep going forward and the art Gods will shine on you once again. ;)

One erases impasto from the entire layer. The other is a brush that erases as you stroke.

Okay Julie... smile.

JulieBoyles
04-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you Joel! :clap: You're an angel! :angel:

Julie