PDA

View Full Version : Wearable Arts First Good Morning Thread 4/20

Beads-Me!
04-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Good morning everyone! Over in the Glass Arts forum we have a daily morning thread where some of us pop in to say hello for the day. It's a regular part of my mornings now and I've enjoyed getting to know some wonderful folks. SOOOO... I thought it would be fun to start the same thing over here and see if it takes off.

Tuesday's my day to work my 1 day a week job so I'm off to get ready to work. (I'd rather be home making pretty things :rolleyes: ) But at least the sun is out and everything here is turning green after the gorgeous weekend we had!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday - make something lovely today!!

Andee
04-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Good morning 2u2!

It's already afternoon here and I'll have my first class in silversmithing in two hours so I'm rather excited - can't wait to get started! :-)

Have a nice day everybody, I'm looking forward to seeing some eye candy!!

Teri.p
04-20-2004, 08:25 AM
One day a week, eh Nancy? I sit my nieces about that often, and I must say, as much as I love them and love spending time with them, I find myself wishing I were at the torch.

I've been a lurker on the morning coffee thread off and on over the past months, so I'll say a big howdy and good morning to catch up. there. I did.

Today I think I'll mow the yard (again!) since rain is forcast for the next few days. I love living in this (semi) rural area, but dang it, the grass just keeps growing. And wouldn't ya know, most of the neighbors have chemically induced lush green lawns so the pressure is on to keep mine nice and short. I can do that, but I'll be danged if I'll resort to chemicals; we all have wells out here, fer pete's sake! Guess that means I don't have to fear dandelions growing out my ears.

Off to the torch - ta!

Teri

DonnaBee
04-20-2004, 08:53 AM
G'mornin creative friends! :)

I just began second cup of coffee.

DH took boys to bustop, and that is a little break for me.

Today I will work on finishing my Deep Blue Sea project entry. Maybe photograph a couple beads I made. Of ten, only three are presentable!

Also I have spring allergies. Allegra and Nasalcrom are my best friends!

Retta Gates
04-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Good morning everyone! Over in the Glass Arts forum we have a daily morning thread where some of us pop in to say hello for the day. It's a regular part of my mornings now and I've enjoyed getting to know some wonderful folks. SOOOO... I thought it would be fun to start the same thing over here and see if it takes off.

Tuesday's my day to work my 1 day a week job so I'm off to get ready to work. (I'd rather be home making pretty things :rolleyes: ) But at least the sun is out and everything here is turning green after the gorgeous weekend we had!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday - make something lovely today!!

Great idea :) Hello all you wearable art makers!

happylsds
04-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Good Morning all!

Did you ever have so much to do that you can't bring yourself to go do any of it? I have a bead show this week end and my first finished jewelry show next Sat and a million things to do for both. My kiln is hot, my mandrels are dipped, and here I am looking at eye candy instead of making use of my last torch day.....I'll be kicking myself later, but right now this moment of peace is kinda nice.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

SuzyQ
04-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Good morning to you all! I just got off my treadmill. Geeze I hate spring. I always have that extra layer of "winter warmth" to get rid of and I spend 2 months swearing I won't eat ice cream every night and I don't really need to make chocolate chip cookies every week, and maybe that glass of wine every night isn't so healthy....:) Which brings me back to the treadmill. I like winter when I can just walk on it a few times a week and not even look at those numbers. For some reason when I'm trying to lose weight I feel the need to force myself to burn a certain number of calories each session and any enjoyment I once had is so gone.
Soon enough summer will be here, I will go to the beach every morning with my kids and somehow the pounds stay off. Hmmm. Maybe it is winter I should hate.
Today? I'm playing with clay. I feel like making canes. They remind me of making cookies but are so much better for my middle-aged middle. :D

