PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Findings/Beads?

lissadivamama
04-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I just received some gorgeous cast bronze rosary parts (crucifixes and centers) but would like some spacers, caps, etc for accents and can't find any except 'bronze-colored'. I found bronze wire at Hagstoz, so I can get started, but would love to have some extras. Any ideas?

MadameKali
04-21-2004, 03:23 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm it seems like I saw some at the local bead store. I can check for you. :)

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 05:13 PM
I haven't really seen any. It would be very nice to have some though!

Amaris
04-21-2004, 07:48 PM
I just used the Thomas Register Directory of Manufacturers to (not) help me locate something. If you REALLY want to find cast bronze findings you might try it.

The Thomas Register (http://www.thomasregisterdirectory.com/bronze/bronze_categories.html) list 129 catagories of bronze manufacturers. After you figure catagory which one you need (depending on what type of bronze you are looking for, there are a couple of different alloys referred to as 'bronze.'), you can contact the manufacturers directly to see if they manufacturer what you are looking for and where it is available in your area. Many of the manufacturers is have websites or email addresses, so you won't have to call a 100 places. Who you are looking for will probably be in the casting catagory. The website gives brief descriptions; you might start with those that specifically mention jewelry.

Let us know if you find anything. ALSO -- you might try to find out you the manufacturer is of the rosary parts. That manufacturer may manufacturer what you are looking for.

Good luck!