PDA

View Full Version : Here's one for you Bug! It was snubbed in Gen.

sassybird
09-07-2001, 02:09 AM
Road Runner Coming and Going

Pastels worked wet and pastel pencils.

bug
09-07-2001, 06:24 AM
wow I'm loving this reminds me of sliding down a wet cliff. thanks for sharing I just love seeing post with pictures!:clap:
Abstracts hold my attention much more then any other form of art because you get to see in them what you want most of the time. It's totally free no rules to follow. Do you feel that sense of freedom when your working on something like this? :)

bug
09-07-2001, 06:38 AM
It's was so nice to sign on this morning and find all these new and interesting post going up, thanks for sharing everybody this forum is starting to move now. I hated signing in and seeing nothing new happening in abstracts. Keep up the great work everyone I'll be looking for more post.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

timelady
09-07-2001, 07:07 AM
I find it worrying that bug knows what it's like to slide down a wet cliff! :D I mean, I know what it's like but figured I was the only silly person who went hiking on her own.

The idea of using pastels wet is interesting... might try it.

Tina.

bug
09-07-2001, 07:33 AM
With me it isn't hiking it's beeing clumsy and falling on my butt a lot over the years or was it my head oh well same difference:D ;)

sassybird
09-07-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bug
With me it isn't hiking it's beeing clumsy and falling on my butt a lot over the years or was it my head oh well same difference:D ;)

LOL My butt and head have both gotten me in trouble over the years, yet, foolish girl that I am I have purposely slid down cliffs in the rain just for the rush. Ummmmmmmmmmm now what does that say about me? :evil: My thrill seeking days of that sort are over now though :(

Yes, I do find freedom in abstract. I didn't come to that phase in my work until about 5 yrs ago. I had a prof that head butted me over and over until I got so PO'd one day I just started slamming paint on the canvas. The next thing I knew she was running across the room, and yelling at me that I had been holding out on her...........lmao She was about 5' tall and tiny as could be, and in her 60's. I was 5'8" at the time and 40.........lol That little lady had spunk!

colorme
09-07-2001, 06:30 PM
i love this...it reminds me of an exotic bird from the amazon for some reason..i like the bright oranges..:)

ps: i also hate logging on and seeing nothing new on the abstract/contemporary forum..

LeeK
09-09-2001, 08:03 AM
Energy but not apart from the form.

LeeK
09-09-2001, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by bug
Abstracts hold my attention much more then any other form of art because you get to see in them what you want most of the time.

They require input from the viewer; energy. They are interactive in a way that a representational piece cannot be.

bug
09-09-2001, 08:17 AM
Very well stated!:clap:

Jan-Michael
09-09-2001, 08:36 AM
I have to agree about abstract art.. I see Human Forms Floating in Liquid Electricity...!!!

jheinrich
09-09-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LeeK

They require input from the viewer; energy. They are interactive in a way that a representational piece cannot be.

I disagree ... how many times have you looked at a figurative piece and wondered "what are they thinking?" same interaction, IMUO.

Perhaps abstracts are free from cultural symbols, as a representational piece can't be ... but most abstracts artists whom I read the writings of say exactly the opposite ...

(illustration:
Purple is universally a symbol for nobility.
Squares are a cultural symbol for unyeilding.
etc. etc.)

usually the artists have much more colorful metaphors than me, and personal, but they are still expecting the viewer to glean the message based on the context of line, shape and color- which is the same rule for figurative ! hmmnn.

guess it's up to each person to decide for themselves lol :D

j*

david ward
09-13-2001, 10:03 AM
I love the strong feeling of movement in this picture. Who was wet Cliff any way bug he he ?