McDuck
04-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Morning Friends! :p I am up, going to get on the treadmill too (boy do I need it!) then to the post to mail some beadies. It's alittle overcast here but it doesnt look too bad out. I wish I could affor a maid, just no time to clean :( but will have to find it this week. I need a new mop of all things! Well off to the treadmill then to the slimfast. MMmmmm chocolat royal, my fav! Have a great and glorious day! Mary

Barrie
04-20-2004, 09:40 AM
I love this idea!! Good morning everyone! I'm off to drop of dh and son at work, drop my granddaughter off at daycare, then home to work, work, work! Let's see, got a huge package of charms to mail out today (finally, Lynne!), and some beads itching to be made! I haven't made a bead since Friday, and I'm having withdrawals! Then I'll work on some rings, and a really cool ceramic pendant I'm working on (it's a warm upi for yours, Mary!). I'm kind of stumped on it, as I want it to be special, and am not quite happy with what I have planned, so maybe some uninterrupted torch time will clear the brain! My tattoo is healing nicely, and starting to itch! But I hear that's normal! LOL!
Anyway, I could blab on for hours! Have a wonderful day, we're haveing some rain, but since I love the rain, it's a perfect day!! Go make some pretties!!

McDuck
04-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I love this idea!! Good morning everyone! I'm off to drop of dh and son at work, drop my granddaughter off at daycare,

Grandaughter Barrie? you dont look a day over 21 in your tiny head! *faints*

Yes tats itch. Mine did, it is on the top of my right foot. Keep it outa the sun and keep your tatto goo on it. What did you get?

Yes I am reworking your beads too barrie, i want the colors deep and rich and the bottoms smooth. *sigh*

Off the the threadmill!
-Mary

Charlee
04-20-2004, 10:19 AM
G'mornin y'all :) I am semi-awake and trying to plan out the best use of my day. I'm making a rather unplanned trip to see my Gran tomorrow, so have things to do and am feeling dreadfully slothful and procrastinatory (my new language). It's been very Spring here, and yesterday & today a bit rainy, which doesn't help one bit with the sloth. One more cuppa then to work!

Later...

Charlee

beclectic
04-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Good Morning all!

I'm at work and have been for about 3 hours. I dropped my DD off at child care where she immediately went and talked to the babies after kissing and hugging me goodbye. She loves babies, it's a good thing because she is going to have a 1/2 sister soon. (Not me, DD's bio mom).

We've had our monthly staff meeting this morning and it was short, thank goodness. I am not a meeting person, I am a doing person.

I've got a printer issue to research, a user backup issue to follow up on from yesterday, data for the software/hardware database to enter, software to install, hardware to install and a laptop to finish configuring. That is all between addressing any small user issues that come up. Oh, and I have a dentist's appointment this afternoon, yetch!

I want to go home and work on jewelry and setting up my bead studio. I like my tech work but well jewelry and beads are prettier and more fun.

Have a good one everybody. :)

TheBlueBetween
04-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone (It's still morning here ;) I wonder if I'm always going to be the last one to write in?

Tuesdays are my day off - well not totally off - I never get a day off - but it's the one day a week where we don't have speech classes to rush off to or soccer class to rush off to.

And I'm sick :( I caught a nasty cold somewhere. So we are going to just stay home as long as my son will let me - I know he's going to want to get out so we might go for a ride and count how many horses we can find. Or it might be me who wants to get out - if I can't stand listening to the construction noise - we are having our deck replaced and it's very loud here - between that and the dogs barking and the kid telling the dog not to bark it's enough to drive anyone crazy.

So... that's my day "off" today. I hope to finish my Deep Blue Sea Necklace. And I still have that custom necklace that I said I was going to do YESTERDAY to do...

Thanks for starting this Nancy :) Have a nice day everyone!

Pam

(Oh and Hubby is interviewing today - he desperately needs to get a new job, so any good vibes being sent his way would be SO appreciated!)

