PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Prairie

Thomas Hill
04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Im a newbie and have relocated this picture to digital art. It is a composite of at least six images into a panoramic scene of a tall grass prairie in north central Texas. I welcome any technical and other comments.

Thomas (Jack) Hill

JCoop
04-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Very nice! You have captured the mood of the day. I definitely have a sense of place and time when viewing this piece. Nice job!

themanda
04-20-2004, 02:17 PM
i really like this. captures texas very well! (i live in central texas)

i went to a wildlife park over the weekend, and actually had a bison stick his whole frickin' head inside my car through the window. talk about an experience!!! still smells like bison in the front seat...

i would really like to see a detail shot of this pic, since the size constraints limit it so much.

welcome to wc!

Jet
04-20-2004, 02:59 PM
i really like this. captures texas very well! (i live in central texas)
i went to a wildlife park over the weekend, and actually had a bison stick his whole frickin' head inside my car through the window. talk about an experience!!! still smells like bison in the front seat...
i would really like to see a detail shot of this pic, since the size constraints limit it so much.
welcome to wc!

Ditto, welcome to WC..
and i'd like to see close-up too !!

....and Amanda, don't get too near to wild life, it might be dangerous (to them) lol :rolleyes:

Regards
:cool:

Thomas Hill
04-20-2004, 11:47 PM
I have attached two sections of the picture for more detail since the panorama was limited to 500X600 and there was a request to see it closer. :)

themanda
04-21-2004, 12:51 AM
i like this very much. i'm generally not a fan of adding a heavy texture to an image since, to me, it feels like a gimmick to cover up flaws or force it to have a painterly effect. that being said, though, it really works to carry such a heavy texture on this piece. sort of gives it a technocolor 50s feel, somehow, but without the kitsch.

in case it's hard to tell, i mean that as a compliment. :) LOL great job.

flowerfancy58
04-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Very nice composite! There is a lot of depth to this image:)

gloria