Barrie
04-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Grandaughter Barrie? you dont look a day over 21 in your tiny head! *faints*

Yes tats itch. Mine did, it is on the top of my right foot. Keep it outa the sun and keep your tatto goo on it. What did you get?

Yes I am reworking your beads too barrie, i want the colors deep and rich and the bottoms smooth. *sigh*

Off the the threadmill!
-Mary

Well, actually, the tiny head is from Survivor - over in the Glass Art Lobby we're having a Survivor wager, and my character is Shi Ann (Asian girl, still in the running!).The final three people with characters still in the game get BEADS!!! Should be a hoot! Anyway, I am only 42 which is still too young to be a grandparent, but unfortunately children don't always pay attention to the birds & the bees talk and my son ended up fathering a wonderful little girl. The baby is 18 months old, my son is only 17. I'm so proud of him, even though he and the mother are barely speaking, he has his daughter almost 60% of the time. And he does the looking after! I love her dearly, but I've done my parenting, and I'm having a blast being the gramma!

As for making the back perfectly smooth, don't be too anal about that, as it will most likely be covered, I'm thinking bezel setting - which I LOVE to do. I usually decorate the backs of bezels too, so flat is good, but smooth is no big deal. Of course, if it's going to have to be free-hangin, and the back will be seen, then I guess smooth is an issue! I'll leave it in your capable hands!!

And the tattoo I got is a pair of intertwined dragons, on my back, turned out to be about 14 inches long! Starts at the nape of the neck, and goes from there! LOL! Looks great though!

Okay, blabbing my mouth off again!! It must be my procrastination gene kicking in again!! I'll talk to you guys later, after I get some more work done!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

ringslingin
04-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Good Morning :)

Today's going to be a busy day for us. Have some joolrey to price and need to finish up the pieces for Mary/McDuck so I can get an idea of how I'm going to use those lovely beads!

Also going to run out in town (we live on Camp Pendleton) to pay the Macy's charge bill and maybe take advantage of this beautiful day by going for a walk on the beach.

When we get back, I have lots of work on my bench to take care of...*sigh* Not enough hours in the day!

Have a good day everyone

P.S. Barrie try Udderly Smooth lotion for your itchy tat :)

Denise

Barrie
04-20-2004, 01:51 PM
P.S. Barrie try Udderly Smooth lotion for your itchy tat :)

Denise

Thanks Denise! I'm using Lubriderm something or other, works great, only problem being is I can only reach the very top and the very bottom of this one! Shoulda practiced my stretching! LOL! Oh well, dh will slather on the lotion when he gets home from work. Have fun pricing your joolrey! :)

bolimasa
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, actually, the tiny head is from Survivor

And here I am, all this time, with my crappy midlife crisis, looking at your tinyhead wondering why, at 43, I can't be skinny and cute and tallented like Barrie. As if my insecure brain can't invent enough problems for myself, now I find out I have been jealous of a survivor charachter!!

Not entirely, because I am jealous of your work, it is very nice.
Make's me really want to learn some silversmithing! (To go with the lampwork, fusing and stained glass that I don't have enough time for!!!)
(And you're probably skinny, beautiful and inteligent too... just don't tell me about it!)

ringslingin
04-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks Denise! I'm using Lubriderm something or other, works great, only problem being is I can only reach the very top and the very bottom of this one! Shoulda practiced my stretching! LOL! Oh well, dh will slather on the lotion when he gets home from work. Have fun pricing your joolrey! :)

that's what dh's are for, don'tcha know? It's totally worth buying the Udderly Smooth just to read the instructions on the back of the tube, as it's really meant for cow udders. A real hoot, but I'm easily amused, too.

Gingerbiscuit
04-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone!

Well, it's getting on in the day here, 9.30 pm, so "good evening!" I'll try and get on earlier tomorrow. ;)

I hope everyone is having a great day, and that your tatoo is healing nicely Barrie. Would an anti-histamine help with the itching? Homoeopathic or otherwise.

Lynne :)